Everything about bb10 seems really creative. The 2 x 2 grid of running apps, the "peek" notification thing, and everything else.
    Except the home screen...
    There is nothing different about it compared to android and apple. it's icons layed out in a grid. When everything is so creative but then you see the home screen, it doesn't keep the consistency with the creativeness.
    Anyone agree? What could be changed for a more I interesting app layout?
    I like it, but I just think they could really top it off with one more unique layout or feature.
    06-20-12 07:21 PM
    Well apart from grid there is no other way to lay out apps.
    Give me one other way you can lay out apps apart from a list, and i doubt people want a list on there homescreen
    06-20-12 07:25 PM
    Well apart from grid there is no other way to lay out apps.
    Give me one other way you can lay out apps apart from a list, and i doubt people want a list on there homescreen
    06-20-12 07:25 PM
    I've been using grid layout of apps since my Treo 600. Not many ways to do it.
    06-20-12 07:29 PM
    Changing things for the sake of being different is a bad way to design things. This is how the 3 major platforms are designed:

iOS is designed to be invisible. Either you're in an application or you're in the process of opening one. Controls are simple and design language is mandated so everything is consistent, easy to learn and unobtrusive. As a result, the home screen is little more than a grid of icons.

Android designed to be tailored to the user. To accommodate this, the home screen is a blank canvas that the user can configure however he or she so desires and default applications are easily replaced with whatever the user prefers.

Windows Phone is designed to be glanceable. It accomplishes this with minimalistic design that emphasizes content, displaying information on the tiles when appropriate, and allowing important information within an app to be brought to the front.

I'm sure the final version of BB10 will be designed to function as intended, not to be dissimilar to everything else.
    Last edited by itmccb; 06-20-12 at 08:45 PM.
    06-20-12 08:01 PM
    Firstly, 4 live tiles or whatever they are is just not enough. I guess stuff like Mail and PIM might run constantly. Icons are okay.. I like the Homescreen panels more.. and I wasn't kicked when they took it out from the PB..

I would comment on the design but I will need to see it first..
    06-21-12 12:17 AM
    android has the best home screen imo customize your wallpaper choose your main
    apps and widgets or even folders if your phone is running ICS
    06-21-12 12:26 AM
    android has the best home screen imo customize your wallpaper choose your main
    apps and widgets or even folders if your phone is running ICS
    Yea I like the idea of having the choice of multiple homescreens and setting custom widgets like Facebook, weather, contacts, etc.
    06-21-12 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD