Im looking at used bb10 as well. Somewhere between 200-300 USD. I get beat to it sometimes
    01-03-14 08:45 PM
    You do realize version numbering can increment above 9 on the righthand-side of the version designation, right?

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    yes, everyone knows that. but it would just look downright silly to keep going right just for the sake of staying within the "10.x.x.x.x.x.x" version. I don't think the BBX -> BB10 thought process was a logical one.
    01-03-14 10:11 PM
    I think they should call it "toasted bagel sandwich with BlackBerry jelly" :P

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    LOL!
    01-03-14 11:03 PM
    Yeah, but I also like the BB10 name, but QNX is nice!
    I think the best name that they came up with was BBX! Unfortunately, a software company called Basis won a trademark case and prevented BB from using it out of fear of marketplace confusion...you know...in case anyone on earth ever hear of Basis or their product called BBx...right...

BBX was perfect because the OS is based on QNX. Plus, the X represents 10 very well. Would have been magical and would have saved the company! (joking, of course)
    extisis likes this.
    01-03-14 11:11 PM
    I am going to have to go ahead and parrot some of the others that have already pointed out the easy/not-so-easy answer:
    BB10 needs to be rebranded-bb_qnx_logo_web_14may13.gif Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb_qnx_logo_web_14may13.gif 
Views:	1271 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	235808 Click image for larger version. 

ID:	235808
    Click image for larger version. 

QNXphone OS, featuring BlackBerry Hub, and BlackBerrydroid Play World!

Seriously though... BlackBerry has fallen to "punchline" level, as far as mobile OS's go. I use it every day and really do enjoy it, but the perception is insane. Even with all the problems webOS had, people still recognized it for its originality. QNX is such a pro, business sounding name, it's almost too good. It's BlackBerry before things went sour. They need to find a way to use this in the consumer space.
    01-03-14 11:54 PM
    I am going to have to go ahead and parrot some of the others that have already pointed out the easy/not-so-easy answer:

QNXphone OS, featuring BlackBerry Hub, and BlackBerrydroid Play World!

Seriously though... BlackBerry has fallen to "punchline" level, as far as mobile OS's go. I use it every day and really do enjoy it, but the perception is insane. Even with all the problems webOS had, people still recognized it for its originality. QNX is such a pro, business sounding name, it's almost too good. It's BlackBerry before things went sour. They need to find a way to use this in the consumer space.
    i do like it... everyone should just start using it and saying it daily. maybe it'll change by popular demand?
    01-04-14 12:01 AM
    i do like it... everyone should just start using it and saying it daily. maybe it'll change by popular demand?
    BB10 is Based on QNX. But BB10 is not = QNX and QNX is not = BB10.
    I believe unifying their names would harm more than heal. For example, in the automotive industry, QNX is free to partner with apple and Samsung or their divisions. A unified naming would make this more complicated.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:39 AM
    I think the best name that they came up with was BBX! Unfortunately, a software company called Basis won a trademark case and prevented BB from using it out of fear of marketplace confusion...you know...in case anyone on earth ever hear of Basis or their product called BBx...right...

BBX was perfect because the OS is based on QNX. Plus, the X represents 10 very well. Would have been magical and would have saved the company! (joking, of course)
    I think you guys are seriously overestimating the impact an "X" would have had over a "10". The average person in 2014 still
    associates BB with ancient QWERTY phones with a slow, laggy browser. Calling it BBX would have been meaningless for people outside of CB, because they don't know that the previous OS versions were BB6 and BB7.
    01-04-14 06:23 AM
    Just call it the revolution or some similar name after all the bugs are out and not a second before then. Then release a phone that is on the porsche design level of pricing that has top specs in everything and an extremely large battery that lets it last multiple days. Seriously, the reviews will be: blows your socks off, but is bulky. Then refine to be less bulky with the normal level devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:50 AM
    My initial response to the OP was agreement, but I thought about it for a few days and I am back now with a post that says no. I tried to think of other companies with similar problems to BlackBerry. Companies considered "iconic" and out of touch and immediately Ford came to mind.

When Allen Mulally got the brand it was considered a poor product out of touch with the market place. Their recent releases were pretty much rejected by the marketplace as a poor product.

Mulally, an engineer himself, changed the culture at the automaker first, gave them new and exciting products centered on the iconic names like Mustang and Taurus -the old names the company had neglected, changed the marketing and let the world know that this was a new company centered on state of the art engineering. He recapitalized the company. He brought in new services, some worked, some didn't but the preception of Ford as a company changed because of it. He changed much of the internal structure that stifled innovation in the infrastructure. Many of the same steps Chen has taken in his brief tenure as CEO.

Today Ford is about to offer it's "one platform" cars to the world and Fords sales are growing steadily. They didn't have to rebrand anything, just improve the way the company performed, and convince it's customers of the fact.

I believe that BlackBerry can do the same and convince the world they are not the same old company in the same way that Ford was able to do so.
    cbvinh likes this.
    01-04-14 10:42 AM
    Today Ford is about to offer it's "one platform" cars to the world and Fords sales are growing steadily. They didn't have to rebrand anything, just improve the way the company performed, and convince it's customers of the fact.

I believe that BlackBerry can do the same and convince the world they are not the same old company in the same way that Ford was able to do so.
    The thing is that Ford does tons and tons of advertising, and ads that say they changed, listened to customers etc. They didn't just change and not tell anyone about it. It isn't only word of mouth campaign like BlackBerry attempted. BlackBerry has to tell people they have changed. They have to show people in ads that they have changed. They have to run many ads to drive it into people's skulls. You know how many Samsung ads I see during NFL games on a Sunday? And they are near the top of the food chain and know they have to advertise. So yes they can keep the name BlackBerry and turn it around, but it will still require a significant investment in advertising to accomplish this.

Posted via CB10
    randall2580 likes this.
    01-04-14 11:36 AM
    I think you guys are seriously overestimating the impact an "X" would have had over a "10". The average person in 2014 still
    associates BB with ancient QWERTY phones with a slow, laggy browser. Calling it BBX would have been meaningless for people outside of CB, because they don't know that the previous OS versions were BB6 and BB7.
    How is that Any different than what's happening now? Your argument just made a 180.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:39 PM
    BB10 is Based on QNX. But BB10 is not = QNX and QNX is not = BB10.
    I believe unifying their names would harm more than heal. For example, in the automotive industry, QNX is free to partner with apple and Samsung or their divisions. A unified naming would make this more complicated.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah yeah. All that tech mumbo jumbo we're just fantasizing really. I don't believe a unified naming would ruin anything, I think any different method BlackBerry could use to change their image the better. QNX would have gotten paid nicely of course. Anyway. No matter what you say, BBX sounded and looked much slicker than BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:45 PM
    Looks like you missed this part of my post: "(joking, of course)"

I do still prefer BBX to BB10. Sounds so much cooler...

01-04-14 03:00 PM
    i like it, but add it to BlackBerry. BlackBerry QNX. Much better than 10. i've always wondered, what will happen when they run out of release numbers for 10? After 10.9 then what? OS 11? So the brand will change it's name after a set of years?

This is what they should have done if they were going to go the letter-number route. Terminator model numbers! T-800, T-1000.. etc eh? any takers? lol
    Well to expand on that and the commercial on Youtube about the QNX link I would have done simply QNX OS with a launching tagline:

BlackBerry, Powered by QNX

This ad would have been perfect, though I know its not a real BlackBerry ad just change the ending a bit to reflect my tag line above.
    leehardballer12 and extisis like this.
    01-05-14 11:44 AM
    I like that too. Anything is better than "bb10" I feel.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 12:48 PM
    I like this idea +1

Posted by BBM#42 via Z10 (10.2.1.537) Do not fear the leaks
    01-05-14 01:40 PM
    I like this idea +1

wth is bbm42?
    01-05-14 02:12 PM
    I liked the code names they had for the phones (cities).

As for the IS itself, I think the more mystical it is, the more intriguing people would find it.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:18 PM
    If you think re-branding is going to help it isn't.... I'm tired of the terrible arguments though that BB10 cannot be turned around. it can and it doesn't need to be a flop.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 02:22 PM
    If you think re-branding is going to help it isn't.... I'm tired of the terrible arguments though that BB10 cannot be turned around. it can and it doesn't need to be a flop.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I agree that it can be turned around, but it will require a lot of money to be spent on advertising and brand rebuilding. I don't know know if BlackBerry will do this, or can afford to do this, or is willing to do this.
    01-05-14 02:44 PM
    I agree that it can be turned around, but it will require a lot of money to be spent on advertising and brand rebuilding. I don't know know if BlackBerry will do this, or can afford to do this, or is willing to do this.
    I agree about brand rebuilding and advertising for sure.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 03:24 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I disagree that BB10 has flopped, considering it's a brand new OS, and considering how long it has taken other brand new OS's to gain traction, I think calling it a flop is premature.

But you have to agree that BlackBerry has a terrible reputation in some key markets.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 04:23 PM
    wth is bbm42?
    It is just showing my love for the brand that I am passionate about, I don't hate on the competition though I just have a preference

01-05-14 04:26 PM
    I disagree that BB10 has flopped, considering it's a brand new OS, and considering how long it has taken other brand new OS's to gain traction, I think calling it a flop is premature.

But you have to agree that BlackBerry has a terrible reputation in some key markets.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I know the OS can be successful. I'm just joining in the merry band of floppers. WP8 WAS a flop until it picked up eventually. Same thing will happen if BlackBerry plays smart... so far I think Chen will play it smart.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 06:21 PM
175 ... 567