Wow! All this excitement around the new BB10 is amazing! Very exciting. This is the most hyped launch of any blackberry. I hope it is an outstanding success!

Now, every Blackberry I have ever owned (with the exception of my first one-a Pearl bought on Craigslist), was purchased on launch day. And every Blackberry I bought on launch day was very stressful to purchase. It involved calls to different stores to see if they had stock, it involved searching store inventory on line, it involved monitoring the forums to see which stores in my area had stock, it involved bribing sales staff with money to sell the one unit they had on hold for someone who was going to come pick it up next week.

I am wondering if this launch will be like every other Blackberry model launch I have experienced. Each store getting 1 or 2 units a day that are on hold for someone?

I hope not!!! I want one!!!

Do you think stores will be flush with inventory? Are the BB10's all piled up in a warehouse somewhere waiting for delivery to the retail stores? What do you think will happen?

Will there be line ups?
    01-25-13 02:18 AM
    Couldn't you pick a better thread title?
    G-bone, Barljo, stberry and 3 others like this.
    01-25-13 02:20 AM
    Don't know, but the carriers seem to have pre-ordered big time...they, (&BB ) want to get these out the door quick-like. Guess they know we're crazy...

#BB10Believe
    01-25-13 02:27 AM
    Don't know, but the carriers seem to have pre-ordered big time...they, (&BB ) want to get these out the door quick-like. Guess they know we're crazy...

#BB10Believe
    I hope carriers are not afraid to order BB10 inventory. They better not be holding back!
    01-25-13 02:37 AM
    Only stress I have at this point is whether there will be a red one. If not do I wait.

Also price. I don't spend 800 bucks on a phone. If it's 549 off contact I'm there. If not, I will wait until summer.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-25-13 02:55 AM
    I believe the carriers and RIM have a good idea of demand.
    01-25-13 02:58 AM
    Only stress I have at this point is whether there will be a red one. If not do I wait.

Also price. I don't spend 800 bucks on a phone. If it's 549 off contact I'm there. If not, I will wait until summer.

Good point! What is the price?
    01-25-13 03:19 AM
    Good point! What is the price?
    There was an initial rumour based on leaked pricing screen captures from an electronic chain of around 800 but who knows whether that would be correct.
    Recent BGR article has them priced lower than the SGIII.
    Right now it's all speculation, of course.
    But getting the phone at 800 is not an option for me. No phone is worth that much to me.

01-25-13 03:28 AM
    There was an initial rumour based on leaked pricing screen captures from an electronic chain of around 800 but who knows whether that would be correct.
    Recent BGR article has them priced lower than the SGIII.
    Right now it's all speculation, of course.
    But getting the phone at 800 is not an option for me. No phone is worth that much to me.

Agreed! If BB10 costs more than $550 (as you said) off contract, then they are shooting themselves in the foot and the BB10 Launch will be a failure.

Apple has ridiculously expensive pricing for off contract phones and it is starting to bite them in the arse.
    01-25-13 03:32 AM
    If the phone releases for under $600, that would make all the difference for me. Strangely, that would be less than a lot of places were selling off-contract Bold 9900's from just a few months ago.
    kevinnugent and Spencerdl like this.
    01-25-13 03:47 AM
    Agreed! If BB10 costs more than $550 (as you said) off contract, then they are shooting themselves in the foot and the BB10 Launch will be a failure.

Apple has ridiculously expensive pricing for off contract phones and it is starting to bite them in the arse.
    I would not say a failure, but I think they should undercut Apple and Samsung now and then charge premium for the Aristo, once BB10 has proven itself.

01-25-13 04:01 AM
    wow, as if you weren't cute enough already, you now have ferrets!!!
    01-25-13 04:59 AM
    My hope is that BB10 phones will be in the stores within a few days of the launch event. Oh and the thread title could be a bit better ie "Blackberry availability in stores after launch". The current title "Blackberry launch failure" to me sounds too negative and not really related to the topic described in this thread.
    01-25-13 05:08 AM
    Couldn't you pick a better thread title?
    I can fix that
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-25-13 05:08 AM
    wow, as if you weren't cute enough already, you now have ferrets!!!
    ***off topic alert*****

Is that for me???? if so, thank you....and I've had my fuzzbutts since 2005.....involved in rescue since then....the sable is George, who I lost in 2010, and the champagne is Brigid, a rescue fuzzy who had 45 minutes before she was going to be put down, but was turned over to rescue just in time to be saved.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-25-13 at 05:29 AM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-25-13 05:19 AM
    Was indeed for you. I love ferrets, my grandad used to work for the city council repairing social housing and used to take his to work in order to chase out any rats living under the floor boards.
    When ever i went to see him they were always running around the house. He never put them down his trousers, but he did have a flat cap lol.
    01-25-13 05:26 AM

its not really RIM that sets the prices on the shelf for these phones, its the carriers. sure each carrier has their mark up tacked on top of RIMs charge but if the actual askign price was to high carriers would speak up and say we are payign this much for this nore will it sell well if we do. RIM has had a good relationship with carriers and carriers are pretty pumped up about BB10 so if the device costs $800 it will more then likely be worth the investment, people just need to pull their head out of their asses to unterstand that this is not a legacy BlackBerry, its a new generation device, one built like not other, and dispite the why would i buy BB10 when for the same price i can buy a better SGSIII are over and tech bloggers and reporters will soon change their tones about what the meaning of a BlackBerry is.

qbnkelt i see your point that no phone is worth that much, but people pay that much for phones and not everyone buys a new phone as often as some people and will gladly pay, just look at those that went out and bought the iPhone5 for the price they cost when they already had the iPhone4S and its not like they do anything different besides one having LTE and a larger screen, they both run the same only the 5 is a bit faster. yet, peopel are willign to fork over $900 to Rogers, Bell or Telus for it
    01-25-13 06:41 AM
    qbnkelt i see your point that no phone is worth that much, but people pay that much for phones and not everyone buys a new phone as often as some people and will gladly pay, just look at those that went out and bought the iPhone5 for the price they cost when they already had the iPhone4S and its not like they do anything different besides one having LTE and a larger screen, they both run the same only the 5 is a bit faster. yet, peopel are willign to fork over $900 to Rogers, Bell or Telus for it

Understood. Which is why I kept the comments to my perspective on what I would spend on a phone and stated that to me, 800 bucks on a phone is not an option. Regardless of the manufacturer.

Heck I won't spend over 25K on a car!!!! It it's something that can conceivably walk away or be made to walk away from me, I ain't plunkin' down huge amounts of cash. For me, living below my means is what I'm happy with.
    01-25-13 06:48 AM
    its not really RIM that sets the prices on the shelf for these phones, its the carriers. sure each carrier has their mark up tacked on top of RIMs charge but if the actual askign price was to high carriers would speak up and say we are payign this much for this nore will it sell well if we do. RIM has had a good relationship with carriers and carriers are pretty pumped up about BB10 so if the device costs $800 it will more then likely be worth the investment, people just need to pull their head out of their asses to unterstand that this is not a legacy BlackBerry, its a new generation device, one built like not other, and dispite the why would i buy BB10 when for the same price i can buy a better SGSIII are over and tech bloggers and reporters will soon change their tones about what the meaning of a BlackBerry is.

Yes carriers set the "sale" price. Not the retail price.

Apple is a different beast. You really cannot compare apple fans buying apple stuff to new BlackBerry stuff. Apple is and always has been known for having high prices. If a company that wasn't known for higher prices launches a product for a higher price then people are going to question why.

Customers thoughts - Yes its a new platform, yes they have changed but the last BlackBerry I ever owned (probably an 8330) was really slow on the internet and needed reboots a lot.

Once bb10 has a staple in the tech world as being a total 180� transition from what they were and the general consumer knows that rather than just us tech nuts then, maybe then they can start increasing retail prices.

Remember a general consumer is someone like your mom or dad. As of right now my mom has an iphone and doesn't even know what android is and thinks blackberrys are a special phone that they give business people. She knows there are other phone os's out there but doesn't care to learn them. Marketing is a massive thing. Samsung did well with the sg3 commercials and they sold more phones than apple the last quarter.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-25-13 06:54 AM
    Yes carriers set the "sale" price. Not the retail price.

Apple is a different beast. You really cannot compare apple fans buying apple stuff to new BlackBerry stuff. Apple is and always has been known for having high prices. If a company that wasn't known for higher prices launches a product for a higher price then people are going to question why.

Customers thoughts - Yes its a new platform, yes they have changed but the last BlackBerry I ever owned (probably an 8330) was really slow on the internet and needed reboots a lot.

Once bb10 has a staple in the tech world as being a total 180� transition from what they were and the general consumer knows that rather than just us tech nuts then, maybe then they can start increasing retail prices.

Remember a general consumer is someone like your mom or dad. As of right now my mom has an iphone and doesn't even know what android is and thinks blackberrys are a special phone that they give business people. She knows there are other phone os's out there but doesn't care to learn them. Marketing is a massive thing. Samsung did well with the sg3 commercials and they sold more phones than apple the last quarter.

Sent from my game boy color
    fair enough but it is also the general consumer that is open minded about the products that are for sale and if the sales person tells them "oh the new BlackBerry is like a piece of top notch art, i strongly recommend this" or they just won't spend much money and end of gettign a free on contract phone like my mom would, she BBMs and text messages but rarely is able to pull her phone out when it rings she calls back like 2 hours later.

my dad on the other hand is looking forward to the new BB10 phones as he currently has a 9900 and has a few poorly coded apps running and it lags a bit, so he gets frustrated :P
    01-25-13 07:13 AM

Colours are dependent on carriers. I have been told that every carrier is given options and they choose what they want. If you really need a red one, I hope you're not a Verizon customer as they will only have white and black.
    01-25-13 10:50 AM
    You dont *have* to get it on launch day. If its so stressful just wait a bit or beg one of your friends to get it for you:P
    01-25-13 12:00 PM
    You dont *have* to get it on launch day. If its so stressful just wait a bit or beg one of your friends to get it for you:P
    No!!! I need it on launch day!!!!
    01-25-13 03:27 PM
    Colours are dependent on carriers. I have been told that every carrier is given options and they choose what they want. If you really need a red one, I hope you're not a Verizon customer as they will only have white and black.
    Oh no. My work phone is VZW and I briefly had a personal 9930 but I went back to AT&T.

I do want red.

01-26-13 10:35 AM
    Oh no. My work phone is VZW and I briefly had a personal 9930 but I went back to AT&T.

I do want red.

cue multiple posts about the irony of vzw not taking a phone that aligns with their corporate branding. makes no sense to me
    01-26-13 10:38 AM
29 12