Really impressed by BB10 browser. I was really looking forward to a powerful Cascades browser, but seeing it in action and realizing the gateway being opened by HTML5 apps for BB10, it seems like a natural decision to code the browser in the language for which it speaks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 01:28 PM
    Mind blown.
    09-25-12 01:46 PM
    Its looking good so far. I like the web sharing part.
    09-25-12 01:48 PM
    Isn't the web sharing part already in every other OS to varying degrees?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-12 01:58 PM
    The new browser regains the top spot for html5 compliance.

New score is 465. Just jumped 15 points past the Dolphin.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-25-12 07:44 PM
    Isn't the web sharing part already in every other OS to varying degrees?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    yes but many things about the OS are "new" by any means. Its good to see them all apart of the OS from the start though. It helps be on par with other platforms instead of starting behind.
    sf49ers likes this.
    09-25-12 07:58 PM
    Pardon my ignorance guys but what is the benefit of having the browser being a web app?
    09-26-12 12:46 PM
    Pardon my ignorance guys but what is the benefit of having the browser being a web app?
    Same question here, can anyone enlighten us?
    09-26-12 01:05 PM
    I'm not convinced that it actually IS a benefit in and of itself. What it demonstrates, though, is just how good the web SDK is and how well BB10 uses it.

When a user is hard pressed to tell the difference between a WebWorks app and a C++ Cascades app, it shows just how versatile the platform is.
    09-26-12 01:19 PM
    one reason I could think of is low memory foot print since you don't need to load any other libs into the memory apart from the Webkit binaries when you use the browser for eg: Qt or Cacades UI libs etc.
    09-26-12 01:20 PM
    I think they've made the browser a web app because they plan some backward compatibility with WebWorks and legacy BB devices. Imagine BBO7 running a better BB10 browser. Why else make it a webapp? They have the power of cascades there's definitley a reason behind their doing so
    09-26-12 02:02 PM
    Which video did you see the browser? I saw it on some but it wasn't loading pages or anything. Just bookmarks.
    09-26-12 02:06 PM
    Which video did you see the browser? I saw it on some but it wasn't loading pages or anything. Just bookmarks.
    Go to the RIM website and check out there utube channel.
    09-26-12 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD