Hey fella's,

So here's my deal, I'm looking to buy a 9900 off someone from kijiji but I'm obviously a little concerned about the nuking and bricking issues.

He says the phone is still under warranty....but by who? So let's say the phone bricks.... Wouldn't I have to go back to wherever he got the phone from? Would I be able to skip going through a carrier and get support directly from RIM?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-27-11 03:12 PM
    Typically, the warranty is not transferable beyond the original purchaser.

http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warranty/handheld.shtml

Some carriers will provide warranty service on a transferred unit.

You should contact YOUR carrier and see if they will provide warranty support on a unit you purchase from someone else.
    11-27-11 03:33 PM
    Its a touchy subject. If it was bought outright not on contract and you have the receipt i do not see it being an issue.

If he bought it on contract and sells it to you, I would say all obligtions would be removed and they would not have cover it first hand.

Now calling RIM directly for support might work, but I wouldnt count on it.

and the nuking bricking issues are easily fixed, just a PiTA
    11-27-11 03:37 PM
    Hey thanks guys.

Ya this is what I was afraid of hearing. Iv had issues with phones before and most of the time it seems like you have to return to the place you originally bought it from.

Guess that's the gamble ill take trying to save a few hundred dollars buying off kijiji

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-27-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD