I've been a BB fan since the 8520 and have had a 9900 since release but now I'm not sure what BB10 device to get come next year. I was hoping the Qwerty BB10 device would be more than just a bigger screen. I'm not sure what I expected but from the video on the homescreen I don't know wether to get the full or qwerty model now.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by Fammodjs; 09-27-12 at 05:21 PM.
    09-27-12 04:10 PM
    *i understand it will have the BB10 software + updated hardware..
    sleepngbear likes this.
    09-27-12 04:12 PM
    Myself, like so many other current BB users and lost users am completely done with the 1/2 screen. I bought the 9900 becuase of its sexy good looks, but I'm not falling for it anymore.

Even if the full screen London is made of cheap, flat, tasteless, dull, black plastic I will still go with it, because I can't handle another 2 years of squinting at videos, pictures and internet on a 1/2 screen.

The poor quality looks of the London really made me consider going to another brand... But the BB10 Flow brought me back.

I'll take mine in the full screen please.
    the_sleuth and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    09-27-12 04:27 PM
    Physical qwerty days are over for me as well, gonna have to get used to a touch screen don't know if it's gonna be BB10 or SG3.
    09-27-12 04:30 PM
    I'm not the biggest fan of the looks of the N series. Granted I moved to the touch screen blackberry 9860 when it came out. I will definitely be getting the London after playing with bb10 on the dev alpha I'm so sold.
    09-27-12 04:40 PM
    If the N series looks like the one in the video they have a winner on their hands. Beautiful design.

As for looking like the 9900, why do we always expect a 100% reboot with each new device? The Bold is a recipe that works, people actually like it and believe it or not there is still quite a market for a portrait QWERTY and this fills that need. Not everything has to be a revolutionary redesign. Sometimes you keep something around that works.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-27-12 at 05:02 PM.
    09-27-12 04:43 PM
    with the keyboad. If I needed a bigger screen.......well that's why i am getting a PLaybook.
    mark37724 and bigbmc26 like this.
    09-27-12 04:44 PM
    I don't like that the keys aren't in smiley face formation anymore.

I tried that straight line keyboard with the motorola admiral and wasn't a fan.

Probably going to the full touch unless they launch a sick slider.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    mark37724 and zensen like this.
    09-27-12 04:51 PM
    I have a playBook so I'm definitely looking forward to the N series devices for my qwerty needs. I'm gonna buy the L series though just because its coming out first. If the typing on it is addictive as some say, I might stay with that but I doubt it
    09-27-12 04:59 PM
    I think that the full touch screen is the next thing you should go with.
    09-27-12 05:05 PM
    I'm also thinking I will get the full touch model but also be looking at the Qwerty model when it's out. I love the 9900 keyboard so dreading leaving it for a bit as I've not really got on with full touch testing before. We'll just have to wait and see
    09-27-12 05:25 PM
    I'm "all in" for the BB10 Bold keyboard model. In fact I'm going to keep my 9930 as a backup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    LuVJuGGs likes this.
    09-27-12 05:45 PM
    If the N series looks like the one in the video they have a winner on their hands. Beautiful design.

As for looking like the 9900, why do we always expect a 100% reboot with each new device? The Bold is a recipe that works, people actually like it and believe it or not there is still quite a market for a portrait QWERTY and this fills that need. Not everything has to be a revolutionary redesign. Sometimes you keep something around that works.

Check my posts - I'm all BlackBerry - but while, yes, the Bold is a recipe that works, if this is the keyboard version, as far as "initial appearance" goes, it is not a move forward.

My Bold 9900, which I love, looks like the upgrade FROM the N series and not the other way around. I know that impression can change once it's in my hands, and I truly hope it does, but the L is definitely looking impressive . . .
    madman0141 likes this.
    09-27-12 05:52 PM
    Physical qwerty days are over for me as well, gonna have to get used to a touch screen don't know if it's gonna be BB10 or SG3.
    Yes, @AbuYazeedUK I think you speak for a lot of current BB users. I really do think BB dropped the ball and they really are brining BB10 out a bit too late.

The GS3 is so far ahead of BB right now it makes me want to puke. My wife has one as well as my coworker across the hall. They both have the same complaint tho, and that was it took a solid 2 to 4 weeks to get it dialed in and find the right apps to make work right.
    Don't get me wrong, it is an amazing phone.. But for a couple weeks my coworker was saying he wanted his Droid X back.. But then again once it was dialed in it can do amazing things. Not to mention the street cred that has too.. Try one of your friend's GS3 (everyone has that friend) and see what you think. Who knows you'll probably love it..

My hope is that BB10 can be easier to "dial in" and be more efficient and hopefully have a little more brand new OS wow factor to it... As it will still have "that new car smell to it".

The hard part is waiting for BB10 while all these new phones are already being introduced such as the GS3, i-phone 5, new Razor line, Lumia 920/820, HTC's new offerings, LG's new offerings... Man it is a long a$$ wait for BB10.. I am feeling weak!!!
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-27-12 06:03 PM
    I'm not sure what I expected but from the video on the homescreen I don't know wether to get the full or qwerty model now.

Anyone else having this problem?
    You're not alone. I'll go a step further to predict that the "N" model (or any physical keyboard model) will outsell the "L".
    madman0141 and notnomde like this.
    09-27-12 06:05 PM
    There's only so many ways you can put a physical QWERTY keyboard on a hand-held device. RIM has gotten that down pretty darn good, so much so that nobody else has been able to equal it. I'm not sure what people are expecting here. Companies have tried changing things just for the sake of changing and ignoring whether the change is actually an improvement or not -- and they've paid the price for it. My 9900 is the most comfortable phone to type on that I've ever owned, and that seems to be a common sentiment among 99** owners. I can't imagine what they could possible do to significantly improve on it. In fact, I was actually pleased to see that the N isn't too much of a departure from the Bold series, because it just works, and it should keep the QWERTY-lovers among us fat and happy.
    09-27-12 06:19 PM
    I'm going to "Be Bold" here and make a baseless claim that a lot of 99X0 owners care more for practicality and having a keyboard than aesthetics and fancy designs. Otherwise they'd get a full-touch device, even though they all look relatively similar. Am I wrong?
    09-27-12 06:27 PM
    The poor quality looks of the London really made me consider going to another brand... But the BB10 Flow brought me back.
    We haven't seen the official model yet, so it may actually look better than what those leaked images are showing.

...and I'm going with the L-series. The touch keyboard with all those awesome gestures were what sold me.
    09-27-12 06:31 PM
    Probably full touch for me since I am digging the 9850 so much.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 06:33 PM
    The Bold is Blackberry's flagship phone and they will have to go incremental on shifting to the BB10 not to deviate too far from the 9900.

Let's be honest, if this is used by executives and key personnel that are always on the go that depends on fast and accurate typing for decision making messaging, you don't want to be fumbling around with the touch screen. Like the iPhone (or anything that is familiar and appealing to people), you go with what's familiar first and measure what the tolerance is for change. Changing too much on the new BB10 physical QWERTY may turn off the requirements or comfort level of the existing customer base for the Bold line.

After it's been accepted (and also you survive) with the new OS and UI, then you can start consultations for different variations of a next iteration of the Bold line.

The reason I have a Bold 9790 now is that it fits nicely in one hand, I can type fast and accurately with it, and can stuff it comfortably in my pant pocket or dress shirt pocket. So depending on how the N-Series fares and my needs, I may stick with physical QWERTY.
    09-27-12 06:37 PM
    I'm liking the N series very much and look forward to pairing it with my playbook down the road. I'm in no hurry though. I'm still loving my 9900.
    09-27-12 06:39 PM
    Put me down for the QWERTY version! Open on Playbook when I need more real estate. Bring it RIM.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    09-27-12 06:40 PM
    bb10 + the best blackberry ever made! = AWESOME!!!!!
    09-27-12 06:41 PM
    Wait a second OP, how did you misspell QWERTY?
    Ben1232 likes this.
    09-27-12 06:44 PM

Yep, don't try & reinvent the wheel.

A CB member saw a RIM tweet or similar a while back saying that the silver line key dividers are now straight.

I don't mind that straight keyboard. If I don't get on with it I'll some how bridge my 9900 to that bad boy !
    09-27-12 06:47 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD