So after finally finding a Verizon store that had a 9930 I really am interested. My worries are though that there won't be much support for BB7 as they migrate towards their new platform. So is BB7 dead in the water in that aspect much asWindows 6.5 knowing when you bought the phone 7 was coming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-11 07:30 PM
    I would have to say no. Something is always coming. BB 10, iPhone 5, Galaxy III, etc..

Technology moves at a quick pace, but look around. Not everyone is sporting the latest and greatest phone. There are thousands of 8520, 9000, 9800, etc out there. You can spend all your time 'what if-ing' or you can choose a device when your contract is up, when it costs almost nothing to upgrade, or even if you just think it's time for a change.

As a few know, older devices are never discarded and forgotten. RIM will continue to support future improvements in older devices just as they continue to march ahead with new models.

Lastly? How can it be dead when I am using it everyday?
    12-07-11 08:53 PM
    Windows 6.5 died cause nobody had it and it ran super slow.
    Even if BB10 is a complete success in the U.S. In other countries they will still be running OS7 handsets and Blackberry will still show strong support and will always have updates for the OS.
    12-07-11 08:55 PM
    Well, 7.1 is coming so... We also know they will keep BBOS device for a while even when QNX phones are here. I think the BBOS will be around a couple more years.
    12-07-11 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD