I'm wondering about the identity of BB10 Handsets at this point. It will be a handset running on BB10 OS, that runs a subset of Android Apps, that are delivered through the Amazon App Store. It's not an Android phone, as it doesn't run all Android apps the way for instance a Samsung does. It's hard to break it down in simple consumer terms. What do you tell prospective buyers? It's more like an Amazon phone - by BlackBerry. People will tend to identify a phone by the app ecosystem it is tied to, no?
    I feel we do not have the full story yet. How this is all to play out, the positioning and marketing that will build the identity of the phones moving forward. A lot still left unanswered. It will be interesting to see the next few months.
    One thing for sure, BlackBerry is an interesting company to watch!
    06-19-14 09:29 AM
    Nope. It's a BlackBerry running BB10 OS, that can run Android Apps. And they are providing an Android App Store for convenience.
    06-19-14 03:48 PM
    Nope. It's a BlackBerry running BB10 OS, that can run Android Apps. And they are providing an Android App Store for convenience.
    Agreed. Will still be a strong communication device with the stability and reliability that BlackBerry is known for. Better be :-)

My Z10 - an extension of me
    06-19-14 03:55 PM
    It will be a BlackBerry 10 device with the ability to run Android a two for one thing :--)))

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:50 PM
    Smh can you people ever see a positive light?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:52 PM
    it would be the BlackBerry jack of all trades
    06-19-14 07:01 PM
    Smh can you people ever see a positive light?

Posted via CB10
    I don't see negative comments in this thread. Most have missed my point entirely, but nevermind.
    06-19-14 09:45 PM
    You sell it to the traditional limited BlackBerry market and when they say what about apps, you say it can run all the same apps the Amazon phone can run. It's the best BlackBerry can manage for now. I think.
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    06-19-14 09:47 PM
    It can run -some- (most) Android apps. Just try explaining to the average person that it runs BB native apps, and Android apps that do not rely on Google Play Services and see the reaction you get. I'm just hoping BlackBerry has a plan on how to present it all. I'm assuming and hoping that they do. I'm also wondering (along with others around here) how the focus will come down. Up until now, it's mainly BB native apps with Android filling the gaps. I could be wrong, but it has the feeling now of the other way around. I just think it is unclear at this point how it will all be played. I'm happy for all the positive news. Things seem better for the company today than they did a couple of days ago. I'm a BB fan who hopes to keep using one. I'm not complaining - just thinking out loud. I'm curious.
    06-19-14 09:53 PM
    You sell it to the traditional limited BlackBerry market and when they say what about apps, you say it can run all the same apps the Amazon phone can run. It's the best BlackBerry can manage for now. I think.
    Basically, I guess, but I still feel there is more to the story. Time will tell.
    06-19-14 09:56 PM
    I think they should keep the names they're going with, where we have Passport and Classic instead of Q20/Q30.

I think the Z10/Q5/Q10/Z30 and even Z3 were great names for the first wave of BlackBerry 10 phones (though I know the Z3 came recently). But all those numbers and letters.. I never liked Algebra, so I am glad to leave the combination of letters and numbers behind for now. Maybe the alphanumeric names will be for touch screen phones, and the regular names will be for physical keyboard devices? We'll see.
    06-19-14 09:59 PM
    I don't think there's an identity crisis ahead for BlackBerry. Especially now, as they are bringing the Passport, which is a truly unique device, and the Classic, which will be immediately spotted as a BlackBerry.

The addition of the Amazon store is just a plus for future buyers. Now they have the possibility to get them right from the device and they won't care if it's BlackBerry or not, or if it's native or not, as long as they work properly.
    06-20-14 04:54 AM
    For me, this demonstrates the power of a BlackBerry. Sure one might argue that maybe we should all go Android due to this but for some users that had communication as a driving factor, this isn't a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:58 AM