Look what I found.. Uh-oh.. I was trying to look up why people should have Blackberries instead of iPhones.. don't yell at me for posting this, I just want opinions...

"Mobile browers are awful. The Treo isn't bad, and it's the best of the above three, but the Samsung and Blackberrry browsers should be outlawed. They are that bad. They are so bad that Blackberry users' opinions about mobile services, mobile startups, etc. should be summarily dismissed.

iPhone: Browser is reputedly very good.

Touch screens rule. Once you've gone touch you'll never go back. Treo has it, Blackberry doesn't, and it drives me nuts. Trying to use a thumb wheel to touch a specific screen element is like dancing about architecture. It's briefly mildly entertaining, but ultimately stupid.

iPhone: Touchscreen. 'Nuff said.

Big screens rule. The Samsung screen is teensy and irritating. The Blackberry and Treo screens are bigger and better, but I want more. I hate having online real estate so crunched. It feels so ... 640x480.

iPhone: Big, bright mofo screen.

Mobile fonts are sh**. The Samsung and Blackberry have fonts that only an MS-DOS fan could love. They are clunky, brain-battering and largely unreadable. The Treo fonts are marginally better, but they're still woeful.

iPhone: Lovely fonts, at least in pictures. Would design-obsessed SteveJ ever have it otherwise?

Mobile interfaces are thoughtless. The bizarro combination of escape key and menu key on the Blackberry -- neither of which are labeled in a way that gives any indication what they do -- is maddening. Controls are highly modal, which means something that works one way in one app works totally differently in another. A little thoughtful UI design would transform the market in a heartbeat.

iPhone: You can accuse Apple of many things, but thoughtless interfaces aren't one of them."

Source:: Stock Market News, Opinion & Analysis, Investing Ideas -- Seeking Alpha
    05-05-08 01:29 PM
    05-05-08 01:36 PM
    Let's see...a few things...

-I don't get why everyone thinks the native Browser on a BB sucks so bad...I like it just fine. I actually think it's kind of funny that OperaMini has to use it to save files...

-Who says touchscreens are so awesome?
    NOT the people I know with IPhones, that's for sure. And for the touchscreen fanatic...OH LOOK, BB is coming out with one...woo-friggin-hoo.

-Is this whole "bigger screen" thing something you need to make up for lacking in another department or what?
    Buy a computer if you want a big screen. Phones are meant to fit in your pocket.

-Fonts? Are we really trying to argue about what the frigging LETTERS look like here?? Not even an issue...

-A monkey with half a brain can tell what the keys on a BB do...especially if you um, cough-READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL-cough...

Yeah...I'm done.
    05-05-08 01:38 PM
    Personally I find it laughable that four of the reasons refer to the screen.
    05-05-08 01:41 PM
    Yeah, the guy sounds like a total nitwit. Haha.. he has no idea.
    05-05-08 01:45 PM
    #1 reason to choose a BlackBerry over the iPhone: It does it's job, communications. Everything else is fluff.
    05-05-08 01:48 PM
    #1 reason to choose a BlackBerry over the iPhone: It does it's job, communications. Everything else is fluff.
    Let the church say, AMEN!
    05-05-08 01:50 PM
    It does it's job so well, that a global outage is a very big deal and worthy of news coverage.

Fortunatly, it is that rare an event.

I doubt many first responders will be moved to consider an iPhone. :rofl:
    05-05-08 01:54 PM
    One would hope that the author researches his/hers stock picks better than the article. It's a shame there are so-called authorities that write such biased feces. I wonder if the writer even understands "push email" technology, BES or BIS?
    05-05-08 02:03 PM
    oh look, another iphone debate thread
    05-05-08 02:16 PM

-I don't get why everyone thinks the native Browser on a BB sucks so bad...I like it just fine. I actually think it's kind of funny that OperaMini has to use it to save files...

NOT the people I know with IPhones, that's for sure. And for the touchscreen fanatic...OH LOOK, BB is coming out with one...woo-friggin-hoo.

-Is this whole "bigger screen" thing something you need to make up for lacking in another department or what?
    Buy a computer if you want a big screen. Phones are meant to fit in your pocket.

-Fonts? Are we really trying to argue about what the frigging LETTERS look like here?? Not even an issue...

-A monkey with half a brain can tell what the keys on a BB do...especially if you um, cough-READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL-cough...

Yeah...I'm done.
    Very well said...Nothing can compare to a BB.
    05-05-08 02:19 PM
    At&t has just released a new, LG phone called the Vu. It is a rebranding of the Prada phone that has been out in Europe for quite some time. Anyway, it is essentially an iPhone on steroids if you consider the fact that it is similar in design to the iPhone, is touch only, has pretty much all the features of the iPhone, plus some of the largest missing features (MMS, IM, 3G) of it as well.

LG Vu
    05-05-08 02:21 PM
    Once again...
    Two different animals... two different devices.

I like both and I will get both new versions.

I like touchscreen in some occasions and QWERTY/Suretype in some.

I also like push email. I then like Safari.

Make your decision and stick with it. Bashing isn't necessary and I will never resort to doing so when it comes to the iPhone and Blackberry.
    05-05-08 02:21 PM
    Once again...
    Two different animals... two different devices.

I like both and I will get both new versions.

I like touchscreen in some occasions and QWERTY/Suretype in some.

I also like push email. I then like Safari.

Make your decision and stick with it. Bashing isn't necessary and I will never resort to doing so when it comes to the iPhone and Blackberry.
    I agree.. I like them both..
    05-05-08 02:57 PM
    The only people I know who say touchscreens are great are people who have never used a cellphone with a touchscreen. It's just a gimmick/fad. My wife got a Voyager when it first came out and now she hates it mostly because of the touchscreen.
    05-05-08 03:10 PM
    I have an iphone and a curve, and the curve wins hands down! Typing on that touch screen is a mess. The wife seems to like the iphone better than the pearl, but she mostly uses it for music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 03:32 PM

Yeah...I'm done.

I don`t have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod Touch.

They browser is so much better than the BB browser, the display is better than the BB display. Sorry to disagree with your post, but having used the iPod browser - well theres a reason I use the data plan for push email and do not use the browser. I hate the interface.
    05-05-08 03:49 PM
    Once again...

Yeah that. It`s not one or the other - you can like both. No need to bash the iPhone just because you`re a BB fan.
    05-05-08 03:51 PM
    both phones have their pros and cons... BUT.. i dare you to try to use the iphone with gloves on!!
    05-05-08 04:21 PM
    I hate touchscreens...dirty, smudged up, nasty mess. No matter how clean you keep your hands, you can't help but muck it up.
    05-05-08 05:02 PM
    This is, um, err, a Blackberry forum is it not?

Yes, good then I am in the right place because I own not one but two Blackberrys.

If I had wanted an iPhone then I would have gone out and bought and iPhone.

I did not do that, I went out and bought two Blackberrys. I think that they are just the phones for me.

Why do we continue to ask if the iPhone is better than a Blackberry in a Blackberry forum. Go and try that in an iPhone forum. I bet that would be fun.

Anyway, I used to have a phone (Sony Ericsson P1i) with a touch screen, never again will I have one of those.
    05-05-08 05:10 PM
    Eh I hate touch screens I have had a few and never will again. Iphone is cool but not the phone for me.

05-05-08 05:40 PM
    I'm reading this thread right now from the BB browser and having used the iPhone, I can say that mobile formats for certain websites is so much easier to read.

ESPN, CNN, CB news headlines and forums are organized in such a way where I'm able to see all the info by just scrolling down. No zooming or sliding around on a touch screen. Opera mini can handle those occasions in which I wish I had safari, which has been never.

Last edited by chairguru22; 05-05-08 at 07:29 PM.
    05-05-08 05:54 PM
    Who is this guy and why is he on our forum being disrespectful. The nerve:-/
    05-05-08 08:27 PM
    Bashing isn't necessary and I will never resort to doing so

LOL. Such irony.
    05-05-08 08:48 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD