Yes, that is impressive. I cannot type without looking on Swype.
    Just found another error while reading your post. First seen should have been see. Lol! OK, 3 blind errors. Still not bad.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-16-13 01:53 PM
    Pretty amazing this is still going.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 03:52 PM
    Yes, that is impressive. I cannot type without looking on Swype.
    I can type blind on SwiftKey and the Windows Phone keyboard, quite easily. Great Prediction, Auto-Substitution, and Auto-Correct makes that possible.

Also, a bigger screen helps, as it means you don't' have to be super precise to hit the correct letters - as the letters are ... bigger ... as well!
    09-16-13 04:09 PM
    I can type blind on SwiftKey and the Windows Phone keyboard, quite easily. Great Prediction, Auto-Substitution, and Auto-Correct makes that possible.

Also, a bigger screen helps, as it means you don't' have to be super precise to hit the correct letters - as the letters are ... bigger ... as well!
    I'm trying to swine b bound.

LOL: I'm trying to Swype blind. I suck one handed. I'd probably be better pecking.
    09-16-13 04:12 PM
    One thing people have to remember is that the BlackBerry keyboard was built with the SwiftKey SDK, so the prediction engine is based off of SwiftKey. That's not to say they are the same, though.

Count me in the column of people happy with the BlackBerry keyboard. One of the things that always bothered me about predictive text on Android was the words appearing above the keyboard. Typing on glass, you usually are looking at the keys to make sure you are pressing on the right key. On Android, this always meant looking away from the keys to see the next possible words. That would slow me down more than anything. The way BlackBerry implemented it, I'm already looking at the keys, so it's easy to flick words up, or tap if I don't see the word I want.

On my Note 2, I'm constantly changing keyboards. Swype works okay, but the words I swipe don't always appear right. I have no idea how it picks some of the words it thinks I've swiped. SwiftKey Flow is better, but a pain to go back and correct when it types the wrong word. I find myself double checking what I wrote, which slows me down. I'll also use the stock Samsung keyboard, and Fleksy, which is kind of unique in its word correction. One thing that can be said about Android - there are plenty of keyboard choices.

One thing I am impressed with on Android is dictation. Between Dragon and Google, they really do have some good dictation options. It's interesting to watch the Google version type while you talk, rather than type after you stop talking.

That said, I still prefer typing on my Z10. For the most part, I'm typing out what I want to write. If I see the word appear above the next key, it's easy for me to flick up and carry on. I'm not counting on flicking every word. It's just an added benefit. Plus, I have a bunch of word substitutions that I got used to using on my 9700, and added them into the Z10. It's great to just type a few letters and have the keyboard substitute my most common words and phrases.

Between my Z10 and my Note 2, I have a lot more errors on the Note 2.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 05:33 PM
    BB10 wins, everyone else loses.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-17-13 12:48 PM
    Would you like BB10 to have something like this?

bradu1 likes this.
    09-17-13 01:33 PM
    BB10 wins, everyone else loses.

Posted via CB10
    In your opinion. I've used all the keyboards and am faster and more accurate on my iPhone.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5 iOS 7 GM goodness
    09-17-13 01:34 PM
    I have nothing bad to say about him keyboard. I love how predictive texts comes up in either Spanish or English whenever I start to type in one or the other. It makes my life so much easier not having to continually switch languages just to send a text or write something real quick

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:41 PM
    I really appreciate the Z10 keyboard. As someone who hates my iPad keyboard and who's used the BlackBerry Bold I didn't think I would want a touch screen keyboard. This keyboard is simply the best. Easy, intuitive and fast.

J
    09-17-13 03:51 PM
    I'm curious too, looking forward to the results.
    Next one will be the iPhone 4...

From the Z...
    09-17-13 05:19 PM
    I really appreciate the Z10 keyboard. As someone who hates my iPad keyboard and who's used the BlackBerry Bold I didn't think I would want a touch screen keyboard. This keyboard is simply the best. Easy, intuitive and fast.

J
    Cannot compare an iPad to a smartphone keyboard. The form factors aren't even comparable.
    09-17-13 06:00 PM
    Cannot compare an iPad to a smartphone keyboard. The form factors aren't even comparable.
    I hate my ipod keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:06 PM
    Every time I type on my iPad or my old android phone, I am reminded of the awesome, addictive keyboard on my Q10 :-).

I can type reasonably fast on a touchscreen and am even faster on Swype-enabled keyboards. Still, it is hard to match the pleasant experience of typing using the sculpted physical keys and the simple (but well-implemented) word prediction on the Q10.

BBQ10
    09-17-13 09:47 PM
    I hate my ipod keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    So did I. And I got rid of it. SwiftKey and Swype are on a different level.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    09-17-13 10:04 PM
    So did I. And I got rid of it. SwiftKey and Swype are on a different level.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Well the ipod is definitely comparable to a phone keyboard. I won't say smartphone, as it's the same keyboard as an iPhone keyboard. :grin:

I liked swiftkey on my android tablets. But it didn't compare to my Z. Didn't like swype. I know some kid broke some record on it, but to me it was slow. Me spending the time learning to type on that would have been the equivalent of me learning to ride a unicycle. It's a great gimmick, and I might possibly get to the store faster than if I walked, but in the end, is the ends worth the means? Not to me it's not. Plus I just felt stupid rubbing my finger all over my tablet. I know I had to look stupid.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:59 PM
    How long would you guys say it takes for it to learn your typing style? Just got this 4 days ago and I'm still making lots of errors. Maybe I'm still adjusting. Love the phone though but hated it the first day after leaving my note 2.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:07 PM
    How long would you guys say it takes for it to learn your typing style? Just got this 4 days ago and I'm still making lots of errors. Maybe I'm still adjusting. Love the phone though but hated it the first day after leaving my note 2.

Posted via CB10
    I would say give it a week. I came from a physical qwerty on my main device, and never liked typing on glass. I'd say after a good week I was comfortable with Zed and Zed was comfortable with me.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:15 PM
    I'm unable to open this thread on my iPhone... any suggestions anyone? I only ever use CB10 for everything Crackberry...

From the Z...
    09-18-13 12:56 PM
    Have y'all decided what I should use yet?
    09-19-13 12:25 PM
    I'm unable to open this thread on my iPhone... any suggestions anyone? I only ever use CB10 for everything Crackberry...

From the Z...
    Tapatalk. Although I don't understand why you can't since it opens fine on my 2 iPhones in the browser.
    09-19-13 01:14 PM
    its my ONLY issue with the Z10 but its a big one. the apple keyboard is so mych better. i wish BlackBerry came out with a better virtual jeyboard that i can type on as this one needs work. si frustrating for such a great phone otherwuse

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    09-19-13 01:52 PM
    Tapatalk. Although I don't understand why you can't since it opens fine on my 2 iPhones in the browser.
    It was wierd.. at first I tried finding it through the menu, but I found Armchair CEO and Crackberry Contests and it didn't show the General Discussion... Then I made a post through here (CB10) to have it show up at the top of the threads., clicked the link and it just went blank... tried it several times..

Maybe it's for the best.. I type like cr*p on that keyboard... I've always used BlackBerry keyboards in the past and I was reluctant to give up my keyboard for a touchscreen.. I have typed with several touchscreens and I never enjoined them... the best way for me to type on them was in landscape, crazy! I took a chance with the Z knowing a keyboard is a dealbreaker for me... I don't know what I would've done if the Q was released the same day though...

From the Z...
    09-19-13 02:50 PM
    I use an IPhone, and I have to retype things a lot. I wish the IPhone had the Z10's keyboard. Blackberry is making BBM cross platform, maybe they would like to make a BB keyboard download!!
    😍😛😍😛😍😛😍
    I feel just the opposite. Do you type vertical or hortizontal using two thumbs. I just tried this for the first time and Im way faster and more accuracte i just found.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:51 PM
    I feel just the opposite. Do you type vertical or hortizontal using two thumbs. I just tried this for the first time and Im way faster and more accuracte i just found.

Posted via CB10
    I type vertical with both thumbs. I only push the space bar with my right thumb though. My problem is I have fat fingers and hit a couple of letters at the same time.
    09-19-13 04:27 PM
225 ... 789