CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 on cameras

I been hearing alot about how QNX/BB10 will be able to run on different machines and I was just wondering if there was the possibility of it being able to run on cameras since Samsung recently introduced their new camera running android and if BB10 does have the possibility of running on cameras would it be beneficial to Rim by forming a partnership with someone like Nikon.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Default Re: BB10 on cameras

At this point, I don't see any partnerships outside of mobile computing and existing car deals.

Maybe if BB10 is successful down the road in 5 or so years. But even then, I personally don't see any benefits.
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would say that Android (and BB10) are overkill for a camera. Cellphones are turning more into generalized mobile computing devices, but a camera is a camera, why have a general-purpose OS on there?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Browsing web on a camera? Playing game on a camera? Oh com' on. The only reasonable option is uploading pics on the go. But it is absolutely over kill for a camera to have an os like android or bb or even ios
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

I still think RIM will make a huge comeback.
    Dear God... I don't ask you to make my life easier.. But I ask you to give me strength to face all my trouble !!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by daves_25 View Post
    I would say that Android (and BB10) are overkill for a camera. Cellphones are turning more into generalized mobile computing devices, but a camera is a camera, why have a general-purpose OS on there?
    Totally agree. I can't see any advantages to having an OS of that power on a camera, it's kinda ridiculous... and the same would go for BB10.
    That said, if manufacturers are going to put a full OS on a camera, I'd much rather have some amount of security, which Android (frankly) doesn't offer.

Si.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baolam86 View Post
    Browsing web on a camera? Playing game on a camera? Oh com' on. The only reasonable option is uploading pics on the go. But it is absolutely over kill for a camera to have an os like android or bb or even ios
    Instant upload to whatever service you use. (flickr, smugmug, instagram). Being able to upload to cloud storage. Light editing

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2