10.3.3 SDK is out for devs. So apparently BB10 is still under development.

Sent via Passport!
    10.3.3 is a bug fix release. There might be some hardware support changes, but where is Qt5 support? And when it comes out, you will see that there are not new features.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 12:34 PM
    Dev Elites have it under NDA. I just so happen to know one. That's all I will say. Leaks are killing BlackBerry. So that's all I will say.

Sent via Passport!
    There is an NDA so they can't say what hardware support is included and won't be able to say that there isn't any new features. What is killing BlackBerry isn't leaks, it is the fact that they are not upgrading BlackBerry 10 to support Qt5.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-21-15 12:36 PM
    Why does BlackBerry themselves say they remain committed?
    The say they are committed but their actions indicate otherwise:

Native Roadmap -> Missing "roadmap" template for "downloads" controller

Android Roadmap -> Missing "roadmap" template for "tools" controller

Now it could be they are working on some big reveal and just have not noticed that the sites have been saying that for the past several days, or more likely since there is no direction no one has noticed. I hate to say that because I do prefer BB10 to iOS and Android devices but at least for now it looks like they have shelved it.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 12:46 PM
    Osbone Effect. HP was committed to WebOS until they killed it.
    I'm still angry at HP for that...
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    08-21-15 12:59 PM
    The say they are committed but their actions indicate otherwise:

Native Roadmap -> Missing "roadmap" template for "downloads" controller

Android Roadmap -> Missing "roadmap" template for "tools" controller

Now it could be they are working on some big reveal and just have not noticed that the sites have been saying that for the past several days, or more likely since there is no direction no one has noticed. I hate to say that because I do prefer BB10 to iOS and Android devices but at least for now it looks like they have shelved it.
    That is hilarious. It was there yesterday for the native SDK. People are complaining about it so they just removed it as opposed to actually creating a road map. Trying to cover up the fact that they don't have any future plans for BlackBerry 10.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 01:09 PM
    That is hilarious. It was there yesterday for the native SDK. People are complaining about it so they just removed it as opposed to actually creating a road map. Trying to cover up the fact that they don't have any future plans for BlackBerry 10.
    Gonna add more to the conspiracy theory.

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 01:11 PM
    Gonna add more to the conspiracy theory.

Sent via Passport!
    No theory. It is based on evidence from BlackBerry themselves. Why would they remove it is they were conformable with saying that TBD unless the TBD is that there will be no road map and no new features.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 01:14 PM

Sent via Passport!
    Google the Osborne Effect, mate. When you're a company under fiscal pressure and you're trying to remain cashflow positive while you roll out whatever strategy is being tried to save/revitalise the company, there is one rule: lie. Not obfuscate, not dissemble, but flat-out lie. They need poor saps buying BB10 devices until November. If they acknowledge that their primary efforts, i.e. Android, have move beyond merely including runtime and the Amazon Store to actually forming the software foundation, people stop buying BB10s, except for the 25-50k truly die-hard BBers with money to burn that will snatch-up five of the devices at reduced cost, like end-time survivalists waiting out The Rapture.
    08-21-15 01:16 PM
    Google the Osborne Effect, mate. When you're a company under fiscal pressure and you're trying to remain cashflow positive while you roll out whatever strategy is being tried to save/revitalise the company, there is one rule: lie. Not obfuscate, not dissemble, but flat-out lie. They need poor saps buying BB10 devices until November. If they acknowledge that their primary efforts, i.e. Android, have move beyond merely including runtime and the Amazon Store to actually forming the software foundation, people stop buying BB10s, except for the 25-50k truly die-hard BBers with money to burn that will snatch-up five of the devices at reduced cost, like end-time survivalists waiting out The Rapture.
    I have already got my two spare Z30's in the box as those will be the last BB10 full touch full feature (Edge is a down grade from Z30) devices ever made by BlackBerry.
    08-21-15 01:19 PM
    BB has a lot of unsold BB10 phones, and so does BB's distribution partners. The day BB announces/confirms Android offerings, they'll essentially have to fire-sale the remaining BB10 products, which means a write-down. Chen would rather write down 20K BB10 phones than 200k BB10 phones, so by not confirming anything, he'll continue to get BB10 sales and deplete the inventory. If Android was announced, most potential customers would stop buying the EOL'd BB10 devices and wait for the Android ones that they knew would be supported in the future.

I know for many here, the story of the Osborne Computer company is before your time, but you might want to read about what the tech industry calls the Osborne Effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

Essentially, it is an example of announcing a future product too early, killing sales of your current product and thus costing you so much money that you aren't able to release your future product either...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    LuvULongTime and techvisor like this.
    08-21-15 01:22 PM
    10.3.3 is a bug fix release. There might be some hardware support changes, but where is Qt5 support? And when it comes out, you will see that there are not new features.
    I didn't think they released a SDK for the last digit updates, I taught it was 10.2.1, 10.3.1.... so next should be 10.4.1

So did he mean that "someone" is testing BB10.3.3?
    08-21-15 01:24 PM
    I have already got my two spare Z30's in the box as those will be the last BB10 full touch full feature (Edge is a down grade from Z30) devices ever made by BlackBerry.
    I'm accepting fate and getting the Nexus 6 successor when it comes out in October. I love BB10 but I can't languish in the bugfix hell that it's going to become. The quark was my very first smartphone and I've had a BB since then, even when I carried another platform as well. I just don't need that hassle anymore when BB's moving to Android anywise. Hopefully, I can add the Experience Suite to my Android phone when it becomes available.
    08-21-15 01:27 PM
    What can I say? At least two people on Crackberry had a business management class at uni.
    Uzi, Dunt Dunt Dunt and techvisor like this.
    08-21-15 01:30 PM
    We gotten too close, so Blackberry has to feed it.
    08-21-15 03:45 PM
    Bb10 is still supported. That's all they have to do to say they are committed to bb10. It doesn't mean they will continue to be in the future.

So now it looks like they will release an android slider, and also a bb10 slider with presumably no android runtime on it

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 03:57 PM
    No info on upcoming BB10 releases could be do to this......

Taking Action to Stop Leaks | Inside BlackBerry

And this.......

BlackBerry CEO Chen: Product leaks will face criminal prosecutions | BGR

There's also more.......

Then there was this......

Why BlackBerry could ditch its own OS for Android

Taken from the article above

"We don't comment on rumors or speculation, but we remain committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system,which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched," a BlackBerry spokeswoman said.

Chen lays down the law on leaks. We get no info and assume BB10 is dead.

Sent via Passport!
    A leak is a leak unless the source if coming from BlackBerry directly or indirectly. In this case it is called marketing.
    08-21-15 05:01 PM
    That one guy has been predicting the end of BB handsets since fall of 2013. The fact that you quoted him when he has been wrong at least four times prior is pretty hilarious. I guess if you say it often enough for long enough EVENTUALLY you will be correct.

I'll start:

LED light bulbs are old tech, they'll be gone within 12 months.
    Touch-screen mobile devices are old tech...
    Voice control is...
    Thought control is...
    08-21-15 05:54 PM
    Originally Posted by Bluenoser63
    Osbone Effect. HP was committed to WebOS until they killed it.

I'm still angry at HP for that...

What he said.
    08-21-15 06:03 PM
    These threads in General are beginning to look very much like the PlayBook threads of 20 months ago...

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    techvisor and gfondeur like this.
    08-21-15 06:33 PM
    These threads in General are beginning to look very much like the PlayBook threads of 20 months ago...

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    It is indeed PlayBook deja vu moment...BlackBerry strung its fans once with PlayBook uncertainty, it is about to do the same again with BB10 uncertainty. I still remember vividly how hopeful the community was regarding BB10 coming to PlayBook and then finally Thorsten dropped the atomic bomb and the fury...
    techvisor and gfondeur like this.
    08-21-15 06:41 PM
    Thank You M Chan.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 06:46 PM
    I'm sorry but with recent Leaks, especially the one with the bb10 apk, I can't hold it back anymore. I don't think there will be a 10.4. We may get 10.3.3. But they'll just be maintenance mode.

This depresses me deeply. I just want it to release already.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-21-15 06:49 PM
    Unless we get enough increased interest in BlackBerry by the regular consumer.

Which i think could happen as people wake up to the idea being spied upon by your phone isnt mandatory.

People will give up their privacy for ... for their PHONE(!), but, what if they find out they can have their phone and have their privacy too.

I know that's only to some extent, especially now with android firmly glued into the picture, which i for one am not too crazy about.

The future looks BLACK .... sort of ...
    08-21-15 10:37 PM

Sent via Passport!
    Those of us with PlayBooks know all too well BlackBerry's definition of "committed "

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower, techvisor and gfondeur like this.
    08-21-15 10:43 PM
    It's not just the lack of "leaks"....

It a total lack of any indication that BlackBerry is moving forward with BB10.
    And yet, they said 10.3.3 is comming.
    08-21-15 11:31 PM
172 1234 ...