So Yeah , a couple of days ago , i lose my bold , filed for an insurance claim , and vodaphone immediatly gave me a new handset (Curve this time ), bless them . then today , a person found the lost bold and returned it to me ...

i call up vodaphone , to explain the situation , because i thought id return the phone they gave me since i found my lost phone , and they said they cannot do that and that they have blocked or Black listed my bold !! So im just wondering ! what can a person do with a black listed bold!!!!!!

Andd please dont gimmie that its a stolen bb bull**** .
    10-12-09 05:57 AM
    I've heard the same thing; once that device esn number is listed as stolen/lost; the phone will just make a great paper weight. I can't say for sure but that's what I heard. Good luck...
    10-12-09 06:13 AM
    Your only hope is getting in direct contact with RIM.
    10-12-09 06:20 AM
    That doesnt make any sense if you are in fact the original owner of that device and you can verify all acct info and the device esn they should be able to release the "lost/stolen" block on the device.

Same thing happened to my friend although he didnt file a claim because his device was found and returned before he had the chance to but called VZW to let them know that the device was lost to lock the esn, and was done. When he got his device back VZW released the esn and he was good to go.
    10-12-09 06:24 AM
    Since you filed an insurance claim, the device now technically belongs to the insurance company. Return it to them. Anything else is fraudulent.
    10-12-09 06:28 AM
    Mama spot on I must say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 09:55 AM
    Gosh sounds scary and all those data inside ,,,
    10-12-09 09:58 AM
    More importantly......how did you write a "swear word" and not have it asterisked out??
    10-12-09 10:00 AM
    Before I would send it to the insurance company I would wipe it clean, password protect it lock it and atleast make sure they can't use it either!

Come on motorcycle mama it was lost just returned and he tried to straighten it out and was going to give Vodafone their curve back! You people jump on insurance fraud too damn much!! **** happens that is why we have insurance!
    Let's say your motorcycle was stolen and fully customized by you personally, you file insurance and get a stock strip bike as a replacement and someone finds your bike and returns it. Now you have been given a new bike by the insurance company but it plain and not your style. Do you:
    A) do the right thing and give your custom bike to the insurance company so they can sell it for a huge profit over what they paid you
    B) strip all your custom parts off then let the insurance company have what is left
    C) give the insurance company the brand new bike you don't really like and keep your custom.

And don't lie God might smite you!

Last edited by luvitlo; 10-12-09 at 10:39 AM.
    10-12-09 10:33 AM
    Motorcycle Mama is correct. Once the insurance company pays the claim, the lost/stolen/damaged article belongs to them. They can sell it back to you if they want, but for you to collect the insurance claim and keep the lost/stolen item is at least a breach of the insurance contract and, unfortunately, could be evidence of intent to defraud.

On the custom bike, if you insure the custom bike for replacement value (very rarely done), you get the value of the custom bike and can replace it. The insurance company doesn't give you a bike, so it's not completely analogous to the cell phone insurance. But if they pay the claim, they own the bike. If the bike is recovered, you don't keep it unless the insurance company agrees. Options B and C are off the table.

Before I would send it to the insurance company I would wipe it clean, password protect it lock it and atleast make sure they can't use it either!

Come on motorcycle mama it was lost just returned and he tried to straighten it out and was going to give Vodafone their curve back! You people jump on insurance fraud too damn much!! **** happens that is why we have insurance!
    Let's say your motorcycle was stolen and fully customized by you personally, you file insurance and get a stock strip bike as a replacement and someone finds your bike and returns it. Now you have been given a new bike by the insurance company but it plain and not your style. Do you:
    A) do the right thing and give your custom bike to the insurance company so they can sell it for a huge profit over what they paid you
    B) strip all your custom parts off then let the insurance company have what is left
    C) give the insurance company the brand new bike you don't really like and keep your custom.

10-12-09 11:29 AM

I shouldn't grace this ridiculous post with a response, but I will indulge you.

You don't know me, so you probably won't believe me no matter what I answer. But I will do so anyway.

I would ALWAYS do the right thing. If that means returning recovered stolen property to the insurance company, that's exactly what I would do.

Sorry to disappoint you.

And please do not be so presumptuous to tell me what God might do.

And to the subject of the OP, it doesn't matter if the property is recovered. The way that it works is that once the claim is processed, the equipment belongs to the insurance company. This is not a complicated concept. It's really very, very simple.

And the process is not reversible whether you or I agree with it or not. That's the way it work.
    10-12-09 06:26 PM
    Then burn the bold and send them the ashes. There is too much personal information in a BB to allow any crooked insiance agent with.
    Insurance is a golf mine anyway you take number of people who pay insurance every month and the number of actual claims that are paid out and you are a huge profit. Even paying employees they rackin up some cash.
    And most insurance companies won't insure custom vehicles due to the fact that one of a kind customs are more valuable than the metal, parts and paint. They are considered works of art so best you can hope for is value of bike plus accessories. But when my dad laid his bike down they valued everything way below what replacements cost so he had to put lots of money with the insurance money to get his bike back like it was.
    The adjustor also goofed and left off stuff that was bent and scratched in the wreck and when questioned about it he told my dad that if he would of added any more value to the damage then they would of totaled his bike and he would of had to buy a new one because they would only pay off the lean against the bike! So my dad got ripped but you supporting the insurance company that is pocketing millions a year.
    And yes phone insurance is like car insurance, look on your bill the money goes to an insurance company not your provider.
    They hollar fraud but the real fraud cases are so low it is not worth worrying over, they just don't want to pay cause that is a loss of money and it looks bad.
    If the item was lost and reported then found and is blocked so it can't be used anyway, give it to a kid to play with and don't worry. It would take you a month to get your provider to give you the address to ship it to, and if the provider gets it they gonna have it removed from blacklist and sell it as a referb for solid profit. Everyone is after money never trust any company with sending in your stuff for you.
    Want more examples, a friend of mine wrecked his truck, the insurance said they would make sure he got another one similar. He wanted his sound system out of the wrecked one and they said the tow bill was paid so go to the yard where it was towed. Now he had a 5 thousand dollar system in this truck and the wrecker got the truck while he was there on the scene. The man at the yard told him he had to pay the 500 for storage before he could get anything out of the truck, then said but there is nothing in it. My friend said what about the system I had installed I know it is there. The man said it must of fell out in the crash cause the truck was empty and had no sterio in it at all. My friend demanded to see it and the guy took him back and it was stripped.
    He asked who had been back there. The man said only himself and the insurance adjusters so either the man at the yard took the system or the insurance agent so someone is crooked!

10-12-09 07:11 PM
    Not true. In a year so they will release the esn because they only hold on to that info for so long. Atleast with att. Been there done that.

10-12-09 08:00 PM
    Try Unlock / Flash it and sell it to someone on another network and disclose the situation to them.
    10-12-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD