Hey Everyone,

This is just an idea I had and why BB was actually smart and made a conscious decision with carriers to with-hold releasing the BB10 devices in the USA until March.

March falls in line with what is expected to be the BB10 update to the PlayBook, and with that will come loads of people upgrading. BB10 will have a following around the world with reviews and people who TRULY want a BB device in the US will wait 2 months for it. Heins has stated numerous times that the new BB10 devices will be for hyper-connected people, and they have their target market figured out, and they clearly understand their market. So Back to the perfectly timed release within the US.

BB10 will be released as an update for all PlayBooks around the time the Z10 will launch in the USA. This will allow BB to host another event (not as large of course) and with this event announce all the carriers in the USA who will carry the Z10 available that day, and during this event announce that the BB10 PlayBook upgrade is available the same day as well. This will cause more hype among the entire BB-users in the USA and also the world.

Also to add to this, without the PB having BB10, a lot of things we were hoping for wouldn't make much sense and would get ripped into as being half-baked. Programs and features most specifically the BB Cloud. This feature wouldn't make sense if you only had your BB10 Smartphone and no other BB10 device. Now comes the BB10 PB update!! With the announcement of the PB update and release of the Z10 in the USA, BB can announce the new connectivity features that are being worked on currently.

So in March (this is all my opinion) but I believe that BB will announce the PB Update along side the Z10 release in the US. With both will come much more integration between the tablet and phone that can not be accomplished now. Since the PB update isn't available carriers and BB decided to hold off on the release of the phones in the USA so when both are released carriers can push the LTE PlayBook with the LTE SmartPhones as a huge US marketing campaign.
    01-31-13 12:50 PM
    Some very good points, IMO, however I do not believe it was BlackBerry's decision to withold the release in the US until March. The release dates are based on Carrier testing, so unless BB witheld the evaluation units from the US Service Providers such that a March Release was the only option, it's really the Carrier's fault.

Otherwise, some interesting theories and some good information!

Cheers
    01-31-13 03:51 PM
    All carriers are relasasing in BB10 on the 5th. They just coincidentally had testing done on the same date?

Same for hte UK

Same for France

Same for United Arab Emerites?

Or is it more lijkely that the issue is that not enough pieces of hardware were manufactured?
    01-31-13 04:08 PM
    Do we really need ANOTHER THREAD about this? There's a reason why there is a search function and it so there aren't dozens of threads in the forums on the SAME TOPIC.
    donmateo likes this.
    01-31-13 04:21 PM
    Do we really need ANOTHER THREAD about this? There's a reason why there is a search function and it so there aren't dozens of threads in the forums on the SAME TOPIC.
    Sorry but this thread was created to share my opinion and get peoples idea of what they think of my opinion...not to ask whether its the carriers fault or BB's fault...it a mainly just an opinion piece to make people think and chat about possibilities
    01-31-13 09:12 PM
    mphillips828 you make some good points, right or wrong. At least this thread makes a lot more sense accompanied by plausible arguments for its March intro in the U.S.
    01-31-13 09:47 PM
    Hey Everyone,

This is just an idea I had and why BB was actually smart and made a conscious decision with carriers to with-hold releasing the BB10 devices in the USA until March.

March falls in line with what is expected to be the BB10 update to the PlayBook, and with that will come loads of people upgrading. BB10 will have a following around the world with reviews and people who TRULY want a BB device in the US will wait 2 months for it. Heins has stated numerous times that the new BB10 devices will be for hyper-connected people, and they have their target market figured out, and they clearly understand their market. So Back to the perfectly timed release within the US.

BB10 will be released as an update for all PlayBooks around the time the Z10 will launch in the USA. This will allow BB to host another event (not as large of course) and with this event announce all the carriers in the USA who will carry the Z10 available that day, and during this event announce that the BB10 PlayBook upgrade is available the same day as well. This will cause more hype among the entire BB-users in the USA and also the world.

Also to add to this, without the PB having BB10, a lot of things we were hoping for wouldn't make much sense and would get ripped into as being half-baked. Programs and features most specifically the BB Cloud. This feature wouldn't make sense if you only had your BB10 Smartphone and no other BB10 device. Now comes the BB10 PB update!! With the announcement of the PB update and release of the Z10 in the USA, BB can announce the new connectivity features that are being worked on currently.

So in March (this is all my opinion) but I believe that BB will announce the PB Update along side the Z10 release in the US. With both will come much more integration between the tablet and phone that can not be accomplished now. Since the PB update isn't available carriers and BB decided to hold off on the release of the phones in the USA so when both are released carriers can push the LTE PlayBook with the LTE SmartPhones as a huge US marketing campaign.
    As stated right or wrong, your points regarding the delay are interesting. After two years, BlackBerry should answer a question about the US market and taking back some of what was lost to the iPhone and Android.....just how bad do you want it? Guess, we'll see what happens between now and the U.S. release in March(ish). Time will tell.
    02-07-13 01:29 PM
    Yeah. It's a smart move I think now that I'm over the disappointment. But in the long run its better off this way
    02-07-13 08:34 PM
    Yeah. It's a smart move I think now that I'm over the disappointment. But in the long run its better off this way
    Hopefully, a few OS upgrades later, most issues will be resolved. I'm not looking for or expecting perfection(but, it would be....), just a new BlackBerry. But, I'm seriously thinking about changing the housing on this bad boy, and rock it awhile longer past mid-March(ish).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on Mecca's latest Hybrid
    02-09-13 05:16 PM
    Hopefully, a few OS upgrades later, most issues will be resolved. I'm not looking for or expecting perfection(but, it would be....), just a new BlackBerry. But, I'm seriously thinking about changing the housing on this bad boy, and rock it awhile longer past mid-March(ish).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on Mecca's latest Hybrid
    Best. Sig. Ever!
    02-09-13 05:22 PM
    More than we need the post police
    02-09-13 06:00 PM
    Doesn't the crew at BB need to get the Q10 finished (i.e. help developers reconfig their programs) and fix any outstanding bugs with the Z10... and maybe take a break first? They must have been going full bore for the Z10 release. I'd rather they ease off a bit so they don't burn out... I have two PlayBooks that I'd like upgraded to BB10, but I'm not expecting a March upgrade. I hope March brings Z10 updates and progress info on the Q10...
    02-09-13 06:38 PM