I just bought a BB8120 and have not purchased internet service through t-mobile currently. When I try to connect to my home Netgear FWG114P router, I get the following message. W010 Wi-Fi Connection Failed. I do have my system set up for MAC addresses as I have a lot of computer geeks with WEP scanners in the area. I've programmed the router to accept the MAC address, but I haven't figured out what the username is for the crackberry or how to give it one (I've tried the PIN, IMEI,model number and the name "Blackberry") with no luck. I'm not really sure how to proceed from this point. T-mobile is not any help (although their customer service really, really tries). . Please help!
    06-01-08 02:01 PM
    Make sure you have SSID broadcast enabled. Sometimes this makes a difference.
    06-01-08 02:11 PM
    I do, it shows up as an available network "NETGEAR", but I get the W010 failure error. when I try to connect.
    06-01-08 02:21 PM
    06-01-08 05:18 PM
    Thank you. It's still not working though. I think I will need to switch to some other security as, apparently, the BB won't work using the MAC address even though it has one. I'm going to spend more time on hold with them and will likely have to wait for one of their "ubergeeks" that are farther up in the CC chain. If there's a good solution, I'll be sure to share it here as I can't be the only one who still has their router set up like this.
    06-02-08 01:36 PM
    If you read that thread, one of the troubleshooting steps was to reset your router to factory defaults to see if the BB will connect after that.
    06-02-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD