Does anyone else use Blackberry GPS Tracker ? I signed up for it last night after talking with my wife about how she can look at where I'm at. For me it's a safety thing since I do suffer from mini-strokes and have had one before driving home from work. The way I see it is she can look at where I'm at on the way home if I'm not answering my phone in case I have another one.

Plus my kids are always calling me when I leave work wondering where I'm at and when I'll be home, now they can actually see where I'm at on the live tracking map without calling me every 10 minutes. They tried it out yesterday on my way home and they were excited to tell me all about it when I rolled in the door last night.
    10-04-07 08:46 AM
    Yeah, I've been playing around with it... Very cool app!
    12-10-07 09:45 PM
    O sounds like a cool nifty program. Dont have any kids and don't need anybody stalking me.
    12-10-07 09:52 PM
    Ya know what would be cool -- if you can somehow turn on the tracking software via an email.

I don't keep the software running all the time on my phone, but if it was lost or stolen it would be neat if you could send it an email to activate the tracking program.
    12-10-07 10:05 PM
    ^ i think that would be better too.
    12-10-07 10:07 PM
    Past couple days I haven't been able to view tracking history... Keeps saying no data found for this period -- anyone else getting this?
    12-11-07 08:01 PM
    Will this work on the Verizon 8830?
    12-12-07 04:36 PM
    Will this work on the Verizon 8830?
    I would think probably not, but give it a try...
    12-12-07 05:55 PM
    Two weeks ago just outside of Grand Rapids, MI a lady had her purse stollen. She went home got on BB tracker and called the police. One officer watched with her as her BB moved around Grand Rapids while other officers went on an intercept route. They got the guy in short order and returned her purse intact as it all happened so fast.
    12-15-07 08:51 PM
    Two weeks ago just outside of Grand Rapids, MI a lady had her purse stollen. She went home got on BB tracker and called the police. One officer watched with her as her BB moved around Grand Rapids while other officers went on an intercept route. They got the guy in short order and returned her purse intact as it all happened so fast.
    That's AWESOME! I'm glad she got her BB back!!
    12-16-07 08:48 AM
    Definitely a great BB retrieval tool!!!
    12-18-07 08:54 AM
    LOL that's funny I was just saying in another thread the other day we need an app like this, mine was in reference to "find berry" app, def gonna look into this....I'm still waiting for some one to implement an "send an email" option where if lost it will send you the co-ordinates, could be triggered by an email being sent to the device..
    12-18-07 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the link, I owe you one for this.
    12-19-07 09:50 AM
    ugh, it installs on the latest alltel software, but it apparently doesn't work. The app does say it's for OS 4.2 though, so ... oh well.
    12-22-07 11:10 AM
    Does it automatically log mileage?
    01-18-08 03:52 PM
    Thank you for the link.
    01-18-08 08:37 PM
    If you guys look into the support section of this bb tracker, its only available for the 8310 series only, dont try to download OTA or else your bb will freeze on you and you will be BRICKED
    02-02-08 09:24 AM
    this program dosent actually work as a gps. if i have the gps option and i dont pay for the the extra money for the gps service can i still use it?
    02-04-08 08:13 PM
    Thanks for the link! This is awesome.
    02-05-08 06:50 AM
    is this program completely free? it seems like they would charge you for the gps tracking.
    02-05-08 10:04 AM
    this program dosent actually work as a gps. if i have the gps option and i dont pay for the the extra money for the gps service can i still use it?
    What GPS service are you referring to. Normally your carrier will tell you that you need to buy one of their GPS mapping programs for the GPS to work. This is incorrect, you just need to go into your setting and turn it on if it is turned off.
    02-05-08 12:35 PM
    im talking about if there is a fee for using gps on at&t. i have unlimited data so if it uses data im fine. and i have another problem with this app. it doesnt find me! it says latidue and longitude n/a. te gps works fine in google maps, anybody have any idea?
    02-07-08 07:51 AM
    I tried the tracker out for a while but it hasnt really been working for me. So now I am testing out the Berry Locater and that works perfectly. You can send an email to your phone and have it make noises so that you can find it and if the GPS can be read you will also receive an email as to where you Berry is. It's the best thing right now.
    02-07-08 10:48 AM
    Great program and freeeee! They just released an update to ver. .05. You might want to set the default GPS update interval from 30 sec to 600 (10 min) to save some battery.
    02-07-08 01:24 PM
    This program is awesome!
    02-07-08 01:46 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD