I live in Toronto. I'm on the bus and I meet a university student from France. I give him directions. Talk about France a bit blah blah blah.
    Then out conversation turns to smart phones. He's got a brand new S3. I ask him what most people use in France and he says iPhone but they're moving towards Samsung recently.
    I ask him about BlackBerry and he says he used to have one as did most people in France but they're crap and he'd never get one. Fact is up until z10 and q10 came along he was right. Compared to new androids and iPhone the previous BlackBerry s where crap.
    BlackBerry is doing NOTHING to overcome this perception. Their scant advertising doesn't adress it. None of their executives talk about it. They still think they're the king of the castle with no hurtles to overcome and no image to remake.
    And this is y sales r tanking. While their heads r in the sand the company will go bye bye cause Thornton and the gang r too arrogant to admit that up until a few months ago the product stank compared to competitive and now they have a new product that deserves to have a second look.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 01:44 PM
    Anything new here? I mean, we all know this. For every good news piece on BB there are hundreds of bad ones. The negative perception of BB is deep. It will take more than just new phones and OS that doesn't stink. Much more. We haven't seen enough yet either. But compared to the beginning of this year I feel that negative perception starting to wane. It will take a long time to repair the damage caused by past mistakes.

I've said it a lot here but read Toronto Star business section and you'll understand the good news bad news thing. Good news = paragraph at back of section. Bad news = front page article with doom somewhere in title. It sells newspapers apparently.
    07-18-13 01:58 PM
    Compared to new androids and iPhone the previous BlackBerry s where crap.
    BlackBerry is doing NOTHING to overcome this perception. Their scant advertising doesn't adress it. None of their executives talk about it. They still think they're the king of the castle with no hurtles to overcome and no image to remake.
    And this is y sales r tanking. While their heads r in the sand the company will go bye bye cause Thornton and the gang r too arrogant to admit that up until a few months ago the product stank compared to competitive and now they have a new product that deserves to have a second look.

Posted via CB10
    So you talk to one guy on a bus, who talks about "most people in France," it turns into "most people think BlackBerry is a bad product"?

Okay................

What do you want? The CEO to apologize for devices from several years ago, and hold a press conference talking about how he knows old BlackBerrys "stank"? He wasn't even in charge of those products. I've had a Bold of every kind (except 9650), and none of them were "crap." Was it an iPhone or Android? No. I didn't buy those because I didn't and don't want a phone for media consumption and games. I wanted (and want) a phone that's a phone and messaging tool FIRST, and a gaming and media device SECOND.

I feel like people who complained about their BlackBerrys were the ones who had sh1tty Curves and tried to use them the way iPhones and Androids were being used (full of pictures, videos, apps..stuff that slows a Curve down and frustrates the user).

I don't know if you've been paying attention to BlackBerry lately, but in no way do they think they're "king of the castle." They seem to know exactly where they stand and what they need to do. When is the last time a "king of the castle" talked about wanting to be the third mobile operating system???? Not very king-like. The previous CEOs might have been arrogant, thinking they could put out an unchanged product every year and people would buy it, but Thorsten (not Thornton) and people in charge now haven't come off as even the slightest bit arrogant.

Your only valid point (that I think you were trying to make) is that their advertising needs work. Other than that, it's like you've completely not been paying attention to the steps BlackBerry has taken over the past year and a half, then hopped on your computer to make a blanket statement based on what a stranger on the bus told you.
    07-18-13 02:55 PM
    So you talk to one guy on a bus, who talks about "most people in France," it turns into "most people think BlackBerry is a bad product"?

Okay................
    You saved me from having to type that.
    07-18-13 03:13 PM
    Why is it most of these negative thread titles start from people with low post counts ?

....just saying

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-18-13 03:18 PM
    My point is that the BlackBerry marketing is atrocious. The YouTube videos I've seen on this forum are a thousand times better than what BlackBerry is doing.
    Quite frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 03:30 PM
    Why is it most of these negative thread titles start from people with low post counts ?

....just saying

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    It's obvious some of these new low post people are paid bashers with multiple accounts. They are here to disrupt demean and aggravate cb fans.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 03:30 PM
    It's like High School, once a girl got a "reputation"....

Boy am I old - today she'd become Prom Queen. But that isn't happening to BB, it will take TIME and MONEY to overcome the reputation they have built for themselves over the YEARS. Some really good devices, a smooth OS and access to applications that individual users want (Direct TV). A lot of advertising will help, positive reviews by the tech "experts" and good old fashion word of mouth.
    07-18-13 03:43 PM
    They definitely need to improve on their marketing. They really need to do more to get the word out to the general public about BB10.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-18-13 04:14 PM
    Mrfreetuth.........

Am I a paid basher of blackberry put here by some outside evil agent. I'll tell u the truth. I'm put here by the thought police looking for dangerous free thinkers who can think for themselves. Don't worry though. Cause you're not one of them hahahahaha.

It couldn't be though that I've had blackberry for over ten years and I've been waiting with bated breath foe the BlackBerry 10 to come out and it eats me up watching BlackBerry squander a great product. Nah....that couldn't be the case at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:40 AM