Dumbest post ive seen!

Posted via CB10
    acovey, Swave514, gvs1341 and 6 others like this.
    01-03-15 10:23 PM
    buy unlock then call carrier to activate it
    That only works if there is a phone model the carrier will provision: very important for Verizon/Sprint as they are CDMA. For example a unlocked Passport isn't going to be able to be used on Verizon/Sprint.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    01-03-15 10:23 PM
    Lol. What makes you think BlackBerry even needs to sell phones at all to "survive"? Software and services is much more profitable.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-03-15 10:26 PM
    This is a pretty dramatic thread. But I have to say sprint is not needed for survival by any manufacturer. BlackBerry has their work cut out for them but the lack of sprint support is the least of anyone's worries. Sprint is in a death spiral.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    01-03-15 10:37 PM
    Sprint may need BlackBerry for it's survival. I think BlackBerry wants the U.S. market and I believe they knew in advance that there was no/or weak carrier interest. I believe that is why they make the Passport available by direct purchasing through Amazon and Shop BlackBerry. I agree having active supportive carriers in the U.S. would be beneficial for the company. We have no idea of the large enterprise customers interest in either phone. Maybe enough units can be sold to the large corporate companies to then convince the carriers to also carry the phones.
    DJFLEX-mk2 likes this.
    01-03-15 10:54 PM
    Why should US carriers bother with BB.... they have made it abundantly clear that they have no interest in the devices or promoting them... If they put a quarter of the effort that they do for Apple or Android products ... BB would be successful in the states... BB can advertise all you want... but when the customer shows up to the carrier and they immediately misinform about BB and push the competition .. what is the point.... As the consumer market is not longer of interest to BB ..do not see how the US carriers fit any longer....
    NtotheK and thymaster like this.
    01-03-15 11:01 PM
    Why should US carriers bother with BB....[...] ..do not see how the US carriers fit any longer....
    You're thinking consumer only. US companies use US carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:27 PM
    You're thinking consumer only. US companies use US carriers.
    I suspect companies would be even more likely than consumers to purchase unlocked devices.
    01-03-15 11:28 PM
    I suspect companies would be even more likely than consumers to purchase unlocked devices.
    And? What network would they then be used on?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:30 PM
    Ideally, the carriers want exclusives. If they can't get that then they definitely want smartphones that sell in high volumes. They aren't really interested in any devices that they have to push - especially if this results in returns because the customer wanted some specific app they assumed would be available. It takes a lot more than a visit from the CEO to get your smartphone onto their network. It's not like Amazon which will carry pretty much anything.
    southlander likes this.
    01-03-15 11:48 PM
    It's over for most US customers. Yes. Rest of the world will do just fine I think.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    01-04-15 12:01 AM
    BlackBerry will never be what it once was or even close in the the U.S. but only providing the Classic through AT&T and Verizon is directly inline with Chen's comments around putting Enterprise first. 85% of Enterprise users in the US are on Verizon or AT&T.

When Chen says Corporate Enterprise, he's not referring to companies with a rather small amount of employees. He's referring to Government Agencies, Hospital Systems, Pharmaceutic Companies, etc. Those size companies don't get their phones from corporate stores although Verizon and AT&T both tweeted that they will begin selling the Classic early 2015. They have distributors that bring phones in the thousands to the IT departments at these corporations. If I have an issue with my Q10...I go to IT, grab a new phone, put my SIM in it, restore it, and have it activated back on the system.

Now with respect to consumer devices. OP...the same way you asked for leniency and for people to not jump on you, don't jump on this but Sprint is the least of BlackBerry's concerns just merely above T-Mobile. Sprint has never carried more than the Q10 and that was a short run. You can go online right now on Verizon's site and order a Z10, Q10, Z30, or even a Bold 9930 if you want one. With respect to AT&T you can go to Amazon.com or ShopBlackBerry.com and get any phone you want and then get a SIM from AT&T and T-Mo including the Passport and Classic.

So truth is, the only problem you have is you're with Sprint. Sorry, but the only BlackBerry problem may be not getting in the US fastest enough, but not being on Sprint is not an issue. Not to mention once Verizon goes full on voLTE they'll be available carrier unlocked as well.
    01-04-15 12:22 AM
    this is not bb fault its down to the users in the US for not supporting blackberry and getting there phones ,that is why the carriers stopped selling blackberrys so if you want to blame someone then start with the ppl who didn't buy blackberrys
    01-04-15 12:56 AM
    I am not from the US but, as I see it really is a sad situation for BBRY to be in!
    01-04-15 01:02 AM
    The OP brings up a legitimate concern for BB's future. In spite of the February release date announcement I'm still skeptical of new bb's coming to Verizon. I've spoken to sales reps I've known for years and they all say big red and BlackBerry are dead. February's right around the corner so we'll all know soon enough.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    01-04-15 01:06 AM
    i beg to differ sprint has not been a major carrier since they bought nextel many moons ago, they are the smallest of the big 4. other carriers are on board this has no statement or meaning.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    01-04-15 01:10 AM
    There is no extension for a Sprint BB 9630 , a phone that does not even have WIFI. Maybe just upgrade several rungs up to a used 9900.

Edit: misread 9930 as a 9630 my bad.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-04-15 at 10:27 PM.
    01-04-15 01:19 AM
    Just for the cdma argument. I looked it up. US Mobile is cdma and they have the classic and soon to be the passport in their network. Just saying.......

Posted via CB10
    George_B likes this.
    01-04-15 02:14 AM
    I am from the USA and to me the major carriers here are Verizon, T Mobile and AT&T and Sprint is a distant 4th. The one carrier that BlackBerry needs to patch up their relationship with is T Mobile, they where once the largest seller of BlackBerry devices here in the USA.

It's a shame to see what has happened to the BlackBerry brand here, but allot of it was self induced by BlackBerry, but that's water over the bridge. I believe the one device they need to market here is the Classic because you might be surprised how many folks out there miss their older BlackBerry and would jump back to the brand because the Classic would fit the bill.

I was in a Starbucks on New Years day and had my Classic sitting on the table while talking to a friend and several folks asked me if that was the new BlackBerry classic and I let them play with it and the majority said they would buy one if it where offered on Verizon or T Mobile.

They where amazed at how it could run Android apps and liked the new OS and thought that the 449.00 price was very reasonable. I told them about the lower specs compared to newer devices, but they didn't seem to mind, they just missed their old BlackBerry for messaging and email and they loved the forum factor of the device.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-04-15 04:06 AM
    1 quote with positivity & belief...

CB10 from my BBZ10 SuperSmartPhone
    01-04-15 04:30 AM
    Blackberry will survive I think, but if the handset division goes away would any of us be here? I'm in Canada, southern ontario and it is a bit concerning to walk through a mall and see the many abundant cell phone stores and kiosks with the endless stream of apple and android phones in nice displays and the odd neglected blackberry non working demo running a distant third.

If the handset division is to survive they need front and centre advertising with working models with knowlegable and enthusiastic staff which we don't have now in BlackBerry own backyard. If the situation in the USA (western NY area) is indicative of the general US it doesn't look good in the short term.

With all that said if they keep doing what they are doing and releasing good hardware and more promotions next quarter I'd think the tide will slowly change at least I hope.

Posted via CB10
    dbq10 likes this.
    01-04-15 09:19 AM
    Who do these threads get made? It's really annoying at this point.

BlackBerry hasn't really had any American carrier support for a while and it's still alive and doing better. So no, your thread is not true.

Posted via CB10
    will308, DJFLEX-mk2 and ponpiri like this.
    01-04-15 09:30 AM
    BlackBerry hasn't really had any American carrier support for a while and it's still alive and doing better. So no, your thread is not true.
    If, by doing better you mean selling fewer and fewer phones per year while their competition sells a ton more, and by letting their market share drop to less than 1%, then you are correct.
    sentimentGX4 and ADGrant like this.
    01-04-15 09:35 AM
    It's doing better but the handsets need to do well also.

It's one of several components of BlackBerry that they have, but to most of us it's key.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:36 AM
    Sprint is way more dead to me than BlackBerry! My first 4 Blackberries were on the Nextel / Sprint Network. I left for T-Mobile to get my Z10 and have not looked back. Starting with my Z30 and going forward, I will be buying my devices unlocked from Shop BlackBerry and using my T-Mobile sim.

While I wish BlackBerry had US carrier support the fact that they don't will not keep me from the device that I choose that is best for me!

OP, IMHO it is time to get over Sprint and move on. Good Luck!

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    DJFLEX-mk2 likes this.
    01-04-15 09:40 AM
253 1234 ...