hello,

I would like to update my os ( 8520 ) from 4.6 to 5.0, i tried using apploader tutorial from this site, but i can't get it to work.

In apploader appear only my installed (not-standard) applications. Using desktop manager i keep getting that i need an BB abo for updating the os to 5.0.

Isn't it possible to update your OS without an BB abo ? I don't have one and i'm not planning to get one. :-(

Greets,

Niels
    06-11-11 05:04 AM
    I've tried the following steps :

forums.crackberry.com/f132/how-upgrade-downgrade-your-operating-system-208714/

After I've connected my bb and opened loader.exe, the only app's that are shown are the non-standard app's , nothing about the os/core application... :-(

Anyone that can help me?

Niels
    06-11-11 07:36 AM
    Have you downloaded and installed the device OS to your computer?
    Have you followed ALL the steps including deleting the vendor.xml file from your computer?
    sterckx likes this.
    06-11-11 08:21 AM
    Thanks for your reply!

I downloaded and installed an 5.0 device os on my pc. I tried different version, latest version ( 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1682_PL5.2.0.104_A5.0.0.1036 _Proximus ) came from the BB site, is that a problem ?

And yes I have deleted the vendor.xml file.

I don't get it :-(

I don't have an BB abo, is that required to update os ? ( I want to go from 4.6 to 5 )
    Last edited by sterckx; 06-11-11 at 09:16 AM.
    06-11-11 09:13 AM
    I've never heard of such a message or a 'BB abo' -- can you post exactly what the message says?

And ... are you sure you downloaded the right OS for your specific phone?
    sterckx likes this.
    06-11-11 09:22 AM
    Thanks for your reply!

Yes i'm sure the OS is for the right device, 8520 is my BB, and the installer is also mentioning this name...

Using the apploader the 'BB abo error' doesn't occur, only when i try to update using the Desktop Manager ( 6.1 ).

Using Apploader: The list with applications is empty ( only the non-standard , later installed applications/games occured in this list, but i deleted them)
    and an error message.

Screen at : W W W dot itjobs4you.be/BB.png

Translated : The Blackberry Desktop software doesn't dispose off the Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected with the computer. Please contact wireless service provider or systemadmin.

This message is new, it didn't occured in the past ...

Thanks dudes!

Niels
    06-11-11 09:35 AM
    That means that the device OS is not properly installed on the computer or else the vendor.xml file still exists somewhere on the computer.

Delete all the device OS versions from your computer.
    Install the device OS again.
    Search the ENTIRE computer for any instances of the vendor.xml file and delete them.
    Then try the AppLoader (loader.exe) again.

Don't use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to update the device OS. You can't do it that way without an active BlackBerry Data Plan.
    06-11-11 11:11 AM
    Thanks for your reply!

Yes i'm sure the OS is for the right device, 8520 is my BB, and the installer is also mentioning this name...

Using the apploader the 'BB abo error' doesn't occur, only when i try to update using the Desktop Manager ( 6.1 ).

Using Apploader: The list with applications is empty ( only the non-standard , later installed applications/games occured in this list, but i deleted them)
    and an error message.

Screen at : W W W dot itjobs4you.be/BB.png

Translated : The Blackberry Desktop software doesn't dispose off the Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected with the computer. Please contact wireless service provider or systemadmin.

This message is new, it didn't occured in the past ...

Thanks dudes!

Niels
    The translation I got reads:

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact (with) your wireless service provider or system administrator."

That suggests to me that you either did not install the BB software, or you have the wrong OS. You seem pretty sure that you have the right OS, so let's go with getting the software installed correctly.

First, make sure you don't have any other OS versions running. Go into Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. You should see BlackBerry Desktop Software -- leave that alone. You should also have just ONE BlackBerry Device Software installed. It should look something like BlackBerry Device Software v5.*.*.* for the BlackBerry 9000 smartphone. If you do not have one of these, you need to install it by running the .exe file that contains your phone's OS . If you do have device software installed but it does not say 'v5' and 'BlackBerry 9000', you may have the wrong one installed; remove it in Add or Remove Programs and run the .exe file. You can get the latest OS for you phone here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-567474/. You need to download and run this file to install it on your PC before you can load it onto your phone (following the Apploader tutorial).

Try this, then let us know if you're still having a problem.
    sterckx likes this.
    06-11-11 11:13 AM
    Thanks again for the answer!

1) I've uninstalled the OS from my pc : Control panel / software now only shows Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1

2) Searched for new (8520) OS at :
    crackberry.com/official-blackberry-curve-8520-os-5-0-0-592-released-wind-hellas

3) => downloaded from the BB website
    Filename : 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.47_A5.0.0.509_Wi nd_Hellas.exe

4) After installing this it shows in Control Panel / software under Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1 : "BlackBerry-devicesoftware v5.0.0 for BlackBerry 8520-smartphone"

5) Now deleted the Vendor.xml file

6) Connected BB 8520 to PC

7) Application Loader opened ( Loader.exe )

Same problem :-(
    06-11-11 12:36 PM
    Thanks again for the answer!

1) I've uninstalled the OS from my pc : Control panel / software now only shows Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1

2) Searched for new (8520) OS at :
    crackberry.com/official-blackberry-curve-8520-os-5-0-0-592-released-wind-hellas

3) => downloaded from the BB website
    Filename : 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.47_A5.0.0.509_Wi nd_Hellas.exe

4) After installing this it shows in Control Panel / software under Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1 : "BlackBerry-devicesoftware v5.0.0 for BlackBerry 8520-smartphone"

5) Now deleted the Vendor.xml file

6) Connected BB 8520 to PC

7) Application Loader opened ( Loader.exe )

Same problem :-(
    Well I'm stumped. One last dumb question - are you sure you've got an 8520?
    06-11-11 05:11 PM
    I gotta ask... Did you delete the vendor.xml? People usually get that kind of message when the file is still in place.

.509? .592? Those things are ancient! I'd stick with .10xx releases.
    06-11-11 05:34 PM
    Yeah i'm sure about the 8520 :-P and i've deleted the vendor file...

I'll try one more time with a newer release.

One question: the only thing that i need to install is the desktop manager (and BB software offcourse), right ? i got the 6.1 version, should be good ?

Thanks for the reply!
    06-12-11 02:13 AM
    Dektop Manager (Software) AND the OS release.

If you still have problems after that, give this a try:

How to Reload the Operating System on a "Nuked" BlackBerry

It is not your case, but it usually provides a solution to "stubborn-updates".
    sterckx likes this.
    06-12-11 09:37 AM
    Super dude! That works ( the nuked version ! ) it's installing right now :-)

Thanks alot !

Niels
    06-12-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD