Which Verizon BB phone would be best for my small biz? Rely heavily on e-mail and texting. Media features are nice, but only a bonus at this time. I'm considering the Storm 9530, Curve 8830 and World Edition 8830. Need full QWERTY, not sure type. Thanks in advance for your help.
    03-13-09 02:08 PM
    Small/large business size is negligible in terms of device. Go to a store and try each one out, and see which is more comfortable for you to use.
    03-13-09 02:11 PM
    Although I can't imagine the Storm as a business tool,
    (seems more geared to the general consumer), I'd have to agree
    go try them out. Regardless of the device, you will be well served.
    03-13-09 02:14 PM
    Which Verizon BB phone would be best for my small biz? Rely heavily on e-mail and texting. Media features are nice, but only a bonus at this time. I'm considering the Storm 9530, Curve 8830 and World Edition 8830. Need full QWERTY, not sure type. Thanks in advance for your help.
    What business are you going into?
    03-13-09 07:52 PM
    I don't think you can go wrong with either a an 8830 or Curve.

Try out the Storm though. Never know. Might suit your needs well.
    03-13-09 07:58 PM
    Although I can't imagine the Storm as a business tool,
    (seems more geared to the general consumer), I'd have to agree
    go try them out. Regardless of the device, you will be well served.
    I can't see that as well, but you never know. It might be the ultimate business tool.
    03-13-09 08:05 PM
    I think what BB to use for your business is not as important as which BB feels better to lug around. I like big solid phone (I've owned just about every Nokia Communicators), I hate touchscreen (had a HTC touch and Iphone and abhor them!), and I surf a lot (so 3G service is very important). The obvious choice is the Bold.

My brother doesn't surf, hates big phones and touchscreen, so he got the Javelin. I always thought the Javelin is a bit too small for my fingers and seems kinda fragile and girly to me (sorry to male Javelin owners, no offense).
    03-13-09 08:57 PM
    The obvious choice is the Bold.

Bold's for At&t, but the Niagara is due out soon for Verizon.
    But as before, try out which one feels better to you, and is easier to use.
    03-13-09 09:05 PM
    I would say the 8830 we or the 8330 curve I prefer the curve my father owns a 8830 so I frequently use both since I do all the managing of his device upgrading and apps and what not since we work together and I really like the feel of my curve. The curve also has a camera where as the 8830 does not. But I will say that the 8830 has been dropped several times and runs strong as **** my curve is my baby and does not even have small scratches so I can't testify to ruggedness. That's just my opinion from using it. But go to the store and play with them if the bogo offer is still valid get the 8830 or curve for work and storm for personal satisfies all needs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 09:08 PM
    The 8830 or Curve 8330 should fit your needs well. I'm not confident in the Storm as a business device as you're going to be spending most of your time loading new OSes and you can't type as fast. The Storm is meant as a consumer device, not a business device but it can do both. The 8330 and 8830 aren't as flashy but they get the job done and they are reliable.
    03-13-09 10:14 PM
    I can't see that as well, but you never know. It might be the ultimate business tool.
    I agree. Ultimately, you will need to see which fits your needs. No reason for you to settle for a BlackBerry that you will not want to use everyday for your business needs. Good luck

03-13-09 10:26 PM
    Thanks all for your help. Much appreciated.
    03-16-09 05:14 PM
    I understand that the World Edition is more business oriented with the lack of media (i.e. Camera) and I believe it is slightly more powerful than the Curve, don't quote me on that though.

03-16-09 06:49 PM
    I agree. Ultimately, you will need to see which fits your needs. No reason for you to settle for a BlackBerry that you will not want to use everyday for your business needs. Good luck

Indeed BL. You have to just try them out and figure out which one is going to work for you. Let us know which BB you decide to use.
    03-16-09 07:49 PM
    I would go for the 8330 Curve.
    03-16-09 08:18 PM
    I would go for the 8330 Curve.
    That would not be a bad choice for a small business BB actually.
    03-16-09 08:27 PM
    That would not be a bad choice for a small business BB actually.
    I'm thinking the camera could come in handy. If he/she is making some sort of product for example, the camera could be used to take pictures of samples to send to prospective distributors. That's just 1 quick example, but this day and age I think we need a good camera on our phone.
    03-16-09 08:33 PM
    For a small business, the 8700 series is still a very capable workhorse and easy on the pockets as well. I would also recommend the 8830 as well. Not sure if you need a camera because you didn't really give many details but I'm guessing that one isn't really necessary

03-17-09 01:15 AM
    For a small business, the 8700 series is still a very capable workhorse and easy on the pockets as well. I would also recommend the 8830 as well. Not sure if you need a camera because you didn't really give many details but I'm guessing that one isn't really necessary

Except it cannot be updated to 4.5. I would spend the extra money and get an 8830 or the Curve 8330 which will have a longer lifespan (they should also be updated to the 5.0 OS.)
    03-17-09 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD