Did anyone read the front article?

It had me at "team view". I've been longing for years to be able to not only video chat with someone, but have the feature of viewing their phone screen. I can't tell you how many times this would've made things a lot easier for me (instead of snapping a ton of screen shots or someone trying to rehash what they're looking at).

Anyone else excited about this?

This is a big plus for RIM in my opinion - to be able to offer a native, out of the box feature like this. Makes me think what else does RIM have up their sleeve...
    shemaree09 likes this.
    09-19-12 12:58 PM
    No one listens. I've mentioned this numerous times about the video screen sharing, lol.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post7603475
    https://twitter.com/Bla1ze/status/240595030841122816

Plus, was no one paying attention to this?

http://crackberry.com/hot-leaked-scr...-blackberry-10
    JR A, Odiamond, hpjrt and 2 others like this.
    09-19-12 01:03 PM
    Didn't read the front article, but such a feature would be greatly appreciated, especially for the playbook. The waiting is the hardest.....
    anon(3896606) and JR A like this.
    09-19-12 01:05 PM
    No one listens. I've mentioned this numerous times about the video screen sharing, lol.

Hot: Leaked Screen Caps Point to Screen Sharing on BlackBerry 10! | CrackBerry.com
    LOL I remember reading that article, but that was back in May, when BB10 was even more distant than now.

It's just more "real" now, especially with a device tear down to go along with it.

Your work is always appreciated good sir.
    kbz1960, anon(3896606) and Bla1ze like this.
    09-19-12 01:08 PM
    LOL I remember reading that article, but that was back in May, when BB10 was even more distant than now.

It's just more "real" now, especially with a device tear down to go along with it.

Your work is always appreciated good sir.
    Ya, was a while ago. There is a lot that hasn't fully come to light yet.. new apps, new features and things people have been asking for for quite some time.
    09-19-12 01:10 PM
    Do any of the competitors do this?
    09-19-12 01:13 PM
    Do any of the competitors do this?
    Nope.

Well, I've never seen it done, and I see a lot of high end phones on the daily.

If it's *possible*, it's probably a 3rd party app, and probably won't work as smooth as a native function like RIM can provide.
    09-19-12 01:20 PM
    I think this will definitely be a handy feature. I probably won't use it much, myself, but I know how important screen sharing via computer can be during video calls so the option of doing it during phone video call will be utilized I'm sure!
    09-19-12 01:30 PM
    Ya, was a while ago. There is a lot that hasn't fully come to light yet.. new apps, new features and things people have been asking for for quite some time.
    You must be dying to spill the beans but obviously u cant
    09-19-12 01:34 PM
    Yes! Im really getting excited for BB10 now. I still wish there were some actual QWERTY leaks
    JR A likes this.
    09-19-12 01:47 PM
    I think this will definitely be a handy feature. I probably won't use it much, myself, but I know how important screen sharing via computer can be during video calls so the option of doing it during phone video call will be utilized I'm sure!
    One thing it could be used for:

Directions

Instead of trying to say, text, or fiddle with a screen capture, just share the screen.

The biggest advantage to this is that it's real time, so if you need to make corrections to your destination or course, you don't have to keep taking another screen capture or re-send text messages.
    09-19-12 01:53 PM
    One thing it could be used for:

Directions

Instead of trying to say, text, or fiddle with a screen capture, just share the screen.

The biggest advantage to this is that it's real time, so if you need to make corrections to your destination or course, you don't have to keep taking another screen capture or re-send text messages.
    Like, directions on a map? Giving directions to someone via video chat?
    09-19-12 01:55 PM
    Like, directions on a map? Giving directions to someone via video chat?
    On a map

Pulling up google maps or bb maps and then just sharing the screen.
    09-19-12 01:56 PM
    On a map

I could see how this would be handy if someone didn't have their own smartphone handy for sure. Otherwise it seems it would be more tedious to initiate a video call, share the screen, bring up maps, and bring up the directions to the destination than to say, text the destination name or address and that person brings it up on their own map app. Or am I totally not understanding what you mean?
    09-19-12 02:01 PM
    I think that iPhone has had that feature for a while. Also there's an app called Tango, that does the same thing.
    09-19-12 02:06 PM
    I am guessing this would only work for other people with BB10? Is this a feature of Skype?
    09-19-12 02:26 PM
    I am guessing this would only work for other people with BB10? Is this a feature of Skype?
    I'm pretty sure it's a feature of Skype for computers, but I don't know about the phone version. I rarely use mine.
    09-19-12 02:39 PM
    I think that iPhone has had that feature for a while. Also there's an app called Tango, that does the same thing.
    No phone or app has that feature...
    09-19-12 02:41 PM
    It is one of the least publicized/discussed features of BB10 and thats what makes me love it even more lol
    09-19-12 03:23 PM
    On a map

Wouldn't the other person (the 'sharee') need to have a BB10 phone too? If so, why can't you just send them the address and they pull it up for themselves?
    09-19-12 03:43 PM

Hot: Leaked Screen Caps Point to Screen Sharing on BlackBerry 10! | CrackBerry.com
    Yeah, yeah, yeah .... but will BB10 have a front-facing camera?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    09-19-12 04:23 PM
    My iPhone 4S does NOT have this feature & I looked at the Tango App, it also doesn't do screen sharing.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-19-12 04:47 PM
    I could see how this would be handy if someone didn't have their own smartphone handy for sure. Otherwise it seems it would be more tedious to initiate a video call, share the screen, bring up maps, and bring up the directions to the destination than to say, text the destination name or address and that person brings it up on their own map app. Or am I totally not understanding what you mean?
    Wouldn't the other person (the 'sharee') need to have a BB10 phone too? If so, why can't you just send them the address and they pull it up for themselves?
    I may be misunderstanding, but I think he was saying that if you were in the car, the person you are chatting with could pull up your maps app for you, so that you don't have to touch your phone while driving.
    Odiamond likes this.
    09-19-12 04:51 PM
    I may be misunderstanding, but I think he was saying that if you were in the car, the person you are chatting with could pull up your maps app for you, so that you don't have to touch your phone while driving.
    It's a screen sharing function, not a remote access function. One person could share what's on their screen with someone else, not take control of someone's phone to open apps for them. The way I'm understanding his idea, two people are video chatting and someone pulls up a map on their own phone to show the other person where to go. I'm thinking at that point it would just be easier to bring the map up on your own phone and let the GPS be your guide.
    09-19-12 04:58 PM
    It's a screen sharing function, not a remote access function. One person could share what's on their screen with someone else, not take control of someone's phone to open apps for them. The way I'm understanding his idea, two people are video chatting and someone pulls up a map on their own phone to show the other person where to go. I'm thinking at that point it would just be easier to bring the map up on your own phone and let the GPS be your guide.
    Sharing photographs may be more so an application for this functionailty, than say, sharing a map/etc.

The magic of this extends beyond BB10 beyond a smartPHONE OS. Provided this functionality extends on BB10 to other platforms, e.g: PlayBook, a RIM "Laptop", and whatever else is to come (think BB10 inside a car). Maybe THEN - screen-sharing takes other possibilities...
    09-19-12 05:21 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD