Why nobody seems to remember that they blamed the chipset maker for their first (or second) BB10 delay?
    Now they say they can not get the code together.
    BB, companies that don't.
    Not a troll, just sick of it.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-02-12 05:26 PM
    i beginning to think that their only reason for the delay is to offload some more bb os7 devices.
    07-02-12 05:36 PM
    I fully remember the lie and said it was not the sole issue back then and it obviously wasnt. I am sure many people remember it but its water under the bridge and RIM has much more problems then the previous excuse and the delay from q1 2012 to "late" 2012.
    07-02-12 05:41 PM
    i beginning to think that their only reason for the delay is to offload some more bb os7 devices.
    No, that wouldn't be a plausible reason.

They need BB10 to compete, and with every day it's delayed - they company takes a beating. If it were ready, they would release it.

BB7 devices can be discounted heavily in order to offload - especially in developing countries where many don't have the need/finances for a top-tier phone.

It's all about RIM and how poorly they're operating and managed, and the lack of skills in software and product development and execution.
    07-02-12 05:43 PM
    If that is the plan it is a horrible one. RIM did virtually nothing to promote OS7 or the devices
    that run them and further exacerbated the problem by announcing BB10 far too early.

BB10 effectively cut the legs out from under OS7 and at this late stage there is very little
    RIM can do to offload more OS7 devices short of a major ad blitz coupled with a
    substantial price drop.
    07-02-12 05:49 PM
    If that is the plan it is a horrible one. RIM did virtually nothing to promote OS7 or the devices
    that run them and further exacerbated the problem by announcing BB10 far too early.

BB10 effectively cut the legs out from under OS7 and at this late stage there is very little
    substantial price drop
    Let's just hope that if they do that they'd go with a better advertising agency than the
    one who came up with those God awful commercials.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-02-12 05:53 PM
    Let's just hope that if they do that they'd go with a better advertising agency than the
    one who came up with those God awful commercials.
    What "God awful" commercials? Here in the States, there were none.

Well, I suppose there were a couple of those "Be Bold" ads that did nothing.

Otherwise, all the others were youtube commercials that I don't count, because no one sees those unless they go out of there way to look for them. And who goes looking for a BlackBerry commercial?
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    07-02-12 06:27 PM
    Why nobody seems to remember that they blamed the chipset maker for their first (or second) BB10 delay?
    I wouldn't say "nobody" remembers it. Sure, I do.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FJiDFVoOo[/YT]

(sorry for the long clip... ff to about :45 for the good part )
    Last edited by Thunderbuck; 07-02-12 at 07:51 PM.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    07-02-12 06:33 PM
    It doesn't help that a Sprint rep told a customer, who wanted to upgrade her BB to a newer one, that you can't Facebook or Tweet with a Blackberry. He was pushing her toward an Android phone. (This was Sprint pre-iPhone. I'm sure they're pushing iPhones now...)
    07-02-12 07:40 PM
    Almost everyone knew it was a lie. If bb10 was ready, it would have launched with the older chips. It wasnt
    07-02-12 07:42 PM
    What "God awful" commercials? Here in the States, there were none.

Well, I suppose there were a couple of those "Be Bold" ads that did nothing.

Otherwise, all the others were youtube commercials that I don't count, because no one sees those unless they go out of there way to look for them. And who goes looking for a BlackBerry commercial?
    Like the ones with the guy that sells some stuff over the internet Can't remember what.
    Or the one with the two hairstylists. They were stupid.
    07-02-12 07:48 PM

substantial price drop.
    I picked up the 9810 from AT&T for $49 on launch day. And there were still boatloads a month later when I picked one up for my wife. Not sure how much cheaper you can go to grab market share. Five dollar 9900s?
    07-02-12 07:56 PM
    Like the ones with the guy that sells some stuff over the internet Can't remember what.
    Or the one with the two hairstylists. They were stupid.
    And the one with a chick who writes a thousand emails a day.
    07-02-12 07:59 PM
    And the one with a chick who writes a thousand emails a day.
    Anyone else think she's super hot?
    07-02-12 08:06 PM
    If you go back and look you'll prolly see that the lte chipset wasn't avaible. I just can't remember if it just wasn't avaible at all or just to some manufactors at the time. It seems like someone got a hold of them first.
    I haven't been able to find a statement from Rim saying that they are delaying because the OS isn't finished. I have read a lot of peoples post speculating that is the reason.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 07-02-12 at 08:14 PM.
    07-02-12 08:07 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ[/YT]
    WinningWithLogic and brucep1 like this.
    07-02-12 08:11 PM
    Mike L was also fat and balding. I think you're on to something.
    07-02-12 08:14 PM
    Fat yes, but he looked like he had a head thick head of hair.
    07-02-12 09:04 PM
    Mike L told the truth! From a certain point of view... Basically the Alpha Device.
    07-02-12 09:05 PM
    I noticed that all those who believed RIMs lame chip excuse (and who insisted that the ones who didn't believe it were either nuts or trolls) seem to be very quiet on the subject.

Who's looking foolish now?
    07-02-12 10:15 PM
    Has anyone thought about that since it took them time to get the chipset, that it may have proven to been more of a challenge to get bb10 and all of its components to work properly than what they expected.

Just because we were not told all of the details, dosent mean they lied either, sounds like someone just is looking for a reason to bash rim.

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 10:27 PM
    Because it's technology, I'm pretty sure RIM wasn't the only ones in line for this chipset. But why say a person is lying if you don't have proof to show they were lying.
    07-02-12 10:30 PM
    Or that the OS has changed shape from when that statement was made. Might have been PB OS2 on a phone when he said that. Carriers wanted LTE so RIM took the opportunity to take the OS to a more competitive level.
    VerryBestr likes this.
    07-02-12 11:32 PM
    Or that the OS has changed shape from when that statement was made. Might have been PB OS2 on a phone when he said that. Carriers wanted LTE so RIM took the opportunity to take the OS to a more competitive level.
    I agree. Here is a repost of what I wrote in a previous thread on this very same topic:

| http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post7445356

Just saying that Lazaridis lied is a gross oversimpiification, even a kind of lie itself.

He did not say that BB10 was ready. In addition to the need to wait for new chips, he also mentioned the big "catch-all" of "and other factors" as a reason for waiting. He may have wanted to draw attention away from software development problems, but that does not mean that RIM did NOT also have valid reasons on the hardware side to wait.

There are valid technical reasons to wait for the S4. It will offer the best shot yet at an LTE phone with good battery life, for two main reasons: it is the first mobile processor to be manufactured wtih a 28nm process, and it has a fully integrated LTE (+ just about everything else) modem on-chip.

Having decided to wait for that chip, RIM undoubtedly raised its sights on the software side too. Whatever RIM gets out for BB10 now will be quite different from what RIM might have been able to get out in an earlier effort.

When did RIM decide to port Cascades over Qt? That must have been a major effort. But Cascades was usable in an earlier form, as seen in a couple of PlayBook apps like the calculator. Perhaps RIM could have rolled out a BB10 with this earlier form of Cascades without Qt.

Perhaps RIM could have pushed out a version of BB10 with the BB7 PIM and email running in a Java/BB7 emulator, as originally planned. Who knows why RIM dropped that effort. Perhaps memory usage forced RIM to choose between that emulator and the Android emulator. Or perhaps Oracle's licensing terms forced RIM to choose between Android and Java on BB10. So perhaps they could have dropped the Android stuff and gone with a BB7/Java emulator to get out BB10.

My point is that perhaps RIM could have pushed out something with an earlier chip. No one outside RIM really knows. If so, this phone would have had poorer performance and less ambitious software than RIM is now targeting
    07-03-12 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD