RIM should get Paul Bettany (who voices Jarvis aka Iron Man's personal siri) to be the voice of Jarvis for a BB10 powered and secure "personal assistant"

Just saying...
    05-30-12 11:55 AM
    I agree.
    05-30-12 02:08 PM
    I'm wondering if AT&T's Watson could be part of BB10, since it is in the QNX concept car: Most Innovative Apps for a Networked Life | AT&T Networked Life

I might need to go to the auto show in Detroit this year: QNX Software Systems
    05-30-12 02:21 PM
    They need to do a BB10 commercial with Iron Man doing all his high tech stuff, and say "Powered by BB10" at the end.
    05-30-12 02:25 PM
    RIM should get Paul Bettany (who voices Jarvis aka Iron Man's personal siri) to be the voice of Jarvis for a BB10 powered and secure "personal assistant"

Just saying...
    I agree. After all, the Iron Man suit has to be run by QNX. No other mobile OS could handle it.
    James Nieves and z1nsane like this.
    05-30-12 02:36 PM
    My thoughts exactly!!

Watson seems interesting. Especially if they allow, and i believe they plan to, open up API's and hooks into Watson so 3rd partys can develop using watson. Maybe ATT&RIM have some early access agreement ($$$) and RIM has already developed a siri like app for BB10? That's be a nice surprise.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-30-12 02:46 PM
    Siri is a gimmick. I had it when I had a 4s and half the time it does not work. It is just another thing apple hyped up, that others have had a very similar thing for awhile.
    05-30-12 03:36 PM
    A Siri-like service for BlackBerry 10 will exclude the devices from organizations that value confidentiality. Stop chasing Apple and the fickle consumer. Focus on your core competencies and market. Screw the gimmicky stuff.
    05-30-12 03:44 PM
    This is a super old thread, but I think it deserves reviving.

John Chen: Where is our Jarvis!
    03-20-14 01:03 PM
    This is a super old thread, but I think it deserves reviving.

John Chen: Where is our Jarvis!
    Windows phone is getting cortana(halo AI) I believe jarvis needs to come to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:09 PM
    Totally agree his voice would be awesome for our voice control!!!

Posted via CB10 with my ? Z30
    03-20-14 01:16 PM
    Yesterday's gimmicks are today's standard features. Can't speak for Siri much since I rarely use iOS devices. But Google Now's voice interactions are creepy good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    03-20-14 01:16 PM
    I thought blackberry signed with a company to deliver a competitive offering. I'm driving so no time to search for it. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:21 PM
    Sorry they implement "wolfram". Apparently it is already active in the OS. Thought it would be more dramatic when they announced it

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:30 PM
    Sorry they implement "wolfram". Apparently it is already active in the OS. Thought it would be more dramatic when they announced it

Posted via CB10
    wolfram isn't voice recognition its text parsing to search query. Blackberry needs more help on the voice recognition end.
    03-20-14 02:07 PM
    This is the kind of cloud-based infrastructure that Blackberry isn't going to be able to be competitive in compared to the giants they are competing with. Why? Not only id Blackberry much smaller and shrinking but if Apple and Google sells 20X more devices then that means that it costs them 20X less per unit sold to develop and provide the feature.

There is no way you can compete on the cutting edge of technology with such an economies of scale problem. Sure, they can try to buy the technology but it still costs and it doesn't come in a box. Google processes queries as a part of its core business and Apple bought Siri and has been developing it for years.
    03-20-14 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD