Just when you think these threads are over, they pull you back in!

All I got to say is BBOS7 even with no hardware upgrade since 2011 are still relevant today. Go figure.
    04-23-14 12:35 PM
    Just when you think these threads are over, they pull you back in!

All I got to say is BBOS7 even with no hardware upgrade since 2011 are still relevant today. Go figure.
    Which makes it crazy not to upgrade it IMHO, hardware and OS.

#believeinfilm
    madcat72 likes this.
    04-23-14 03:19 PM
    Really? Other then the qwerty keyboard what do they have in common?
    I think that is one reason why so many people are still using the legacy OS. If you make the jump from OS7 to BlackBerry 10, you've got to learn an entirely new OS. BlackBerry 10 doesn't have any thing that is exclusive about it. There is no BIS and BBM is multi-platform now, so if someone is going to leave a BlackBerry to learn a new OS, they might as well learn Android or iOS.
    04-23-14 04:38 PM
    I actually love BB7 however every time I switch back to my 9930 I end up returning to the Z10. Why? Ultimately it's the Web browser. I used to be accustomed to the slower loading times and mobile websites but now that I'm used to the faster browsing I can't deal with the 9930 anymore. Also, dealing with cloud accounts on the 9930 is crazy dumb. I've gotten spoiled with how well dropbox works on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:21 PM
    I thought the rumored Q20 was to appeal to old BB7 user who loves trackpad and physical buttons. Maybe you will consider that device once it is out.
    04-23-14 10:37 PM
    I thought the rumored Q20 was to appeal to old BB7 user who loves trackpad and physical buttons. Maybe you will consider that device once it is out.
    Yep, exactly what I am thinking.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:47 PM
    yeah im really done with my bb7 work phone crashing daily, dying when the battery is at 50% and the track pad ignoring my thumb. Oh yeah, its slow as hell too.
    If the battery dies when it still shows 50%, it's likely that you need a new battery. My Torch had the same issue. A new battery fixed it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30!
    04-24-14 12:00 AM
    If the battery dies when it still shows 50%, it's likely that you need a new battery. My Torch had the same issue. A new battery fixed it.

Or check to see if the device monitor switch is set to switch off power at 50% this can be adjusted down.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:02 AM
    I use to have a BlackBerry os 7 but with constant updates and new apps being added to BlackBerry 10 I'm finding the reason for people to get a BlackBerry os 7 less and less. Yet they still are outselling BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    Most people who buy a BlackBerry OS7 device buy it because it's cheap and/or easy to use because they've used it for years. What makes most of those people "stupid" is, if BlackBerry OS7 went out of production tomorrow, any device those people buy will come with a learning curve, but BB10 will be the one that pays off in the end due to its ease of use.

04-24-14 12:06 AM
    The reason why BB7 is simpler and better is just because of the tool belt. It saves a lot of precious seconds every day. In all other aspects BB10 wins hands down. Had they brought it in the BB10 goodness and processing power in BB7 it would have been the best thing. Hoping they do that perfectly with the Q20/Classic.
    Please explain how the tool belt saves time.

04-24-14 12:09 AM

Also can they move the hub in with the settings menu and make them both pull downs from the top of the screen?

Posted via CB10
    You mean, like an Android device? No thanks.

04-24-14 12:14 AM
    I think that is one reason why so many people are still using the legacy OS. If you make the jump from OS7 to BlackBerry 10, you've got to learn an entirely new OS. BlackBerry 10 doesn't have any thing that is exclusive about it. There is no BIS and BBM is multi-platform now, so if someone is going to leave a BlackBerry to learn a new OS, they might as well learn Android or iOS.
    And that kind of thinking is why BlackBerry is in their current situation. What do iOS/Android have to offer bit a ****ty user experience. I used a Galaxy S3 for a few days, and it was the most unproductive device I have ever laid my hands upon.

04-24-14 12:21 AM
    The trackpad is faster at selecting text, and it's faster to navigate around certain apps with it, especially the browser.

Physical call buttons allow you to answer and hang up calls without even looking at the screen.

The dedicated menu and back buttons round out the toolbelt nicely, because if you need to, you can navigate, select, cut, paste, etc. without even having to touch the screen and with minimal movement of your thumb.

Try navigating around a Z30 with one hand. You will have to stretch quite a bit and you will not be nearly as quick as you would be using a legacy device with one hand. You will quickly see how efficient and convenient a toolbelt can be.
    AmritD and neoberry99 like this.
    04-24-14 12:31 AM

You really need this explained to you?

1) end call means end call, no more waiting for screen to wake up, or making sure the phone is away from your ear to hang up
    2) text selection and trackpad
    3 opening the phone app without looking at the device

I guess you did need this explained to you after all.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.2228
    04-24-14 12:32 AM
    And that kind of thinking is why BlackBerry is in their current situation. What do iOS/Android have to offer bit a ****ty user experience. I used a Galaxy S3 for a few days, and it was the most unproductive device I have ever laid my hands upon.

You really think that the user experience on Android and iOS is bad in most people's opinion? Come on now. If that were the case, than why aren't those platforms losing users like BlackBerry has been?

But you didn't address my main point. What does BB10 do that is exclusive? Say what you will about legacy devices, but at least they do offer BIS, which is a unique and exclusive feature.

You've got to remember, not all BlackBerry users are pathetic, delusional fanboys/girls who will automatically rush out and buy anything and everything that says "BlackBerry" on it. For those users, who use a device based on their needs, what reason do they have to leave OS7 and learn BB10 instead of moving to Android or iOS?
    04-24-14 06:40 AM
    The trackpad is faster at selecting text, and it's faster to navigate around certain apps with it, especially the browser.

Physical call buttons allow you to answer and hang up calls without even looking at the screen.

The dedicated menu and back buttons round out the toolbelt nicely, because if you need to, you can navigate, select, cut, paste, etc. without even having to touch the screen and with minimal movement of your thumb.

Try navigating around a Z30 with one hand. You will have to stretch quite a bit and you will not be nearly as quick as you would be using a legacy device with one hand. You will quickly see how efficient and convenient a toolbelt can be.
    The only thing I'd find a toolbet useful for is for those X ads when I stream European soccer lol. Every other reason I find griping

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    04-24-14 09:23 AM
    You really need this explained to you?

1) end call means end call, no more waiting for screen to wake up, or making sure the phone is away from your ear to hang up
    2) text selection and trackpad
    3 opening the phone app without looking at the device

I guess you did need this explained to you after all.

Just a quickie... why would you want to open an app without looking?

04-24-14 09:26 AM
    You really think that the user experience on Android and iOS is bad in most people's opinion? Come on now. If that were the case, than why aren't those platforms losing users like BlackBerry has been?

But you didn't address my main point. What does BB10 do that is exclusive? Say what you will about legacy devices, but at least they do offer BIS, which is a unique and exclusive feature.

You've got to remember, not all BlackBerry users are pathetic, delusional fanboys/girls who will automatically rush out and buy anything and everything that says "BlackBerry" on it. For those users, who use a device based on their needs, what reason do they have to leave OS7 and learn BB10 instead of moving to Android or iOS?
    Incase you haven't figured out, careers are trying to get rid of BIS.. so it's no lasting advantage

04-24-14 09:27 AM
    Just a quickie... why would you want to open an app without looking?

Ummm...so you don't have to look at the phone to swipe left to answer or end a call. tactile memory versus having to look at something to accomplish what you want to do...

04-24-14 09:38 AM
    Incase you haven't figured out, careers are trying to get rid of BIS.. so it's no lasting advantage

They're not, in UK they're fazing BB10 yet still sell BBOS with BIS, one carrier in particular now only sells BBOS BIS devices.

So nope, in UK at least, they're not trying to get rid of BIS.

BIS fees? That's a different matter and they're probably trying to reduce those.

#believeinfilm
    Raddin likes this.
    04-24-14 10:00 AM
    The only thing I'd find a toolbet useful for is for those X ads when I stream European soccer lol. Every other reason I find griping

Get whatever works best for you and be happy.
    JohnnyTwo-Shoes likes this.
    04-24-14 10:28 AM
    Ummm...so you don't have to look at the phone to swipe left to answer or end a call. tactile memory versus having to look at something to accomplish what you want to do...

Personally I know left from right without a button to orient me, and even if I didn't nine times out of ten I'm already looking at my screen to see the number of the incoming call. Ending calls is a little easier now since the button extends across the bottom of the screen instead of all the way on the right, equally easy for left or right handers to use.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 10:34 AM
    Use qnx and keep the bios ui, options and function. You can't reinvent the wheel only up to a certain point

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:15 AM

Actually no I don't. But I don't mind looking as I'd have to look at who's calling anyways!! Stop with the groping at straws

04-24-14 11:33 AM
    Myself, I would never go back to BBOS. It was OK for what it is but just too many issues with it that I don't think mire hardware would fix. I wouldn't mind some options and settings from it but definitely not BIS unless they find a way to make it nit be a total drag on your whole system.
    04-24-14 11:39 AM
89 1234