possibilities like?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-19-12 05:26 PM
    Possibilities like Answering a Call through Video Screen while on the Go through your QNX Navigation System. Bluetooth synced through as well.

That's what I think.
    09-19-12 05:40 PM
    I could see how this would be handy if someone didn't have their own smartphone handy for sure. Otherwise it seems it would be more tedious to initiate a video call, share the screen, bring up maps, and bring up the directions to the destination than to say, text the destination name or address and that person brings it up on their own map app. Or am I totally not understanding what you mean?
    Let's say you're already driving and you want to meet up.

I'm at a coffee shop.

You don't have time to fiddle your phone to pull up BB Maps or Google Maps since you're already driving.

You just call me, let me know you need directions since you're driving, and presto! I initiate a screen share.

Now you don't have to take down the address or try to google the location yourself. I just pull it up, do the "leg work" for you, and you view it on your phone screen.

Remote access would be even sweeter.

Wouldn't the other person (the 'sharee') need to have a BB10 phone too? If so, why can't you just send them the address and they pull it up for themselves?
    Yes you could just send the address and they pull it up themselves, but what if they're already driving and don't have free hands? Or what if there's laws that prohibit using your cell phone while driving *cough* Cali *cough*

Or what if you could initiate a screen share, show them the map, and then be on the phone with them at the same time so you could help navigate them (directions aren't always the easiest to follow for some people.)

There's plenty of possibilities I could personally use screen sharing for.
    Last edited by jranciano; 09-19-12 at 06:29 PM.
    09-19-12 06:24 PM

I'm at a coffee shop.

You don't have time to fiddle your phone to pull up BB Maps or Google Maps since you're already driving.

You just call me, let me know you need directions since you're driving, and presto! I initiate a screen share.

Now you don't have to take down the address or try to google the location yourself. I just pull it up, do the "leg work" for you, and you view it on your phone screen.

I think for this feature to work, it would obviously be a good idea to have the 'sharee' accept an incoming share. But then, would you have to keep running this app in the background so that you don't have to launch it while driving? And if so, wouldn't that just kill your battery--an app sniffing for incoming shares?
    09-19-12 06:36 PM
    I think for this feature to work, it would obviously be a good idea to have the 'sharee' accept an incoming share.
    Of course, just like you would have to accept an incoming call...

But then, would you have to keep running this app in the background so that you don't have to launch it while driving? And if so, wouldn't that just kill your battery--an app sniffing for incoming shares?

The way I'm envisioning this, screen share isn't a separate app. It's just a feature of a video call or voice call.

So if you're already on the phone with someone, you don't have to exit out the call, or keep another app running in the background. You would just press a button on the screen while on the call to initiate screen sharing.
    raino and BrizzadMan like this.
    09-19-12 06:53 PM
    I think it has a great use in enterprise..hooking the phone up to an HDTV and doing a video call and screen sharing your presentation...tlking to a friend show them a website, text, an app, how to fix something... many great uses
    09-19-12 07:11 PM
    Release the phone already!! lol. I am beyond anxious for this phone

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    The way I'm envisioning this, screen share isn't a separate app. It's just a feature of a video call or voice call.

So if you're already on the phone with someone, you don't have to exit out the call, or keep another app running in the background. You would just press a button on the screen while on the call to initiate screen sharing.
    I like this then. If you're already on a call, then you don't have to worry about looking for the app, and hopefully it's as simple as "XYZ wants to share their screen. Accept or Deny." Anything that requires more than one step might become too distracting for us drivers in hands-free states *cough* Cali *cough*
    JR A likes this.
    I'm pretty sure it's a feature of Skype for computers, but I don't know about the phone version. I rarely use mine.
    Yea Skype has this feature, i use it all the time and love it...I have to deal with alot of graphic designers and so rather than them render artwork, send it to me, i look for changes, call them back to talk about etc I just skype them and virtually 'sit beside them' as they work. Having this feature literally on the go would be amazing!

Although, as fun as it would be doing this purely phone to phone, barr pic sharing (which you could just send to someone) and the directions example, it does seem quite limited in scope (unless im just not seeing the full picture)...could this be an indication that they've collaborated with skype or an equivilant in some way? From a work pov, if there was a desktop app that tied into the service that the bb10 could connect to, so you could share a screen from a computer to the phone (aswell as simply phone to phone) the possibilities of a function like this could suddenly be so much bigger
    09-19-12 08:07 PM
    Yea Skype has this feature, i use it all the time and love it...I have to deal with alot of graphic designers and so rather than them render artwork, send it to me, i look for changes, call them back to talk about etc I just skype them and virtually 'sit beside them' as they work. Having this feature literally on the go would be amazing!

Although, as fun as it would be doing this purely phone to phone, barr pic sharing (which you could just send to someone) and the directions example, it does seem quite limited in scope (unless im just not seeing the full picture)...could this be an indication that they've collaborated with skype or an equivilant in some way? From a work pov, if there was a desktop app that tied into the service that the bb10 could connect to, so you could share a screen from a computer to the phone (aswell as simply phone to phone) the possibilities of a function like this could suddenly be so much bigger

There is other software that allow to do this, in fact, Skype wasn't even the first (or anywhere near first) to introducing this technology.

The difference though, is that no one provides this on a MOBILE phone. Computers, yes, for quite some time now, but not on a smartphone.
    09-19-12 08:11 PM
    I like this then. If you're already on a call, then you don't have to worry about looking for the app, and hopefully it's as simple as "XYZ wants to share their screen. Accept or Deny." Anything that requires more than one step might become too distracting for us drivers in hands-free states *cough* Cali *cough*

Hopefully the way we're conjuring it up is the way it gets delivered to market, or at least better.
    09-19-12 08:13 PM
    There is other software that allow to do this, in fact, Skype wasn't even the first (or anywhere near first) to introducing this technology.

The difference though, is that no one provides this on a MOBILE phone. Computers, yes, for quite some time now, but not on a smartphone.
    I agree...my point being though, computer to mobile and vice versa would be the ultimate, do you think it could be a possibility of the bb10 application?

I can't help feeling phone to phone is kinda limited in the things you would want to screen share...
    JR A likes this.
    09-19-12 08:18 PM
    I agree...my point being though, computer to mobile and vice versa would be the ultimate, do you think it could be a possibility of the bb10 application?

I can't help feeling phone to phone is kinda limited in the things you would want to screen share...
    Mobile to Desktop/Laptop and vice versa would definitely be the ultimate.

And if you ask me, yes, I think QNX/BB 10 is more than capable of doing this.

But what the heck do I know...
    09-19-12 08:32 PM
    Mobile to Desktop/Laptop and vice versa would definitely be the ultimate.

And if you ask me, yes, I think QNX/BB 10 is more than capable of doing this.

But what the heck do I know...
    haha, obviously I'm opening the floor to the generic 'you'...but your answer worked for me!
    JR A likes this.
    09-19-12 08:36 PM

I'm at a coffee shop.

Yes you could just send the address and they pull it up themselves, but what if they're already driving and don't have free hands? Or what if there's laws that prohibit using your cell phone while driving *cough* Cali *cough*

Or what if you could initiate a screen share, show them the map, and then be on the phone with them at the same time so you could help navigate them (directions aren't always the easiest to follow for some people.)

There's plenty of possibilities I could personally use screen sharing for.
    Sorry, your map idea still sounds like trouble unless I'm still not understanding. Old dogs/new tricks and such lol. On my phone all someone needs to do is text me the address, I click on the link, it launches maps, and I click navigation and boom I have voice guided gps navigation guiding me to the destination.

When I think of screen sharing, I think of collaboration like paging through a power point together or doing a demo of an app for the other party. I conduct webinars and whenever the parties share screens this is typically what they use it for.

ETA: And remote access would DEFINITELY be a horrible idea. That just seems ripe for hacking.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 09-19-12 at 11:07 PM.
    09-19-12 10:47 PM
    hi guys, do you think this team view feature besides pictures, will it be able to share videos?.. like watching movie/youtube clip with the other person at the same time...dunno if possible but it would be nice
    09-20-12 04:29 AM
    Guys, don't get nut with team view, it won't work, not even interests anybody cause... It is not "so simple, revolutionary, visionary, truly extraordinary so...adjective" *Removing the white background and restarting to blink my eyes* Seriously, Nice announced features. Hope there is a lot like that !

NB : Iphone users... No offense, really. I love all Apple releases of products mostly cause it comes with a bunch of Funny commercials (reals or fakes) and parody, but this year... It *wow*s me !!!
    JR A likes this.
    09-20-12 05:37 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD