Yes! I want more color schemes!!!

I also want:
    *an updated look to the quick settings as they look very dull.
    *BlackBerry Assistant needs huge performance improvements and visual
    *Also custom fonts
    *Dark Hub
    *Custom/Third-party keyboards (like swiftkey) or have BlackBerry make their own skiftkey-like optional keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Seems someone grasps my idea. Choosing blue as a color and sticking with it is irritating because what if I hate blue? In fact custom font as well.

Also since I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving bb10 later just based on the decision making that TGeekB is talking about. After playing with my friends G3. I can say that I'll do fine on android. Unfortunately it still doesn't have that efficient method of task completion that bb10 has but the fact that the next phones don't even appeal to me already irritates me.
    To me it just seems like lots of the great os10 features are phone dependent. For example if I was a hardware keyboard guy I'd never ever leave the passport for anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 12:06 PM
    A few improvements that I would like to see:

swiping between open apps, I still miss that feature from good old Playbook times.
    flicking frames up to close apps, like on iOS, I think this is a cool & fun feature.
    I also think the calendar needs a major redesign, the current one is confusing and over complicated.
    I really did love the Playbook's flick to close gesture for apps. That is a feature I would love to have back.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    04-05-15 12:35 PM
    I still can't believe how much cleaner the PlayBook setup looks.... it's great. The opened apps are docked upon the non opened icons.. you can actually keep all the apps running and minimize and still be able to see them running.

Currently with bb10 for example it's apparently running but why? It offers very little benefit apart from "playing a youtube movie and minimizing "

Posted via CB10
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    04-05-15 04:01 PM
    Would love to customize the UI like Android

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-05-15 04:57 PM
    Seems someone grasps my idea. Choosing blue as a color and sticking with it is irritating because what if I hate blue? In fact custom font as well.

Also since I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving bb10 later just based on the decision making that TGeekB is talking about. After playing with my friends G3. I can say that I'll do fine on android. Unfortunately it still doesn't have that efficient method of task completion that bb10 has but the fact that the next phones don't even appeal to me already irritates me.
    To me it just seems like lots of the great os10 features are phone dependent. For example if I was a hardware keyboard guy I'd never ever leave the passport for anything.

Posted via CB10
    And herein lies the issue. If you can settle for the excellent basics that BB10 provides, then you will be OK. The minute you start searching for more, you will be disappointed, especially after seeing what Android brings with its customization. It's a tough decision that I also fight with.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    Tre Lawrence and twiggyrj like this.
    04-05-15 05:15 PM
    Are you kidding me? I hate Windows UI, I can't stand it, it sucks big time. To me, BB10 UI is awesome, very efficient.

Wife Z10, daughter got my old Z10 and me with the awesome new World Z30. That's how we roll baby!
    04-05-15 05:29 PM
    And herein lies the issue. If you can settle for the excellent basics that BB10 provides, then you will be OK. The minute you start searching for more, you will be disappointed, especially after seeing what Android brings with its customization. It's a tough decision that I also fight with.

Completely understand. Customization is extremely important to me.
    04-05-15 05:33 PM
    Are you kidding me? I hate Windows UI, I can't stand it, it sucks big time. To me, BB10 UI is awesome, very efficient.

Wife Z10, daughter got my old Z10 and me with the awesome new World Z30. That's how we roll baby!

That's you not everyone else, I love the Windows UI, its subjective, its like saying the BB10 UI sucks as if it was fact and a well implemented user customization is never a bad thing.
    TgeekB and pttptppt like this.
    04-05-15 06:46 PM
    That's you not everyone else, I love the Windows UI, its subjective, its like saying the BB10 UI sucks as if it was fact and a well implemented user customization is never a bad thing.
    Agreed!

And the things I like about windows phone os that I wish we had are:
    *cortana
    *live tiles (mix those in with active frames so we could have permanent active frames that always display info)
    *resizable active frames (like live tiles)
    *Customizable os color themes (so like light and dark theme, but there'd be more colors and shades of colors like blue, green and red)

Posted via CB10
    twiggyrj likes this.
    04-05-15 07:53 PM
    I think BlackBerry should make one phone for two kinds of user. One for BlackBerry loyal for work user and the other is most fun daily basis consumer. Of course every time they changed user mode they need restart their phone. By doing that I think will attract lots of user from all corners. In fun consumer mode allow user customize their use from keyboard, font, launcher, icons to themes etc...but don't forget warning them about being less security.
    While in loyal mode is what we are using now. But they need improving MAP searching ability and speed. While in a contact with their address should be able to navigate directly rather than just only enter MAP only.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 08:07 PM
    So... twice as much development and support costs,.. one device sale revenue?

Unless you want to pay twice as much for your next BlackBerry,.. this probably won't help them stay afloat.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 08:34 PM
    I think BlackBerry should make one phone for two kinds of user. One for BlackBerry loyal for work user and the other is most fun daily basis consumer. Of course every time they changed user mode they need restart their phone. By doing that I think will attract lots of user from all corners. In fun consumer mode allow user customize their use from keyboard, font, launcher, icons to themes etc...but don't forget warning them about being less security.
    While in loyal mode is what we are using now. But they need improving MAP searching ability and speed. While in a contact with their address should be able to navigate directly rather than just only enter MAP only.

Posted via CB10
    It'd be a mess. Users would get confused, many bugs, increased costs (having to basically support and develop for 2 os's).
    It'd also be a hassle if you wanted to quickly view and show someone a business document, but you're in 'fun' mode. You'd have to restart and then restart afterwards to return to 'fun' mode.

I think it'd be better if they just put everything into 1 os like it is right now. The customizing can be done win security issues if BlackBerry does it themselves. Think about it: android let's you change your keyboard (customizing) but anyone can put a keylogger (security problem). This can be fixed if BlackBerry just makes a few virtual keyboard options (the one they have right now, swiftkey, and maybe a other one). Same thing with fonts and themes

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 08:41 PM
    The funny thing about all of the potential for customization, and I agree that it should be there, is that I will more than likely use the default layouts and colours because usually they end up looking the best.
    I still use the stock wallpaper because I like the clean look of it (while being slightly more interesting than a simple 'black' background). If they let me customize the colour of the buttons or fonts I would probably stay with what I've already got.
    I agree that options are good. And when it comes to standing out from the pack, I already use a BlackBerry and that's enough for me. I don't need to have a bunch of tiles on my background that I won't really use, or lime green cursive font that looks very interesting but is actually just difficult to read.
    Just saying, customization is good, but I don't think it's as important as other areas for BlackBerry to further along right now. Marketing being one of them. At this point, they could market BB10 as if it were brand spanking new because to most people, it still is. In fact, I kind of feel like the sooner they get away from the name 'BB10', the better off for the company. It already makes it sound like the OS that's been around forever when really it is quite young. 'BBX' might have been a better choice.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-05-15 08:58 PM
    The funny thing about all of the potential for customization, and I agree that it should be there, is that I will more than likely use the default layouts and colours because usually they end up looking the best.
    I still use the stock wallpaper because I like the clean look of it (while being slightly more interesting than a simple 'black' background). If they let me customize the colour of the buttons or fonts I would probably stay with what I've already got.
    I agree that options are good. And when it comes to standing out from the pack, I already use a BlackBerry and that's enough for me. I don't need to have a bunch of tiles on my background that I won't really use, or lime green cursive font that looks very interesting but is actually just difficult to read.
    Just saying, customization is good, but I don't think it's as important as other areas for BlackBerry to further along right now. Marketing being one of them. At this point, they could market BB10 as if it were brand spanking new because to most people, it still is. In fact, I kind of feel like the sooner they get away from the name 'BB10', the better off for the company. It already makes it sound like the OS that's been around forever when really it is quite young. 'BBX' might have been a better choice.

I'm just saying part of efficiency is consistency. Some apps, 1 swipe from top bring menu.. others it does nothing.

Go to the hub, then swipe down once... it's quick settings.. it takes 2 in any other app... what for? It seems a lot of what they did they were stuck in 2 minds.

Keyboard predictions work well, but compare the design of the keyboard itself to the one on the PlayBook and you'll see what I'm getting at

Posted via CB10
    paulbbp likes this.
    04-05-15 09:04 PM

Yup harder every second. If I wasn't so money cautious as a college student ID retire my z10 to a backup role.

I mean ffs all the jumping hoops I do on bb10 is too filthy easy on android and even though it doesn't have that sole connectivity that bb10 brings ( hub, file manager connected to cloud services such as box, ..gestures) it's still almost close...

I'll see but probably this is my last and first bb10 phone. It's been great but seems the company and I are moving in 2 different directions if it makes sense what I'm saying

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:07 PM
    Windows :barf:

Lollipop is quite nice and understated

iToys look nice... well, because they're toys!

I preferred 10.2.1, but - what do I know ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2576
    04-05-15 09:12 PM
    Bb10 is meant to be dull cause it's targeted for business users now!! That's the main reason they're getting rid of that fancy unlock swipe! And replacing it with a simple line

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:37 PM
    Loosing the video & music features from BlackBerry World, killed it for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:59 PM
    I'm just saying part of efficiency is consistency. Some apps, 1 swipe from top bring menu.. others it does nothing.

Go to the hub, then swipe down once... it's quick settings.. it takes 2 in any other app... what for? It seems a lot of what they did they were stuck in 2 minds.

Keyboard predictions work well, but compare the design of the keyboard itself to the one on the PlayBook and you'll see what I'm getting at

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry 10 keyboard is a design element I think they got right though. It looks just like a hardware keyboard. The frets between the keys it all looks slick. The Playbook's keyboard was really nondescript.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    04-05-15 10:17 PM
    Bring BB Balance to non BES users and BBOS theming back to please the majority of people on this thread.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-05-15 11:40 PM

I'll see but probably this is my last and first bb10 phone. It's been great but seems the company and I are moving in 2 different directions if it makes sense what I'm saying

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't really make sense what you are saying. I've been on the platform since 10.1 and the OS and UI has been getting better and better. There are a couple of gripes that people can make about things that perhaps didn't need changing (Calendar UI, for instance) but all in all, this OS has come a long ways and is still getting better with each update. Sure, there have been bugs along the way (I almost cried when my Passport 'flickered' the first time after waiting so long for the official release of 10.3.1) but they have been, and are continuing to be, worked out.
    I'm not too sure what direction you are heading in, or what direction you'd rather BlackBerry be headed, but I'm pretty happy with the forward motion that has been made so far and it doesn't seem to be veering off course. If you mean that BlackBerry isn't Android enough for you, then that's a whole different thing.

04-06-15 01:01 AM
    I think bb10 interface needs bit of a redesign. To me after 3 years it's getting bland. I don't consider "removing ghastly grey boxes" a redesign.

They should give it to a world class designer and let him [or her] go nuts (not too much) ...

Also they need to utilize the reverse hub gesture. Currently there's nothing there
    There! I inserted the bolded portion to fix that sentence for you.
    pttptppt and Blackerthanblack like this.
    04-06-15 03:29 AM
    Bring BB Balance to non BES users and BBOS theming back to please the majority of people on this thread.
    The more pressing issue is: Will such a change sell more phones?
    04-06-15 03:31 AM
    The more pressing issue is: Will such a change sell more phones?
    I don't really think this would sell more phones. Customization/tinkering enthusiasts already have Android which you can customize to no end.
    04-06-15 04:23 AM
    On BBOS, I always preferred the serif font. I found it more readable. I wish we had at least that choice in BB10. Fonts are important because reading what's on the screen is important, and the user should have as much control as possible, to get that just right.

I also agree that, while the Hub itself is very advanced, the design makes it look dated. This dated look isn't something BlackBerry can afford, when the entire brand is already seen by many as a relic.

Concerning icons... Various Android launchers support the use of icon packs that users can buy/download. Some launchers allow the user to number and spacing of icons per screen. These things may seem frivolous to some, but I think they accomplish a couple of things. First, they allow users to personalize their devices, which is something that many, many people want to do. Second, it provides a way for creative people to make some money, by designing interesting and attractive icon packs for BB World; and BlackBerry makes money on it as well. Those who are not interested in such things can easily ignore them.

These things -- fonts and changeable icon packs -- wouldn't require any major surgery to the BB10 interface. They're more like a fresh coat of paint. Implementing them shouldn't risk breaking a lot of other things.
    04-06-15 07:27 AM
112 1234 ...