What are your thoughts on the newer version? I think they fixed a lot of the flaws that it previously had. The first version was not ready for prime time, not even close. I like the folder share and that they fixed the browser issue.
    07-07-08 11:44 PM
    If it still install an IT policy, still locks the firewall,
    and shuts down the internet, and email if the PC it
    is installed on is ever shuts down I would seriously
    say pass and try the apps from Google.
    07-07-08 11:46 PM
    You can now choose to stay with the BIS browser that you always used with no changes to browsing unless you choose to create them. Also, you don't need to leave the pc on for browsing. I did not associate my email with unite, it doesn't require it. I really like the folder share on unite.
    07-07-08 11:50 PM
    Can someone please steer me the direction you people are going with this?

Is there a new software update for the BB 8830?
    07-07-08 11:53 PM
    Sounds a lot better! Might give it a try tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 11:54 PM
    That sounds much better, but the very first thing to do
    after installing it is to (A) check to see if it installed an
    IT policy, and (B) whether or not it locks your firewall.

If you uninstall it you will need to lose those and that
    ain't easy. I am very interested in the answer, because if it doesn't then the app has new possibilities.
    07-07-08 11:56 PM
    There is a 4.5 beta for the 8830. I believe that two betas have been out so far for that model. I really wish that they would inform people better of the potential risk involved with installing Unite. I was royally pissed when I installed the first version.

As for direction of this thread, I want to learn more about the newer version of unite. I didn't want to only hear from people that felt burned by the first version like I did.
    07-07-08 11:58 PM
    can someone tell me what it means to have an it policy on your phone...and what the firewall deal is? why is this a problem?
    07-07-08 11:59 PM
    It does install an IT policy, but it is much more managable than the previous version. You have a choice of whether or not to use the unite browser. My configuration is primarily for folder sharing only. Therefore, the only impact of shutting down the pc that runs Unite is that I can not access files in the shared folder.
    07-08-08 12:00 AM
    As for direction of this thread, I want to learn more about the newer version of unite. I didn't want to only hear from people that felt burned by the first version like I did.
    OK,sorry 'bout that, I have no idea what the new version is like.
    07-08-08 12:02 AM
    They are referring to the problems that users of the first version had. The first version was a royal clusterf^%k and the biggest problems was that users were not properly warned before they installed it. It took a long time to remove. Especially, if you were running OS 4.2 or newer.
    07-08-08 12:03 AM
    I downloaded it a week ago and like the cal. but the email is delaied and I would like to get rid of it and just use the old BIS way. How do I do that?
    07-08-08 05:08 PM
    Whats "the cal"?
    07-10-08 10:01 AM
    Whats "the cal"?
    The calendar
    07-10-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD