So Simon was posting things about this health app where you can connect to people and be coaches and what not...so what exactly is this app?? Is it a BlackBerry Native App developed by BlackBerry? Or is it a Third-Party App?? Never really saw Simon mention anything further...it looked very interesting!!
    09-25-13 10:40 PM
    Yeah i dont know either. It apparently wasnt working right so he didnt give much detail about it. I think it was native app from BB though
    mphillips828 likes this.
    09-25-13 10:43 PM
    Yeah i dont know either. It apparently wasnt working right so he didnt give much detail about it. I think it was native app from BB though
    This is very intriguing! From the sounds of it over the chat it could be a great feature! I love health/fitness tracking apps!! if they created a native one with a social network integrated this will be AMAZING!
    09-25-13 10:47 PM
    They can't get their own demo to work? ...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 11:03 PM
    Encouraging, isn't it?
    09-25-13 11:06 PM
    Must be because of the android leak...

Posted via CB10
    h20work and Mack Gans like this.
    09-25-13 11:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Like you never saw an error as such in any other demo ever smfh

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-25-13 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. They should have just left it out completely, so you could complain that BlackBerry didn't show off anything innovative at all, right?

Don't act like they've made something available to the public that doesn't work.
    09-25-13 11:27 PM
    Yeah. They should have just left it out completely, so you could complain that BlackBerry didn't show off anything innovative at all, right?

Don't act like they've made something available to the public that doesn't work.
    Woooow. Now I know how rich feels...

I was simply asking if the app didn't work or if they were just mentioning the app but that it wasn't in working stages. Errors happen, no biggie

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 11:56 PM
    Must be because of the android leak...

Posted via CB10
    Too soon
    BCITMike and AnimalPak200 like this.
    09-26-13 12:01 AM
    Oh, so many have been unfortunate to test something in the lab 10 out of 10 times without issue, take it out in front of a live demo, and it fails. It's a Murphy's Law of technology.
    ghundiraj and h20work like this.
    09-26-13 12:18 AM
    Apparently you connect to your coach via nfc then the data goes over wifi. Then when you go out of range it turns over to cellular? Something like that?

They botched the presentation/had difficulties.
    09-26-13 12:23 AM
    This is very intriguing! From the sounds of it over the chat it could be a great feature! I love health/fitness tracking apps!! if they created a native one with a social network integrated this will be AMAZING!
    Haha...intriguing for people already in great shape. I can just seeing this turning into a disaster when your spouse (or significant other) becomes a coach. You may hear some nasty things from your smartphone. Lol
    09-26-13 12:49 AM
    Does anyone have a video/link for this 'botched demo'????

I'm intrigued.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-26-13 01:04 AM
    Hey guys, I can definitely expand on this. Just talked with Tim about it. From a pure features/product standpoint, there's nothing new here. It's a tech demo and a concept meant to illustrate how multiple wireless standards can play nice with one another (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, and cellular).
    howarmat likes this.
    09-26-13 01:30 AM
    So the app, is just kinda like a sample app?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 01:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    You apparently didn't see Apple's iOS7 keynote, they also had problems.

BlackBerry had momentary difficulties, but over came them & were able to show it off.

Presentation demo gremlins are common in tech shows. Especially if they use wireless communication, because the rooms are filled with press ect. All running their own wireless equipment. This is a fact of life, it doesn't matter if your BlackBerry, Samsung, or Apple

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBPandy; 09-26-13 at 03:14 PM.
    09-26-13 02:40 AM
    Hey guys, I can definitely expand on this. Just talked with Tim about it. From a pure features/product standpoint, there's nothing new here. It's a tech demo and a concept meant to illustrate how multiple wireless standards can play nice with one another (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, and cellular).
    Thanks simon!
    09-26-13 07:52 AM