I've seen mention of ProClip USA for mounting BlackBerrys to the dashboard without drilling or damage on other posts. I looked into it and bought a set up for my silverado. I just wanted to say that it is AWESOME!!!! I highly suggest it for BB users. It was a little pricey, but worth it.

I ended up buying it through encoura.com. It's one of their "partner products". You get a 10% discount if you use Encoura ID# 10920. I called a rep from this company and he gave me the number...he said it can be used by anyone who wants 10% off.

Just a little bit of help for fellow BB users in an expensive world.
    04-13-08 09:26 AM
    Encoura looks like a scam.

The holders look ok, but I'm not 100% convinced of their "solidity". Something mounted to your dash is only as solid as the flimsy, cheap plastic on said dash in the first place.
    04-13-08 12:55 PM
    Well...I and other fellow BB users have already ordered and received our products as well as our refunds.

They make the parts out of ABS plastic which is the same plastic as your dashboard. Unless you don't trust the material your dash is made out of, it will be strong enough for you. You can also check other forums for thoughts on ProClip. I wouldn't trade it for anything out there.

Just give Encoura a call if you're still skeptical. They'll give you all the details.
    04-13-08 02:20 PM
    im gonna call encoura right now
    (sarcasm)
    i have a dash mount right here, never used it though, but im sick of gettin out of my car with my phone on my lap so maybe i'll give it a whirl.
    04-13-08 06:01 PM
    Encoura looks like a scam.

The holders look ok, but I'm not 100% convinced of their "solidity". Something mounted to your dash is only as solid as the flimsy, cheap plastic on said dash in the first place.
    Scam might be a bit harsh. It looks kinda like the Amway / Quixtar of the new millennium. From their website:

When you are ready for an exciting challenge,
    a rewarding change, and a better tomorrow,
    you are ready for Encoura.

The Encoura program is very simple – refer other Customers to our
    products. When you and the customers you refer place an order with
    Encoura it increases your commission volume. The more customers you
    refer to our products – the more volume you create and the more money
    you can make.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-13-08 at 06:12 PM. Reason: I hate when I make spelling errors
    04-13-08 06:07 PM
    Scam might be a bit harsh. It looks kinda like the Amway / Quixtar of the new millennium.
    Oh...well in that case, it's organized crime.

They make the parts out of ABS plastic which is the same plastic as your dashboard. Unless you don't trust the material your dash is made out of, it will be strong enough for you.
    ABS plastic is ok for dashboards, which are not load-bearing structures. In my experience, the material is too prone to breakage, flexes too much, and in general is just too cheap.

I saw of ProClip products. They seem to be about average quality...the main advantage is that they produce for a wide variety of devices and mounting options. It would probably work but wouldn't be my first choice in terms of quality.
    04-14-08 10:00 AM
    i got mine for free when i bought a bundle of crud off ebay for my curve...still have yet to use it
    04-14-08 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD