should I wait for bb10 or I should go for current blackberry series...
    I have playbook but I m not sure if it will get all the new features coming along bb10...
    09-04-12 07:17 AM
    they are supposed to get all the features but if you're looking to go on contract with BB10 maybe buy a used BB7 phone to hold you off untill BB10 is released
    09-04-12 07:23 AM
    BB10 will hopefully be out in a few months I'd probably wait.
    09-04-12 07:27 AM
    BB10 will hopefully be out in a few months I'd probably wait.
    BB10 won't be out until January sometime or possibly later. And no telling if Verizon will even launch it then. I guess we'll find out.

To the OP, as someone suggested earlier. Possibly go with a used BB7 device and then get BB10 on contract. I have a feeling that BB10 is going to be kinda expensive buying it outright.
    09-04-12 07:36 AM
    there is no contract based phone in my nation.....and I don't want a used bb either....currently using 8520 but I want to upgrade...is there any surety that playbook will be as gud as bb10 phone :/
    09-04-12 08:42 AM
    there is no contract based phone in my nation.....and I don't want a used bb either....currently using 8520 but I want to upgrade...is there any surety that playbook will be as gud as bb10 phone :/
    The Playbook won't be a phone, that's for sure.
    09-04-12 08:46 AM
    thnx for telling that
    but would it bheave like one if connected to bb
    09-04-12 08:49 AM
    no its a tablet it has no wireless network to it, and the 4G LTE only has a data antenna.

unless youre asking about its features and then it'll be more liek a BB10 phone minus the phone capabilities
    09-04-12 08:57 AM
    thnx for telling that
    but would it bheave like one if connected to bb
    It would likely behave similar to how the Playbook behaves now when connected to a BB, with the likely addition of SMS message capabilities when tethered.

Performance wise, the Playbook will probably run BB10 well enough. Feature wise, I would assume that it will have all features that the hardware supports. I would expect the UI to be a bit different since the PB has a larger screen and lower resolution than the BB10 phones.
    stberry likes this.
    09-04-12 09:07 AM
    There's no way I'd get myself into a contract with a BB7 device right now. No way. I couldn't imagine 2 years (3 in Canada) with a device that likely won't have any good developer support. I've suffered enough with OS6 on my Torch 9800...!
    09-04-12 09:13 AM
    This is a hard one as you would have to wait for BB10 and OS7.1 is ok, but not what it should or could be.

From a money standpoint I would say wait for the BB10, if they can get it out the door on time.

If money is not an issue go with an OS7 phone for now. See how RIM does with BB10 and its release date(s). RIM does not have a good record in release dates etc..

I hope that RIM support BB10 better than they are supporting OS7 right now.

Tim
    09-04-12 11:29 AM
    There's no way I'd get myself into a contract with a BB7 device right now. No way. I couldn't imagine 2 years (3 in Canada) with a device that likely won't have any good developer support. I've suffered enough with OS6 on my Torch 9800...!
    He could just purchase a used BB7 phone and not touch the contract.
    They are fairly cheap used.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-04-12 at 12:09 PM.
    09-04-12 11:30 AM
    He could just purchase a used BB7 phone and not touch the contract.
    They are fairly cheap used.

Tim
    The OP does not have an option for a subsidized phone and is not interested in a used device.

09-04-12 12:47 PM
    Actually, I can't wait for BB10 just because the prices people will be selling BB7 phones for should drop quite well enough into the realm where I can afford to get one. Not all of us are going to be sporting a BB10 when they come out ^_^

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD