I have following BB very closey for years and with the recent launch of bb10 I feel that they still have not learned the lessons.
    For e.g.
    - Superbowl ad was there but no USA launch or dates. We know for fact that US carriers were first to start testing along with Canadians. Why did not BB made sure and pused them to expedite testing.
    - After the ad is there but USA will be almost last or 10 th one to launch..I get that it may not be BB's fault but I feel that BB was not agressive enough as well
    - All launches so far went well but no updates or release from BB on which date, which country. For e.g. UAE launch is known by this form more than official BB channel. Why can not BB press release with countries and dates officially so it makes to news/media
    - Why would BB announe content related, BES10 release news before the lauhc. why did not they made part of the launch for the better coverage. These little things add up.
    - Why can not supply enough sets to UK, Canada and UAE. All 3 countries reported supply issues, Either they sold out millions that were made in Decemeber or supplied only thousands.
    There are more things to list but overall RIM needs to wake up and bank on good product. The product is good so use shock and awe like Apple and US does..
    Share your thoughts.
    richardat likes this.
    02-11-13 03:10 PM
    and you have still not learned English.

another opinion piece
    02-11-13 03:12 PM
    i will let Blackberry worry about that....no question in due course we will find out how successful Blackberry is...
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-11-13 03:14 PM
    The US delay card has been overplayed. The recent hate that BB got in US, it might have been a bad idea to launch it there and then have the media rake it over coal simply because they are used to. That would have made the launch fail elsewhere as well.
    As for shortages or sales exceeding demand, that would not be known till the official figures roll in. You have to appreciate that RIM at the time would have been cautiously optimistic about sales figure and in case it did not take up as quickly then they wouldn't have wanted to be saddled with a huge inventory. It's one of those judgment calls which could go either way.
    Patience. The smartphone market is a marathon, not a sprint and it's not even half done yet.
    02-11-13 03:17 PM
    Everything you mentioned has already be posted dozens of times since launch. Join in.
    I've never been shocked or awed by Apple products or ads
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-11-13 03:17 PM
    There are almost as many threads about this as there are about any other issue relating to the BB10. I think some fault lies with BB and most with the carriers. At the launch they said that the US carriers would be announcing pre-order dates. And if memory serves me that he said AT& T would be announcing something that day. To what degree can BB go to the carriers and require them to move on this? Everyone has their own personal opinion as to that answer I agree there are areas where they still need improvement. It may be the same for other carriers in other countries. Maybe BB has no idea when they will be ready to launch. I think they have learned it is better to be silent than to be speaking and then be wrong with what you announced, look at the Playbook.
    02-11-13 03:20 PM
    Geez, another typo title. They sure do crack me up......
    Blackberry losing his face, Losing patient with Blackberry, etc. Where the **** is spellcheck when you need it. I guess we haven't learnt that lesson!

I think most of your concerns are addressed in this link.......
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...60/index2.html
    Last edited by geoffsdad; 02-11-13 at 03:45 PM.
    Desktoper likes this.
    02-11-13 03:22 PM
    unreadable...
    02-11-13 03:22 PM
    BB still has not learnt the lession-beating-dead-horse-horse-demotivational-poster-1267844749.jpg

Here we go again.
    02-11-13 03:26 PM
    Google Translate was confused...

But in all honesty, contribute to another thread as opposed to creating a new one rehashing points already being discussed.
    Desktoper and MADBRADNYC like this.
    02-11-13 03:26 PM
    Another one of these???? AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!!!!
    02-11-13 03:32 PM
    I have following BB very closey for years and with the recent launch of bb10 I feel that they still have not learned the lessons.
    For e.g.
    - Superbowl ad was there but no USA launch or dates. We know for fact that US carriers were first to start testing along with Canadians. Why did not BB made sure and pused them to expedite testing.
    Explain what you think they should have done. Hold a gun to the carriers heads and threaten them. You obviously don't understand the process, so I'll not go any further.
    - After the ad is there but USA will be almost last or 10 th one to launch..I get that it may not be BB's fault but I feel that BB was not agressive enough as well.
    It's not BlackBerry's fault, so why are you insisting they could do anything about it?
    - All launches so far went well but no updates or release from BB on which date, which country. For e.g. UAE launch is known by this form more than official BB channel. Why can not BB press release with countries and dates officially so it makes to news/media.
    It's up to local carriers, so it's their choice when and how to launch. All of the launches have gone surprisingly well from what I've read, do you have any different information?
    - Why would BB announe content related, BES10 release news before the lauhc. why did not they made part of the launch for the better coverage. These little things add up.
    Sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you complaining about BlackBerry telling people they are launching a product now too??
    - Why can not supply enough sets to UK, Canada and UAE. All 3 countries reported supply issues, Either they sold out millions that were made in Decemeber or supplied only thousands.
    Why do you think the phones were made in December? Do you have any proof of this? Maybe the supply ran out in different countries for different reasons. Maybe it was a carrier/supplier fault rather than a BlackBerry fault. Why do you insist on blaming BlackBerry for this? Could it not be a good thing for them to be able to say: "we've sold out"??
    There are more things to list but overall RIM needs to wake up and bank on good product. The product is good so use shock and awe like Apple and US does..
    Share your thoughts.
    My thought are: you're wrong. You don't understand supply chains and how they work. You should maybe address more of your complaints to carriers and suppliers and stop putting everything on BlackBerry's door.

Si.
    02-11-13 03:36 PM
    If BB hasn't learnt from their lessions?? We have bigger issues, like going back to grade school or just closed the doors, I can't imagine all the incorrectly spellings in the spell checking
    02-11-13 03:45 PM
    Yeah, can a mod please close this? Do we really need another of these?
    Desktoper and MADBRADNYC like this.
    02-11-13 03:47 PM
    Google Translate was confused...

But in all honesty, contribute to another thread as opposed to creating a new one rehashing points already being discussed.
    Too Funny!
    Desktoper likes this.
    02-11-13 04:02 PM
    Another Armchair Marketing Exec trying to do Frank's job ...
    MADBRADNYC and Desktoper like this.
    02-11-13 04:06 PM
    How much do you earn doing this?
    Desktoper likes this.
    02-11-13 05:57 PM
    More trolling. Watch out for the big Billy Goat Gruff; he's the one that butted the troll off the bridge.
    02-11-13 06:11 PM
    Half of your reasons are not Blackberry mistakes, and the other half....

Well i dont know how you took Blackberry selling out of devices and saw it as a bad thing, but you kept your course and tried to find a way and by god you gave it a good attempt.

You are right of course, if a shop has a huge stockpile of devices not moving, it totally means that phone is a success!
    02-11-13 06:26 PM
    Want some cheese with your whine?
    02-11-13 06:40 PM
    I think I pretty much speak for almost everyone on this forum when I, or should I say Thorstein says
    BB still has not learnt the lession-__temp__049e29bbfba7ac9659f8a186485ec59e-1358901334_456_thor-has-meme.jpg
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    02-11-13 10:57 PM
    Hi BBnation,

There is a lot of truth to your statements....and some even more troubling issues have occurred in the last few weeks, but I've posted about them in other threads.

Sorry about all the personal attacks, attacks saying your opinion is invalid or shouldn't be expressed, and attacks about your english (stunning how the people that do this last one are frequently in the most transparent of glass houses!). CB can't get pretty ugly sometimes.
    02-12-13 03:01 AM
    Explain what you think they should have done. Hold a gun to the carriers heads and threaten them. You obviously don't understand the process, so I'll not go any further.
    It's not BlackBerry's fault, so why are you insisting they could do anything about it?
    It's up to local carriers, so it's their choice when and how to launch. All of the launches have gone surprisingly well from what I've read, do you have any different information?
    Sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you complaining about BlackBerry telling people they are launching a product now too??
    Why do you think the phones were made in December? Do you have any proof of this? Maybe the supply ran out in different countries for different reasons. Maybe it was a carrier/supplier fault rather than a BlackBerry fault. Why do you insist on blaming BlackBerry for this? Could it not be a good thing for them to be able to say: "we've sold out"??
    My thought are: you're wrong. You don't understand supply chains and how they work. You should maybe address more of your complaints to carriers and suppliers and stop putting everything on BlackBerry's door.

Si.
    The (initial) boot time stamp on my Z10 said Dec 4, 2012.
    02-12-13 04:03 AM
    Too Funny!
    Agreed lol
    02-12-13 10:23 AM
    How about we wait until at least Q2 earnings call before we start lynching Thorsten and digging BB's grave? Please?
    02-12-13 10:28 AM
31 12