Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By amjass12
  • 3 Post By Flip4Bytes
  • 2 Post By BBThemes
  • 1 Post By Masahiro
  • 1 Post By ctuffy
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 - lock screen

I've seen Vivek demo the new BB10 platform and he talks about unlocking the screen. What I don't see is how the screen is locked. Where do you put in the password? It seems more like a screen saver type of screen that has just the hub information. Do they just not want to show how to unlock the screen with a password because it will not be as cool looking?
    Thanked by:
    dentynefire (11-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

I think I saw in a video somewhere, I can't remember which, that when you slide to uncover the screen, a password field box appears so that you can enter your password and then you have access
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts

A lock screen setting definately exists, but it probably pops up after you swipe the screen up, just as it does on other phones.. You unlock the screen with a swipe and then a pasword field comes up. I have seen the password field in one video though, but it was when they switched from personal to "business" using blackberry balance. They probably just haven't showed the lockscreen yet as there's nothing inesting/impree about it.. Its an option that we all know blackberry 10 will have, and its nothing special, so why waste time showing the OS and having ut in a password upon lock everytime they wake it up.
    Hi, I'm Alex Bass - Website Designer, App Developer & Owner of CyberBytes Inc.
    I made the BFB Certified App Web Design Cheat Sheet using Native Cascades. The App is Free - More Info About WDCS
    ___

Web Design/Development Channel - C000BEB17 | WDCS App Channel - C000BEB17 (Sneak Peeks, Leaks, and More)
    Personal Twitter - @Flip4Bytes | Company Twitter - @CyberBytesInc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks - I was wondering about how the lock screen was going to be implemented, makes sense if it does work that way.
    Devices: PlayBook 64GB, iPhone 4S, awaiting arrival of BB10!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by flip4life4751 View Post
    A lock screen setting definately exists, but it probably pops up after you swipe the screen up, just as it does on other phones..
    Hmm. I would have thought the password box came up before you swipe up on the screen, as swiping up can reveal personal information based on your active frames and whatnot.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Hmm. I would have thought the password box came up before you swipe up on the screen, as swiping up can reveal personal information based on your active frames and whatnot.
    No. when you have a password set (dev alpha at least, not final though) and you swipe up you dont see anything below other than a darker version of your wallpaper, it also shows a lock icon too, then when you swipe all the way you get a password box, keyboard shows etc, you can also emergency call from here too.

They simply havent shown it because its not as elegant as without a password, i mean that it works smooth as normaly, just not so much eye candy

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    Thanked by 2:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (01-17-2013),  Masahiro (12-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    No. when you have a password set (dev alpha at least, not final though) and you swipe up you dont see anything below other than a darker version of your wallpaper, it also shows a lock icon too, then when you swipe all the way you get a password box, keyboard shows etc, you can also emergency call from here too.

They simply havent shown it because its not as elegant as without a password, i mean that it works smooth as normaly, just not so much eye candy
    That makes sense. Thanks!
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Thanks for asking about that. I was wondering the same thing.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

i was wondering, wouldn't it unlock if you slid it into your pants pocket?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mrpenaflor View Post
    i was wondering, wouldn't it unlock if you slid it into your pants pocket?
    It should be fine. The touchscreen won't react to non-conductive material like fabric. That's why they make special gloves for you to be able to use your phone on a chilly day. You might run into issues if your screen is facing your thigh though...

If you're interested, look up "capacitive touchscreen" on Google.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Default Re: BB10 - lock screen

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    All of this is locked when the screen is
    When you unlock it shows on the standby screen.

For instance calendar events show "3 upcoming events " when locked, but when unlocked in standby it shows the content of said events.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry User

i would say there might be an option for you when unlocking the screen
    you can either choose to reveal the home screen and then the password field pops up or you can choose not to reveal the screen..
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

I think we'll see the final screen on Jan 30 and not before...
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts

Here's what the lockscreen looks like

BB10 - lock screen-lockscreen.jpg
    Hi, I'm Alex Bass - Website Designer, App Developer & Owner of CyberBytes Inc.
    I made the BFB Certified App Web Design Cheat Sheet using Native Cascades. The App is Free - More Info About WDCS
    ___

Web Design/Development Channel - C000BEB17 | WDCS App Channel - C000BEB17 (Sneak Peeks, Leaks, and More)
    Personal Twitter - @Flip4Bytes | Company Twitter - @CyberBytesInc
    Thanked by 3:
    calicocat2010 (01-18-2013),  ctuffy (01-17-2013),  jesse_h (01-17-2013)