I have a question for all of you. I have a 9850 on Alltel (please stop laughing). I was wondering if I bought an unlocked BB10 phone if it would work on Alltel? They are a CDMA network. I have been with them for years. If they do not get the new BB10 phones I will switch to Verizon when my contract is up. I have just over 1 year left on it. I love my 9850, but I can not wait to get a BB10 phone. For those of you laughing at Alltel, I have unlimited talk, text and data for a whole lot less then any other carrier in Southern Illinois! The problem is they are about 2 years behind everyone else on phones! (heck they do not have the Iphone yet!)
    12-27-12 09:01 PM
    I have a question for all of you. I have a 9850 on Alltel (please stop laughing). I was wondering if I bought an unlocked BB10 phone if it would work on Alltel? They are a CDMA network. I have been with them for years. If they do not get the new BB10 phones I will switch to Verizon when my contract is up. I have just over 1 year left on it. I love my 9850, but I can not wait to get a BB10 phone. For those of you laughing at Alltel, I have unlimited talk, text and data for a whole lot less then any other carrier in Southern Illinois! The problem is they are about 2 years behind everyone else on phones! (heck they do not have the Iphone yet!)
    CDMA phones do not 'unlock' to other carriers. They are hard-flashed to the proprietary carrier, and other major carriers do not allow the others to import devices onto their networks. The discounted carriers sometimes allow a flashed phone, but knowing Alltel, you'll be looking to move to Verizon after your contract is up, if you want 10.
    12-28-12 11:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply, BergerKing. I will be moving to Verizon if Alltel does not have them!
    12-30-12 09:32 PM