Last week or so the phone when i will dial a number or dial from recent calls, the line will not ring on my end and just goes to a open line if that makes sense. It's like an echo, i can hear what i'm saying clear as a bell thru the receiver. The person i'm calling however gets the call and can hear me saying "hello... hello... piece of sh|t... son of a..." then i usually hang up. I hang up and dial right back and it rings and goes thru like normal. It's been doing it intermittently the last week or so, but has done it probably 10 times today!

Any thoughts on this?

I've done a reboot and a bat. pull!

Justin
    01-13-09 03:16 PM
    Well that makes me feel better about all the crank calls I have been getting that just breath heavily. It's just blackberry friends with broken phones..

The same thing will happen to me sometime if I have too many apps running and then try to call. But if you did a battery pull then it can't be that.

Have you checked the phone volume and audio volume? From the call log hit menu>options>general. Maybe your call volume is down or off.

Or maybe the service is just intermittent in your area.
    01-13-09 04:19 PM
    I get the same here, mostly on cellular calls. It's not unique to any particular phone (type) or carrier. Seems like sometimes the network forgets to connect the audio path. Very often the failure is both directions, and a redial a few seconds later works perfectly. Don't be surprised if the first redial gets a "call failed" or "congestion" message - give the other guy time to notice and drop the line too. 30 seconds delay is usually OK for the redial.
    01-13-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD