Hello everyone, I'm posting in CB as I'm interested in getting first hand Perspective on the use of a BB Z10. I'm looking to purchase one used but I'm unsure to get it compared to a lumia 925. What are your experiences with the Z10?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-09-14 07:34 AM
    Is the BlackBerry z30 an option or does it have to be the z10? I personally have never used the WP but a super Windows fanboy at work has one and was recently provided a work issued z10. Despite resisting, he finally admitted that he liked the BlackBerry more.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:40 AM
    The z30 isn't really an option for me as my limit is around 250$. I'm kind of taking a leap of faith. I had the nexus, went to the iPhone 5, them the note3(giving android a chance again), back to the iPhone. I realized I have never tried a blackberry 10 device or given it a chance. So I want functionality as well as what I do on my iPhone. (School work editing, reading international news, and playing the occasional game).

03-09-14 08:09 AM
    I had a lumia 810 prior to any updates and wasn't crazy about it but people said Nokia has improved with recent updates but I'm looking at the Z10 which is the same price as the 925, and I'm unsure of how to decide.

03-09-14 08:10 AM
    Don't know if I will be of any help but my wife prefers her Lumia 920 over my Z10 that she used for a month after I got my Z30. They are all pretty darn good these days and it depends more on how and what you use them for. With the exception of the screen size and battery life the Z10 is as good as this Z30 for what I do with my phone. I could live with my wife's Lumia but prefer the more practical nature of the Z30.

Posted via CB 10 on Z30
    03-09-14 08:31 AM
    I should think that unless you have some specific apps you just have to have that aren't available on BB and don't want the extra effort required to sideload, it comes down to services. WP has a native client for services like Lync, it has a genuine MS Office onboard instead of a third-party alternative like Docs To Go (which I personally love). I do know that in order to encrypt your memory (onboard or SD), you have to have some sort of enterprise setup to enable BitLocker whereas BB10 will allow you to encrypt these things at will.

If nothing I've mentioned here is on your table for consideration, then wouldn't it simply come down to UI preference?
    03-09-14 08:33 AM
    Thanks what I really would need is being able to push my emails, school and gmail. apps not really much but document viewer and editing, Facebook, news readers. I wouldn't mind side loading as long as it's stable( my main concern would be if I have to purchase an app?). How do in app purchases work for side loaded apps?

03-09-14 08:58 AM
    I have a Z10, wife has 925. We liked both until her 925 broke down. Only had it a couple of weeks. The ear speaker, as opposed to the loud speaker on the phone, went dead. Speakerphone works, and wired earphones work, just not the earpiece on the phone itself. I looked up the issue on Google and it seems to be a common problem with the Nokias (all models). The "fix" seems to be to take some headphones and plug it in and pull it out until the ear speaker on the phone decides to work again. There were updates that came out yesterday and the phones worked ever since, but if it happens again in the next few days, I'm sending it back. Otherwise I like the phone, and its features. Wifi calling works good on it if you are with T-Mobile. I love my z10 also, but waiting for a TMO update with Wifi calling. I have 10.2.1 installed since it came OTA on my unlocked phone. Google "Nokia 925 no sound". You'll see some posts from wpcentral.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:27 AM
    Thanks what I really would need is being able to push my emails, school and gmail. apps not really much but document viewer and editing, Facebook, news readers. I wouldn't mind side loading as long as it's stable( my main concern would be if I have to purchase an app?). How do in app purchases work for side loaded apps?

I can't answer you with regards to sideloaded apps because I'm a very extremely anti-Google Inc person and refuse to use Android related anything or Google services. Moving on,

Either platform can push your Gmail just fine. Viewing and working with documents, again, either but the exception being that WP does not support mass storage access for documents created in it's mobile Office, you have to email it or send it to the cloud. The mass storage access you do get with WP is odd, some stuff you can put on an SD card and access, some stuff you can't, and this assuming of course the WP you have in particular supports SD cards in the first place. At least on that subject you have full file management capability with BB, WP does not give you access or control of your general file trees, BlackBerry gives you a file manager onboard and you can navigate your device and SD memory, manipulate data (copy/move/delete) files back and forth between the two, create folders, etc.
    03-09-14 01:20 PM
    I believe Z30's can be picked up for $100 on Verizon contact

From a Z30
    03-09-14 04:31 PM
    Thanks what I really would need is being able to push my emails, school and gmail. apps not really much but document viewer and editing, Facebook, news readers. I wouldn't mind side loading as long as it's stable( my main concern would be if I have to purchase an app?)

I say the z10 is best, I am in college and I always have my emails in the phone. I get the emails before anyone else gets them( Android and iOS users) and they look way better. I had a lumia but it couldn't keep up with my z10 so I went back. You should definitely try it if not only for a day. You will notice a big difference from other phones.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-09-14 04:31 PM
    Thank you everyone, I'll be getting the z10 a few days.

dusdal, Q10Bold and daithiD like this.
    03-09-14 05:43 PM
    Can a verizon z10 be used on tmobile? I just realized it said verizon. I'm sorry. Thanks again everyone.

03-10-14 02:13 AM
    I'm certain if you unlocked it you could because once upon a time, I had a Verizon Bold 9650 unlocked and on Simple Mobile (a prepaid carrier powered exclusively by T-Mobile that offered BIS plans) and it worked just fine albeit on EDGE only. Being that the Z is 4G capable, I have no idea what you might end up with but for sure it can be done. Just be sure to reset everything, I did anyway (service books, host routing table, etc.)

I love seeing new BlackBerry users pop onboard, but I hope I didn't sell WP short. It is awesome in my opinion and plenty capable for the more productive sort, but I'm betting you're going to be a happy camper when you get your Z.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    03-10-14 07:45 AM
    Im using an unlocked z10 from Verizon on tmobile no lie

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 09:28 AM
    Im using an unlocked z10 from Verizon on tmobile no lie

Posted via CB10
    Do you have lte with tmobile? How is your service?

03-10-14 11:16 AM
    Idk what to compare it to but it works magnificently

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:20 AM