- CrackBerry Addict
- 546 Posts
BB still has not learnt the lession
I have following BB very closey for years and with the recent launch of bb10 I feel that they still have not learned the lessons.
- Superbowl ad was there but no USA launch or dates. We know for fact that US carriers were first to start testing along with Canadians. Why did not BB made sure and pused them to expedite testing.
- After the ad is there but USA will be almost last or 10 th one to launch..I get that it may not be BB's fault but I feel that BB was not agressive enough as well
- All launches so far went well but no updates or release from BB on which date, which country. For e.g. UAE launch is known by this form more than official BB channel. Why can not BB press release with countries and dates officially so it makes to news/media
- Why would BB announe content related, BES10 release news before the lauhc. why did not they made part of the launch for the better coverage. These little things add up.
- Why can not supply enough sets to UK, Canada and UAE. All 3 countries reported supply issues, Either they sold out millions that were made in Decemeber or supplied only thousands.
There are more things to list but overall RIM needs to wake up and bank on good product. The product is good so use shock and awe like Apple and US does..
Share your thoughts.
- 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM #2
and you have still not learned English.
another opinion piece
- CrackBerry Genius
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM #4
- 2,728 Posts
The US delay card has been overplayed. The recent hate that BB got in US, it might have been a bad idea to launch it there and then have the media rake it over coal simply because they are used to. That would have made the launch fail elsewhere as well.
As for shortages or sales exceeding demand, that would not be known till the official figures roll in. You have to appreciate that RIM at the time would have been cautiously optimistic about sales figure and in case it did not take up as quickly then they wouldn't have wanted to be saddled with a huge inventory. It's one of those judgment calls which could go either way.
Patience. The smartphone market is a marathon, not a sprint and it's not even half done yet.Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang
Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-11-2013, 03:20 PM #6
- 312 Posts
- 22D6B6DE and 501021E8
There are almost as many threads about this as there are about any other issue relating to the BB10. I think some fault lies with BB and most with the carriers. At the launch they said that the US carriers would be announcing pre-order dates. And if memory serves me that he said AT& T would be announcing something that day. To what degree can BB go to the carriers and require them to move on this? Everyone has their own personal opinion as to that answer I agree there are areas where they still need improvement. It may be the same for other carriers in other countries. Maybe BB has no idea when they will be ready to launch. I think they have learned it is better to be silent than to be speaking and then be wrong with what you announced, look at the Playbook.
- CrackBerry Genius
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM #7
- 1,995 Posts
Geez, another typo title. They sure do crack me up......
Blackberry losing his face, Losing patient with Blackberry, etc. Where the **** is spellcheck when you need it. I guess we haven't learnt that lesson!
I think most of your concerns are addressed in this link.......
Last edited by geoffsdad; 02-11-2013 at 03:45 PM.You need DropBox and I need 500mb Get dropbox here
- CrackBerry Genius
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM #8
- 1,633 Posts
unreadable...Sent by"THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT" from the fastest PlayBook in the known Berryverse (don't believe me??? ,,, look here ) --->>>[ http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-784133/ ]... jerzeybob.com
- CrackBerry Addict
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM #12
- 532 Posts
- 02-11-2013, 04:06 PM #16
Another Armchair Marketing Exec trying to do Frank's job ...------------------------------------
I keep hearing BlackBerry 10 referred to as a "1.0 operating system". It isn't.
- It isa complete departure from the old BlackBerry Operating System.
- *It is also the next evolution of BlackBerry Tablet OS and has much in common with 1.0-2.1 of the PlayBook Tablet OS
- 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM #19
Half of your reasons are not Blackberry mistakes, and the other half....
Well i dont know how you took Blackberry selling out of devices and saw it as a bad thing, but you kept your course and tried to find a way and by god you gave it a good attempt.
You are right of course, if a shop has a huge stockpile of devices not moving, it totally means that phone is a success!Z10 Brigade member
- 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM #21
- CrackBerry Master
02-12-2013, 03:01 AM #22
- 1,316 Posts
There is a lot of truth to your statements....and some even more troubling issues have occurred in the last few weeks, but I've posted about them in other threads.
Sorry about all the personal attacks, attacks saying your opinion is invalid or shouldn't be expressed, and attacks about your english (stunning how the people that do this last one are frequently in the most transparent of glass houses!). CB can't get pretty ugly sometimes.
- By doug1010 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
- By dandbj13 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 12Last Post: 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM
- By flyjetrob in forum SprintReplies: 1Last Post: 01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
- By Chiff in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 3Last Post: 03-30-2010, 08:40 AM
- By v0va in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 07-21-2008, 12:06 PM