I know someone who is working for RIM in the uk, he has been hired for telecom communication and told me RIM is holding a overview meeting showing off BB10 and BB7 and has he's been appointed to improving the network for bbm and the enterprise server also I was vaguely questioning him on crackberry's behalf and he said BB10 will launch october to compete with the iphone 5. he also said RIM has been hiring large number of app developers. BTW the meeting is on monday and he said he will have 6 hours training. ill update this post on tuesday when he tells me more

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    Last edited by siddo_d; 06-26-12 at 09:55 AM.
    06-26-12 09:25 AM
    I hope you and your source are right. It would be nice to see it released this year.
    06-26-12 09:32 AM
    OP,
    You might just get your friend fired.
    How long would it take someone to connect the dots? Just left Uni. Got hired in Slough and will be attending 6 hours of training....
    06-26-12 09:34 AM
    OP,
    How long would it take someone to connect the dots? Just left Uni. Got hired in Slough and will be attending 6 hours of training....
    Very true! I'm personally vague when it comes to "source" information - if I share it at all. But I'm in London, ON., 1 hour away from Waterloo - just to put it into perspective.
    06-26-12 09:35 AM
    OP,
    What if his "friend" gave the personal information of another coworker and is telling the OP to give that out to hide his own personal info?

You can't fire someone based on what another person says X person said.

You need actual proof.

Also, keep us posted on everything!
    06-26-12 09:47 AM
    True ill take out the details but it is good news after all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    06-26-12 09:52 AM
    What if his "friend" gave the personal information of another coworker and is telling the OP to give that out to hide his own personal info?

You can't fire someone based on what another person says X person said.

You need actual proof.

Also, keep us posted on everything!

In many places (in the US) people are at Will employees. Company can just say your services are not needed anymore. Also leaking NDA protected information is a clear violation of employee agreements and WILL almost certainly result in termination.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-26-12 11:09 AM
    Interesting. Looking forward to the updates.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 11:52 AM
    I really wish they wouldn't. Why let apple steal all the headlines as you know they will with all of that "profit" money they have.
    06-26-12 12:06 PM
    It'd be best not to compete head-to-head with the iPhone 5.

Release it at least 1 month before or after the iPhone 5. Otherwise BB10 will just get lost in the marketing shuffle.
    jegs2 and Stewartj1 like this.
    06-26-12 12:22 PM
    It'd be best not to compete head-to-head with the iPhone 5.

Release it at least 1 month before or after the iPhone 5. Otherwise BB10 will just get lost in the marketing shuffle.
    Actually I see it as a good thing. When the iPhone 5 drops. People are going to want to upgrade or look for a new phone to buy. And if they come out at the same time, it gives BB some exposure.
    06-26-12 01:56 PM
    Actually I see it as a good thing. When the iPhone 5 drops. People are going to want to upgrade or look for a new phone to buy. And if they come out at the same time, it gives BB some exposure.
    STILL better not to release at the same time. Particularly if it means rushing the launch (which is exactly what happened with the Playbook... we know what THAT result was).

Best scenario: it's ready to announce Aug-Sept and has an opportunity to be in the market for at least a few weeks before the iPhone arrives.
    06-26-12 02:00 PM
    It is very risky but Monday I will hopefully find out more
    06-26-12 02:43 PM
    Not, all the cash pumped into the iphone hype will just bury anything on RIM.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    06-26-12 03:47 PM
    I heard that the BB10 is being released AS an Iphone!!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-12 05:34 PM
    I've been promised by RIM that I'll get the first BB10 on October 13th on my birthday, happy birthday to me!

Michaelaw
    06-26-12 09:27 PM
    To the op. I kind of want to add you to my bbm friends list because ill forget all about this thread.

If you want to add me on your bbm pm me your pin. Not just for this but to be bbm friends also

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD