OP do you actually want a blackberry for a blackberry? Cause to me it sounds like you just want apps

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    05-16-13 10:08 AM
    Lots of people join to troll.
    Somehow I think OP doesn't fit that category.
    She's a new user, and is frustrated.
    Not everyone can do intensive research on their phone.

Come on guys, let's try and be supportive and helpful, might make the difference between a future CrackBerry addict and a convert to one of the many dark sides.
    05-16-13 10:08 AM
    Lots of people join to troll.
    Somehow I think OP doesn't fit that category.
    She's a new user, and is frustrated.
    Not everyone can do intensive research on their phone.

Come on guys, let's try and be supportive and helpful, might make the difference between a future CrackBerry addict and a convert to one of the many dark sides.
    Only reason I would disagree is they get on these forums, which is full of a LOT of information and babble/complain about things that are discussed in like 40 other threads. Wish there was a way to rate down a thread so it would get pushed off the 'hot' lists.
    05-16-13 10:17 AM
    Let's head to Waterloo and storm the gates!!!
    And have some poutine on the way back!!!!!

Posted from my gorgeous Z10, which got me into being a BlackBerry fangirl again!!!!!!!!!!
    05-16-13 10:20 AM
    Only reason I would disagree is they get on these forums, which is full of a LOT of information and babble/complain about things that are discussed in like 40 other threads. Wish there was a way to rate down a thread so it would get pushed off the 'hot' lists.
    Not everyone knows how to search a forum when they first come in.

Takes as much energy to answer the question as to make 50 snark remarks.

I know. I make plenty of snarky remarks. Same amount of energy.

Posted from my gorgeous Z10, which got me into being a BlackBerry fangirl again!!!!!!!!!!
    MarsupilamiX and bobauckland like this.
    05-16-13 10:26 AM
    So much complaining about Z10. A few points to consider.
    1. If you want those Android apps, get a Galaxy, or try sideloading. My friend with a Galaxy complains constantly about his wonky, crashing device. Just saying...
    2. it's not BB's fault that the 10.1 update hasn't been released in the US. The blame is squarely on the carriers, Verizon, Tmobile etc. And yes, I'm waiting too, and I'm not impressed either. But the Z10 is fantastic.

That's all my two cents.
    Last edited by rifka_f; 05-16-13 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    teafordgang likes this.
    05-16-13 10:27 AM
    First you make us wait for Viber and Skype! Then, you dont give us WeChat! Worst is, Q10 gets to have the apps we've been waiting for, for so long now! You make us wait for OS 10.1 and dont let us know when can we expect it. We cant always sideload android apps! If thats what you tell us to do, might as well buy an Android. We buy Blackberry because we want to use a Blackberry. Please dont give us reasons to think we made a wrong choice.

Posted via CB10
    Well as others seem to have mentioned, 10.1 was released when BlackBerry Live started, if you haven't gotten it yet, then you should be directing your frustration at your carrier, they are the only ones to blame in this instance.
    Since a large number of people seem to be updating to 10.1, I think your post needs to be edited a bit since, they(BlackBerry) did let us know that 10.1 was available so we should be edited to I.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-16-13 10:32 AM
    And have some poutine on the way back!!!!!

Thief.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:43 AM
    Thief.

Posted via CB10
    Troll.

05-16-13 10:44 AM
    Troll.

...You win this round, but I'll be back...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 10:46 AM
    I agree. We got trolled. SMH.
    05-16-13 11:16 AM
    Surely threads are hot cause people are reading/contributing to them. In which case people are finding the info or question posed useful or relevant.
    It's really hard to search through the forum if you're a new or young user.
    Just my opinion of course.

I agree. We got trolled. SMH.
    Whoosh. What's that that just went over your head?
    05-16-13 11:20 AM
    So why do we not have an update option on Blackberry Link that bypasses the OTA update from carriers? This is where Apple has gone forward in this area so an update is officially announced and then pushed via the iTunes network immediately. When carriers decide to come onboard, then they will do so afterwards as Apple still have control on QA on their products.

Blackberry have stuffed up Z10 users by not simultaneously offering 10.1 at the same time as the Q10 release. A big error is allowing carriers to have control. That's where Android is all messed up with regards to giving manufacturers of Android handsets the ability to halt updates at their own leisure. I'm trialing this new way of doing things (with the new BB10 OS I love in many ways) and it's just adding to the list of things that will make me go back to the iPhone in a years time once this contract is up. There's plenty of improvement that needs to be done; especially with communicating to customers.
    That's because blackberry does so much more than the iPhone that it can conflict with carrier settings.take for example att's crippled version of bridge
    Or the disabling of tethering on some carriers.
    05-16-13 11:48 AM
    Surely threads are hot cause people are reading/contributing to them. In which case people are finding the info or question posed useful or relevant.
    It's really hard to search through the forum if you're a new or young user.
    Just my opinion of course.
    I dont know...to post then never to reply to your own thread appears disingenuous to me. Now to come back and have a dialog...it would seem less fishy....and less likely that T word is used. Having modded forums in the past I guess makes me more jaded...

Where is my BANNED Hammer...???!?
    distributor1 likes this.
    05-16-13 11:51 AM
    Side load and not work and not being able to load an app is pretty much the same thing for 98% of the people... The end results are the same for everyone though, the app doesn't work with BB.

Being critical of the OP makes you look bad.

How about a minimum of 46 post before someone can complain about someone complaining ?
    Not being able to sideload means it can't be done. Not working means it won't work. Most of the apps will work when we get 4.2.2. So it's a temp delay.
    Language has meaning and needs to be used properly. Getting close isn't good enough.
    If you don't get that you look bad.

By your logic, you could say that iphones suck because they can't run android apps
    Or android sucks because it can't run iPhone apps.
    Or that my car sucks because it can't run apps. The end result is the same, and an informed consumer could have researched and known that not every android app would work.
    Like I said, some of these apps don't work on other Android phones!
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 05-16-13 at 01:58 PM.
    05-16-13 11:53 AM
    OP,
    At least you have a Z10. I haven't been able to afford mine yet. Personally I can live without all those apps you mentioned, but I can see how other people would feel the same as you.

However, methinks thou protest too much.
    05-16-13 12:16 PM

But you're a chick, you're supposed to make snarky remarks... .

It's called don't reply. Someone does the famous this is my last post I am leaving BB, there is no reason for 100 people to say see ya later don't let the door hit you.

So much complaining about Z10. A few points to consider.
    1. If you want those Android apps, get a Galaxy, or try sideloading. My friend with a Galaxy complains constantly about his wonky, crashing device. Just saying...
    2. it's not BB's fault that the 10.1 update hasn't been released in the US. The blame is squarely on the carriers, Verizon, Tmobile etc. And yes, I'm waiting too, and I'm not impressed either. But the Z10 is fantastic.

That's all my two cents.
    The problem is that we (I) don't want Android apps. I need a few BB 10 apps. Your friends problem is he went with the a Samsung device.

Not being able to sideload means it can't be done. Not working means it won't work. Most of the apps will work when we get 4.2.2. So it's a temp delay.
    Language has meaning and needs to be used properly. Getting close isn't good enough.
    If you don't get that you look bad.

By your logic, you could say that iphones suck because they can't run android apps
    Or android sucks because it can't run iPhone apps.
    Or that my car sucks because it can't run apps. The end result is the same, and an informed consumer could have researched and known that not every android app would work.
    Like I said, some of these apps don't work on other Android phones!
    I get it. I just stated most people don't care if it installs or not. They just care about the fact that it doesn't work.

Apple doesn't ship the iPhone with an Android runtime. Android doesn't ship with an iOS runtime. My car wasn't advertised as being able to run apps. BB10 shipped with an Android runtime. It was advertised as being able to run Android apps. Yes, I understand, yes you probably understand, that it didn't mean every Android app. I am not sure if everyone else understands that. Even if they do, how do they know which ones work and which ones don't ? They buy it and try it out, and then find out a few key apps don't work. Then you get cranky people posting on CrackBerry and the flame wars begin.
    05-16-13 03:13 PM
    But you're a chick, you're supposed to make snarky remarks... .

It's called don't reply. Someone does the famous this is my last post I am leaving BB, there is no reason for 100 people to say see ya later don't let the door hit you.

The problem is that we (I) don't want Android apps. I need a few BB 10 apps. Your friends problem is he went with the a Samsung device.

I get it. I just stated most people don't care if it installs or not. They just care about the fact that it doesn't work.

Apple doesn't ship the iPhone with an Android runtime. Android doesn't ship with an iOS runtime. My car wasn't advertised as being able to run apps. BB10 shipped with an Android runtime. It was advertised as being able to run Android apps. Yes, I understand, yes you probably understand, that it didn't mean every Android app. I am not sure if everyone else understands that. Even if they do, how do they know which ones work and which ones don't ? They buy it and try it out, and then find out a few key apps don't work. Then you get cranky people posting on CrackBerry and the flame wars begin.
    Ya you're right. And very reasonable. Wish we had more of you, you can disagree politely.
    Bbry has always said that the apps would come from bbry world. The side loading is a bonus likely not intended for the casual user.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    05-16-13 03:20 PM

Lol you must love that z10. You seem very happy these Days. New profile pic, new phone, new woman! Good on ya!
    05-16-13 03:22 PM
    The OP does have a valid point about 10.1 not being available yet in the States for the Z10 while it has already been released elsewhere, so I can understand the frustration. Despite that, though 10.1 should be available in the States by the end of the month.

I am not going to assign blame here, but I think that maybe their should be better coordination between BlackBerry and the carriers regarding releases and updates and bug fixes.

There also needs to be better communication to avoid false expectations and unhappy customers . This will avoid a situation where the customer is hearing both sides blaming each other.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Last edited by web99; 05-16-13 at 04:12 PM.
    05-16-13 04:02 PM
    The carriers all get it at the same time. Bbry can not control how long they drag their feet. It's not a communication issue here.
    05-16-13 04:11 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD