I live in the chicagoland area and looking to purchase my first BB. I'm currently with att and I have looked into the new Bold 9700. However I have heard good things about Verizons service in Chicago and have considered the Storm 2. I know a lot of it comes down preference and uses. I wanted some insight because my contract ends at the beginning of December. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    11-12-09 02:38 PM
    I live in new york and At&t is just plain terrible everywhere. I had the 9000 bold and i loved the device but what good does it make when i can't make or receive calls at home? Verizon is the way to go period. Take a look at the Tour.
    11-12-09 02:54 PM
    And I am also in the NY area and have great service everywhere in the tri-state (includes New Jersey & CT). Unlike the user above, what I will say is since you already have AT&T and it works good for you, there isn't a real reason to switch carriers unless it's a certain device you want (ie Storm 1/2 or Tour).

If you like the Bold 9700, wait for it to be released on AT&T. Unlike the Tour, it has wifi and a trackpad. Also, with AT&T 3G, you can use voice and data simultaneously. This means when you're on the phone, you can send/receive data (IMs, Emails, BlackBerry Messenger & other apps that use data). With Verizon, you can not do this unless you're on wifi. The Storm 2 has wifi, but the Storm 1 and Tour do not.
    11-12-09 03:23 PM
    sprint. i get excellent service in chicago
    11-12-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD