Article in today's NY Post re BB users.

A new survey says 87 percent of PDA-owning professionals bring the devices into their bedrooms, and 84 percent check them before going to bed and as soon as soon they wake up in the morning.

Eighty-five percent of business travelers say they sneak a quick peek at their personal digital assistants if they happen to wake in the middle of the night, and 80 percent check their e-mail before they've had their morning coffee, the new study by Sheraton Hotels found.

The survey of 6,500 professionals who make more than $50,000 a year, take two or more annual business trips and have a BlackBerry or mobile e-mail device, found that 81 percent say they're working harder now than five years ago - and many are enjoying it.

More than a third of those surveyed - 35 percent - said if forced to make a choice, they'd stick with their PDA over their spouse, and 62 percent said that they love their little high-tech companions.
    09-15-08 08:43 AM
    Article in today's NY Post re BB users.
    More than a third of those surveyed - 35 percent - said if forced to make a choice, they'd stick with their PDA over their spouse, and 62 percent said that they love their little high-tech companions.
    And these people are married...WHY?!? I mean, if you'd choose your BB over your spouse, there is some SERIOUS Crackberry addiction going on there. Intervention anyone?
    09-15-08 08:57 AM
    That is just so sad. It seems as though these people are substituting love/relationship with their device.

I really like my BB, but my kids and husband certainly come first. I don't text that many people or receive that many emails that I have to check it constantly. I don't even have anybody on BB messenger yet. I don't know anyone else that has a BB to talk to.

And people wonder why the divorce rate is so high.
    09-15-08 09:00 AM
    I fit that profile, but my berry stays in the living room not the bed room. I do check it in the middle of the night if I am traveling and on the other coast, otherwise everyone in my company is in bed so what is the point?? People really need to get a hobby, life is too short. Spend time with your loved ones when you can. Buy a fish or something.
    09-15-08 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD