Hi, everyone what I'm going to post right here that will make very,but very happy everyone who has a bberry pearl 8100 and want to hear music using a stereo bluetooth. I have a bberry Pearl Sapphire from T-mobile was searching around and around, and I find out that the bberry 8100 has a2dp since came out everybody are wrong
    that update 4.3.1 when comes out will not listen very carefull will not bring the a2dp update. The problem is not the software, none of that nonsense what they saying over here and in another forum for bberry 8100 online. The problem is the Media Player, yes he Media Player that came with your bberry 8100 you don't need the update that everybody are talking over here, because this is my first time posting over here the forum don't allow me to post the link where you can download this media player for free, but after my 10 posts I will paste the link over here stay tuned people.

I downloaded this media player and I'm very happy that my stereo bluetooth from Nokia works more than perrrrrrrrfect!
    Last edited by acruz70; 01-30-08 at 07:13 PM. Reason: punctuation
    01-30-08 09:24 AM
    anybody else notice how precise he is capitalizing the first letter of every word lol

Welcome to Crackberry.com
    01-30-08 09:31 AM
    Ouch.. I got a headache reading that!
    01-30-08 09:57 AM
    I'll go out on a limb and say that English is not the first language for the OP.
    01-30-08 11:50 AM
    Oooof! Eyes...are....hurting. So the OP is happy or was there a question in there?
    01-30-08 01:37 PM
    ...and a duplicate post of this literary masterpiece in the 8100 forum
    01-30-08 02:54 PM
    welcome to crackberry, what was that again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-08 03:00 PM
    Oh good, I thought maybe I was the only one who was confused by that...
    01-30-08 05:24 PM
    acruz70 sent me the link in PM. So here's the link for the BB Media Player that he says will enable A2DP on BlackBerry Pearl 8100s.

Dollars 5 Complete multiPlay Personal edition for Blackberry 8800, 8300 and 8100

Don't have one to test it out on handy, but if you give it a try let us all know.
    02-04-08 10:21 PM
    acruz70 sent me the link in PM. So here's the link for the BB Media Player that he says will enable A2DP on BlackBerry Pearl 8100s.

Dollars 5 Complete multiPlay Personal edition for Blackberry 8800, 8300 and 8100

Don't have one to test it out on handy, but if you give it a try let us all know.
    I have an 8100, but I'm not going to bother trying it out. I doubt it works.

From their own website:

Dollars 5 Complete mediaPlayer for Blackberry 8800, 8300 and 8100

Keyboard navigation in playlist by file name alphabets (8800 and 8300 only - requires QWERTY keyboard) press the starting letter and you will be focussed on the item with that alphabetAdvanced speaker modes (requires 4.2.1 OS) - stream audio to phone speaker, handsfree speaker, headset, both (headset and handsfree) and bluetooth headset (no A2DP supported at present)
    02-04-08 10:36 PM
    I've had that player installed on my 8100 for several months. I never even tried to use it to play through my S9 until now. I'm still playing around with it, but I can tell you that the media player that came with the phone doesn't play music through the S9 and the multiplay player does. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to read the music off the media card instead of requiring me to transfer it to the limited internal memory, but the voice recording I tested it with played through both ears with the S9. So FWIW, what was posted is accurate as far as I have tested it. It may not be stereo necessarily (unable to confirm that just yet) but it does play in both ears through the bluetooth headset where the stock media player won't.

EDIT: I just created a playlist that pulls from the memory card and I can verify that it plays the music in both ears. Sounds like stereo to me. I don't know what is up with them saying it dosen't work, but download the program and see for yourself. Seems like a better fix than waiting for some OS to come out and allow the ability.
    Last edited by OCDetails; 02-22-08 at 06:31 PM. Reason: gave additional information
    02-22-08 06:25 PM
    ...meh. The audio quailtiy is absolute **** using this method. If you want to listen to your 8100 with stereo bluetooth then I would wait for something better than this. I'll stick with my other portable media players that are designed to play music well. The Pearl is a great phone and a great organizer, but it is not a great bluetooth media player at this point. Anyone getting one for that purpose needs to reevaluate their decision in phones.
    02-22-08 07:59 PM
    I was wondering how to download the media player to the phone; Do you have to do it from your blackberry? I have the S9's but they won't play with my pearl 8100; I am desperately looking for a way to use them w/my phone because they are the perfect headphones for when I am doing basketball drills... Any tips anyone?

Oh, BTW, this site is rockin; The communication is awesome!!!!
    Last edited by jjr26286; 02-27-08 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Adding more thought..
    02-27-08 10:57 AM
    Well this is interesting. I have the S9 and I'm using the media player that came with the phone and it works great...dare I say fantastic! Is the media player on the 8100 different from the 8130?
    02-27-08 09:07 PM
    I believe that any edition of the Blackberry over 8100 has A2DP, which allows you to listen to bluetooth stereo. However, I just happened to find that out AFTER I bought my 8100 pearl. I downloaded the multiplayer OC was talking about, but I can only get stereo through the left ear. This is extremely irritating. I am scared I will be deaf in one ear, hahaha!!! Is there ANYWAY, I can listen with my s9's through both ears?? When is is 4.3.1 supposed to be coming out???

Oh, and for those that download the free multiplay, you can only listen to one playlist at a time. You are able to pull from your memory card, and for me, it's a pretty okay player, but It doesn't play songs ripped from a CD, or WMA formatted songs. I hope this helps anyone..
    03-06-08 05:18 PM
    Ok I want A2DP for my 8800. Can any experts assist me in my Quest For The Holy Grail. Because thats what its been like a quest in search for that which seems not to exsist. A2DP for bb 8800 thats it thats all.
    03-15-08 11:55 AM
    Ok I want A2DP for my 8800. Can any experts assist me in my Quest For The Holy Grail. Because thats what its been like a quest in search for that which seems not to exsist. A2DP for bb 8800 thats it thats all.
    I have tried A2DP and would not recommend it at all. Sound quality is terrible.
    03-15-08 12:00 PM
    I just want to use my new bluetooth stereo headphones with my new bb 8800 are there any tips for a blackberry brotha.
    03-15-08 10:51 PM
    thanx garz
    03-15-08 10:54 PM
    I just tried the dollars5 media player with my moto H700 and it works. Cool. The media player itself has some bugs and limitations, but at least now I can listen to podcasts wirelessly.

The H700 is definitely not stereo, and according to the documentation does not support A2DP, so I suspect what's going on here is simply that the dollars5 player fixes a bug in the builtin player that prevented the headset profile from working.
    04-11-08 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD