Anyone have problems making and receiving phone calls having the screen immediately disappear so you can't use speaker or flash and other options on the touch screen?
    This just appeared, phone was working well now no touch screen using the phone.
    Checked all the settings all seems to be OK.
    This just happens in the phone mode all else is working.

Is there a setting I'm missing.

TIA
    06-02-12 02:51 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    06-02-12 08:36 PM
    Good suggestion.
    06-02-12 10:26 PM
    I did that several times and also deleted some apps but still no screen when receiving or making a phone call the only thing I can do is use the end button to end the call. Screen fades out and touching or hitting a button does not bring it back. When I hit the end button it takes me to the contact list to make another call.

TIA
    06-03-12 09:57 AM
    You can try restore default settings from the desk top software.
    06-03-12 01:05 PM
    Stopped by a Verizon store and they said it was the face sensor for the touch screen when you make a call or get a call. I told him the touch works on other parts of the phone and he said he has seen this on other Black Berries called the face touch screen> He said it suppose to go out when you have it to you face but is going off prematurely.

I will bring to my ISD dept tomorrow and see what they say phone is only 9 months old and it has a 1yr warranty.

TIA
    06-03-12 05:22 PM
    Sounds like the proximity sensor isn't reactivating. Could be Os or hardware. You could go to Options/Device/Device And Status Information. Type the word "test". There is no text box to type into, just type the word. Then follow the prompts to test hardware.
    06-03-12 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD