twice now in the last two weeks...my 8220 deletes past appointments...most of them.
    Keep appointments is set to forever...I changed this last week from the 60day setting when the problem was discovered.

bb 8220, v4.6.0.151 (platform 4.1.0.52)
    ms office xp (2003 i think)

So this time(this morning) it deleted most of the appointments(regular and reoccurring) from 1week+1day (June 17th) back to may 31st...then deleting only the appointments during the day and leaving the reoccurring early morning appointments( i have a daily reoccurring 6am task list appointment). Fortunately this time I caught it before I syncd with my Outlook...last week I syncd with outlook and discovered my deleted items in the deleted folder.

I've also noticed a few times recently at home when on UMA, it will drop a call and I notice it switching back and forth...uma, edge

I recently updated fb, don't run a lot of apps at the same time, have a 16 gig mem card, mem shows 28.3 meg application free space.
    I use google maps, email, text, calendar and facebook throughout the day.

i did a battery pull last night.
    I installed pinstack app last night.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by treyk1; 06-25-09 at 11:47 AM. Reason: more info
    06-25-09 11:46 AM
    Yeah, I can't wait to hear the explanation for this one. I've seen a thread somewhere on Blackberry forum that RIM recognizes this as an issue but there isn't a solution. What a joke? Does anyone here pay for the support service to call an end to this ridiculousness?
    06-26-09 08:23 PM
    That's a long-standing problem. I don't know if RIM recognizes it as a bug or not, but it's not new. Unfortunately it is also not consistent. I assumed it was due to my BES, until I read a post from a guy on BES with years of past appointments. I assumed it was related to Outlook, until I read a post from a user who didn't use Outlook, and had the same problem. My non-recurring appointments are deleted when they are 13 months old. I have appointments set to keep forever. I don't have a solution for the problem.
    06-26-09 09:42 PM
    So I lost some more information this morning sometime. Let me back up a little.
    I set the "keep appointments" to 60 days...but the bb deleted all of the daily stuff from last week of may on back. So it appears that it wants to save a month or so.
    Today I lost ALL appointments from June 7 to May 31, and then only the daily appointments. (items during the day... my 6am reoccurring task list as well as my 1am reoccurring bill reminders are still there).
    mem shows 31+mb avail.
    So I read Viigo almost every morning (note=all unread items=353). after updating it appears to only knock the mem avail down to 30+mb...I also used Google maps a couple of times yesterday.

This is really a drag. I sincerely appreciate the input and will continue to work with this. A fellow on Pinstack made the suggestion to (habitually) delete call logs, emails, etc which I'm also persistent about and will continue.

I have really come to be somewhat dependent on the bb for the ability to do my documentation throughout the day. this could be a real deal killer and causes me to wonder what other handhelds are available for this. Although I haven't tried it...I get the feeling calling RIM would be a waste of time, or call Doc2Go...or call MS...?

EDIT...to reiterate what Jeff says...it's (probably)not an Outlook problem...I find the appointments deleted within bb before syncing.

EDIT...changed fellow on CB to Pinstack
    Last edited by treyk1; 06-30-09 at 02:17 PM. Reason: correction
    06-30-09 02:13 PM
    An update for anyone watching.
    So, no luck in any of the forums. I'm still occasionally loosing calendar entries...same deal...30mb available

Spoke with a helpful T-mobile rep. They(as most everyone else but RIM until now)are aware of the problem. T-mobile released an updated OS download available on their website. The rep. states encouragement to use the tmobile site for this specific OS download (i'm on tmobile...may be different for your other carrier). needs to be downloaded to pc and installed through DM. "8220, i think, is on ly 64mb...basically you can have 30mb available...only certain amt of mem. allocated for the calendar...not the whole memory...it's not dynamic." new os download includes a workaround for this issue.

I'll keep you posted...just downloaded to 120mb file.
    Last edited by treyk1; 07-10-09 at 12:58 PM. Reason: more info
    07-10-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD