I just bought a bbQ10. It's a great phone and os10 is an amazing mobile platform. But I have had some problems that are really disappointing.

For example the preloaded foursquare app is great for quickly finding something but when it opens the location on the BlackBerry map app it can't find the location. This is partly because I don't live in north America but it doesn't make sense to me foursquare knows the location but BlackBerry maps doesn't. I'm a developer so I can make pretty good guesses on what's going on but I don't really care who's problem it is in the end it doesn't work and is annoying.

I travel lots so I got the BlackBerry travel app. It's a great idea but it doesn't work well. It leaves a void of empty space at the bottom like it forgot to resize when the top menu collapses plus it's painfully slow. It just seems sloppy.

My calendar app hides all appointments in a bright blue box when that day is selected. I have to select another day so I can see if anything is booked for that day at a glance. Not a huge deal but again it just seems sloppy.

Don't get me started with the contacts I have a contact auto linked that will not allow me to unlink.

It's a great os and for the most part I love it there are just a lot of little things missing. I can get over it but I still hope 10.3 will be a little more polished

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 11:50 AM
    I can get over it but I still hope 10.3 will be a little more polished

Posted via CB10
    It is. Full stop.
    grover5 and lockedtight like this.
    05-12-14 11:53 AM
    yep. 10.3 is fully fleshed out BBOS10
    05-12-14 12:01 PM
    yep. 10.3 is fully fleshed out BBOS10
    Like 10.2? Then 10.2.1?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    05-12-14 01:02 PM
    It is. Full stop.
    I will agree with this if the contacts issue is finally resolved in 10.3.
    Among other things :P

05-12-14 01:03 PM
    Like 10.2? Then 10.2.1?

This post
    .. man common sense. you can always improve things

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-12-14 05:52 PM
    This post
    .. man common sense. you can always improve things

That's the truth. And blackberry 10 has a long way to go before it is polished.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist over that comment, don't see it as an insult to bb10. I mean it in that bb10 has huge potential that it simply is not fulfilling yet.
    I think if bb10 can last the next few years and keep up with and adapt to new technology (wearables looks like the new focus) then it can be a real player as it matures and devs get used to it

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-12-14 07:17 PM
    Hi OP. Glad to hear you're mostly enjoying BB10.

I can't speak to your map issues, fortunate to be in Canada, but can you elaborate on what your calendar is doing? Which view are you trying to see your appointments from?

As for contacts - a lot of people seem to have trouble that. I think if you search there was somewhere a thread about it where someone had found an app that helped. Sorry I can't be of more help, my contacts seem to fine - but then I mostly ignore the app itself and just pull up my contacts when and where I need them.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 07:18 PM
    Hi OP. Glad to hear you're mostly enjoying BB10.

I can't speak to your map issues, fortunate to be in Canada, but can you elaborate on what your calendar is doing? Which view are you trying to see your appointments from?

As for contacts - a lot of people seem to have trouble that. I think if you search there was somewhere a thread about it where someone had found an app that helped. Sorry I can't be of more help, my contacts seem to fine - but then I mostly ignore the app itself and just pull up my contacts when and where I need them.

Posted via CB10
    If its contact x then it doesn't solve the issue.
    It helps manage the frustration levels and eases managing the issue but it doesn't make the problem go away

05-12-14 07:20 PM
    Everyone has their own definition of fully polished. For me I don't think 10.3 will meet my definition.

I would need notifications as good as 7.1. I would need phone number blacklisting. I would need a reliable contacts app.

BB10 will be fully polished when OS7.1 can no longer do things that 10 can't. When no other OS has basic options like call blocking that 10 can't match. Then it's fully polished.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    kylef5993 likes this.
    05-12-14 07:25 PM
    Everyone has their own definition of fully polished. For me I don't think 10.3 will meet my definition.

I would need notifications as good as 7.1. I would need phone number blacklisting. I would need a reliable contacts app.

BB10 will be fully polished when OS7.1 can no longer do things that 10 can't. When no other OS has basic options like call blocking that 10 can't match. Then it's fully polished.

Agreed different explanation

05-12-14 07:33 PM
    , but can you elaborate on what your calendar is doing? Which view are you trying to see your appointments from?
    Today I have a 4 hour appointment. As such it shows up as a little vertical line for today's date which is great. But if the day is selected the entire box is one bright blue colour. All I see is one bright blue box and I have to select another day just to see the appointment lines which makes what's supposed to be a quick glance into a multi step process.

Sometimes it works where the lines appear as an an inverted colour but mostly it's just a bright blue box

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 03:52 AM
    It's not about adding more features that makes it have an unpolished feel to it. Having the features you mentioned will not make bb10 polished it will just make it have more features. I just want any aforementioned features to work more smartly or to at least look finished like when blank voids are left behind when a menu collapses.

For the most part bb10 is very slick and seems very polished but once you get in deeper there are many things that feel rushed or forgotten.

Posted via CB10
    allengeorge likes this.
    05-13-14 04:41 AM
    There are any things that didn't works flawless in 10.2.1 but I live my os.
    If course it would be nice if BlackBerry would find the time for fixing bugs in the main features and one of my most missing features is an integrated rss feed reader like in bbos
    I'm using Feed Minder right now and it's nice but really leggy and have to run in an active frame if you want notification.
    But I will leave my flowerfield. And I'm think there will be no newsfeed integration like before... to bad

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 05:00 AM
    Today I have a 4 hour appointment. As such it shows up as a little vertical line for today's date which is great. But if the day is selected the entire box is one bright blue colour. All I see is one bright blue box and I have to select another day just to see the appointment lines which makes what's supposed to be a quick glance into a multi step process.

Sometimes it works where the lines appear as an an inverted colour but mostly it's just a bright blue box

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how it's solved on the Q10 but on my Z10, when I highlight a day, all appointments of that day get listed underneath the calendar. Maybe you'll have to scroll, which would still be annoying.
    05-13-14 05:28 AM
    I don't know how it's solved on the Q10 but on my Z10, when I highlight a day, all appointments of that day get listed underneath the calendar. Maybe you'll have to scroll, which would still be annoying.
    Nope no scrolling on the Q10... here is an example:

Bb10 is great... but it feels unpolished-img_20140513_173947.png

Notice appointments on today's day.

Bb10 is great... but it feels unpolished-img_20140513_173954.png

now notice when the day is selected you don't know what's going on.

If you look close it's actually still there the colour is just very close. I haven't yet looked at customisation but these OOB mess ups like this annoy me. I shouldn't have to customise the colour just so I can see the appointments. Not really a big deal and maybe I'm nitpicking but it's what I call unpolished.

Posted via CB10

Edit: I changed the colour and all is well plus it was very simple but I still think bb should have been smart enough to invert the colour

Attachment 270146
    05-13-14 05:49 AM
    I should have read the initial post more closely. I didn't realize the OP had a Q10. No wonder I couldn't figure out what he was talking about.

As you say, in month view on the Z10 the appointments show up under the calendar. I actually quite like it, although I usually use agenda view anyway.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 06:48 PM
    For the calendar issue I believe it's because your calendar color is set to blue. My default is green so I am still able to see if I have appointments with the bar (even though I have a z10 and it shows at the bottom). If you go into the calendar settings and hit manage then go to your local calendar or whichever you use and change the color.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 06:53 PM

I agree. The 10.3 leaks really don't impress me. Still a lot of work to do. I know it's a new OS so don't freak out at me. Just saying it really needs work
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-13-14 08:12 PM
    I agree. The 10.3 leaks really don't impress me. Still a lot of work to do. I know it's a new OS so don't freak out at me. Just saying it really needs work
    Lol you got a leak in the early development stage.. it wasn't meant to impress you. Smh people and attitude

Posted with zee flicking coolest smartphone evah
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-13-14 08:28 PM
    It is unpolished, that's why. It?s a new os, built from scratch. I will say that BlackBerry has been good at reliably adding polish with each update. BB10 was riddled with issues when it came out. These things, hopefully, will continue to be addressed.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 10:30 PM
    For the calendar issue I believe it's because your calendar color is set to blue. My default is green so I am still able to see if I have appointments with the bar (even though I have a z10 and it shows at the bottom). If you go into the calendar settings and hit manage then go to your local calendar or whichever you use and change the color.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I figured it out but thanks for the tip. The point is less about if I can change it and more about that I shouldn't have to OOB just to see the appointments properly.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-13-14 10:41 PM
    There are any things that didn't works flawless in 10.2.1 but I live my os.
    If course it would be nice if BlackBerry would find the time for fixing bugs in the main features and one of my most missing features is an integrated rss feed reader like in bbos
    I'm using Feed Minder right now and it's nice but really leggy and have to run in an active frame if you want notification.
    But I will leave my flowerfield. And I'm think there will be no newsfeed integration like before... to bad

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried gnewsreader?

I too hope they make their own Rss app. I even made a suggestion for them to either make a news HUB or integrate Rss into the current HUB rather than a separate app. Hopefully it can/will be done

emPowered by ?
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-13-14 11:12 PM
    I'm a developer so I can make pretty good guesses on what's going on but I don't really care who's problem it is in the end it doesn't work and is annoying.

Posted via CB10
    I look forward to you bringing polished apps to BlackBerry world!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 11:16 PM
    I look forward to you bringing polished apps to BlackBerry world!

Posted via CB10
    Lol!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-13-14 11:27 PM
43 12