So the buttons on my Torch are sporatically failing. I don't have the plan upgrade option for nearly 1 year and I don't have insurance on it...Can I add insurance through Sprint to get a refurbished one? Or should I look for a used/refurb 9930?

I had a Curve before the all-touch Torch, and I miss the physical keyboard, so I would like to have a 9930, but don't want to spend an arm and leg.

Your thoughts are appreciated!
    09-28-12 02:15 PM
    I don't think insurance would cover defects or wear-and-tear.
    09-28-12 02:24 PM
    Try to buy a used BB on Craigslist.
    09-28-12 03:39 PM
    Look in the CrackBerrry Marketplace. There is a really good deal for a Sprint Curve 3G.

WTS Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 Sprint
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 09-28-12 at 06:37 PM.
    09-28-12 06:27 PM
    I would try to talk turkey at one of the Sprint Stores 1st ( a corporate store with techs )...
    ...I've seen the ones in Seattle fix people's phones for 20 or 30 bucks and they leave happy!

If that fails like the other person said just get one on CL - you can get a 9650 Bold for around 80 bucks and a 9930 for under 200.00 with no contract! Just make sure you call Sprint with the phone in hand WITH the seller present to insure they didn't dirty bird the carrier and they canned that specific phone.
    09-28-12 06:42 PM
    So the buttons on my Torch are sporatically failing. I don't have the plan upgrade option for nearly 1 year and I don't have insurance on it...Can I add insurance through Sprint to get a refurbished one? Or should I look for a used/refurb 9930?

I had a Curve before the all-touch Torch, and I miss the physical keyboard, so I would like to have a 9930, but don't want to spend an arm and leg.

Your thoughts are appreciated!
    Although insurance would cover everything you describe wrong, you cannot add insurance after 14 days of initial purchase. That said, your options are to either take it to a sprint retailer, preferred or corporate (whichever in your area does repairs), and inquire what the damage may cost without insurance and see if they have the parts.

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/

Use that tool to allow you to find the closest repair center in your area. I would also recommend calling first to schedule a appointment with the technician. Sprint sells a lot of crap phones so they are usually not available when you first walk in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    09-28-12 07:15 PM
    i would check out craigslist.org for a used 9930 if thats what your leaning towards, but for your torch, it does have a 1 year warranty that Sprint will cover, so you can always see if they will honor it for this issue
    09-28-12 08:29 PM
    Bold 9900 or another Torch
    09-28-12 08:31 PM
    It may be because I came from the iDevice world, but these aren't quite THAT expensive used. After paying the Apple tax for 6 years I'm glad to buy BB products used, so much so that I bought two phones since I couldn't decide between the two. Just check eBay for the newly listed BIN auctions people haven't gotten to yet and buy the cheapest one.
    09-28-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD