OK,I got your attention, and that is all BB needs to sell a couple more phones,hopefully Millions! You see I've been racking my tiny brain the last couple of days trying to figure out some sort of plan BB could use to help itself out,we all know they won't spend on marketing,right?So if they challenge the world to hack them with a Million bucks reward going to the genius who does, it could bring people to realize that BB is the real deal.Instead of just claiming they are, the best in security,why not walk the talk and put your money where your mouth is.Only problem is ,What if? well I think we all know what that is, but wtf looks like they won't be in the hardware biz much longer anyways.The challenge runs for 3 months,Sometimes desperate people do desperate things and it pays off big time. I'm pretty sure there are tons of companies right now trying to take down BB with a hack and this has been going on forever,right? So why would a challenge help the hackers succeed? It wouldn't but would get BB huge Free Marketing!
    06-25-15 05:12 AM
    OK,I got your attention!
    Well played sir, very well played
    06-25-15 05:19 AM
    They advertise online and a little footnote in those ads could read...Take the BB Million Dollar Challenge... sending you to a link where all the BB goodness is shown off and of course the Challenge Rules.
    06-25-15 06:00 AM
    They advertise online and a little footnote in those ads could read...Take the BB Million Dollar Challenge... sending you to a link where all the BB goodness is shown off and of course the Challenge Rules.
    That's genius Jojo.

The only thing that scares the bejesus out of me is, what happens if they do get hacked.
    06-25-15 06:19 AM
    That's genius Jojo.

The only thing that scares the bejesus out of me is, what happens if they do get hacked.
    Does it matter? BlackBerry is already dying. So this is a hail mary

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 06:26 AM
    Every interview chen gives he could say something like..Hey,folks don't forget about our Million dollar Challenge,we're that good!
    06-25-15 06:48 AM
    What happens if its hacked though?
    06-25-15 07:04 AM
    So like a million dollar bug bounty?

I think I know someone who could cash in on that...
    06-25-15 07:06 AM
    What happens if its hacked though?
    Like I said,Companies and individuals have ,and are always trying to do it but they can't.The $Million is just a gimmick to market the fact that BB is secure,lol
    06-25-15 07:10 AM
    Like I said,Companies and individuals have ,and are always trying to do it but they can't.The $Million is just a gimmick to market the fact that BB is secure,lol
    If there was $1 Million on the line I think you'd see much more of an effort by these people to try and hack BB10. As of now the market share is so low there really isn't much of an effort to try and do it. If a BB10 phone isn't on BES then its not really secure.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-25-15 07:16 AM
    Someone would hack it eventually. BB10 and BES still uses a lot of Open source stuff. Remember the HeartBlead hack recently that affected them and many others?

Posted via Z30
    jas1978 likes this.
    06-25-15 07:27 AM
    If there was $1 Million on the line I think you'd see much more of an effort by these people to try and hack BB10. As of now the market share is so low there really isn't much of an effort to try and do it. If a BB10 phone isn't on BES then its not really secure.
    That's where the Rules come in , as far as someone putting in extra effort I think that if someone were to hack BB they would be set for life in the industry so a million won't make much of a difference to them they already see the benefits if they were to succeed,they're out there as we speak, trying.BB is all about security and they should have a gimmick to market that at little or no additional cost because a million $ give away gets a lot of attention.
    06-25-15 07:39 AM
    That's where the Rules come in , as far as someone putting in extra effort I think that if someone were to hack BB they would be set for life in the industry so a million won't make much of a difference to them they already see the benefits if they were to succeed,they're out there as we speak, trying.BB is all about security and they should have a gimmick to market that at little or no additional cost because a million $ give away gets a lot of attention.
    I get what you are saying, but this would be suicide for BB. If someone did hack it they would be completely finished.
    06-25-15 07:49 AM
    Most sites, companies have their computer systems attacked because one of their staff did not follow best security practices. This is how most cyber attacks occur. Someone close to the target installs a broken piece of software or accesses an infected site and compromises the entire system.

My guess is that BlackBerry's success in security is a result of enforcing good behaviour. If the payoff was 1 million, then someone could afford to pay a "mole", say $100, 000 to get close to BlackBerry and infect one of their staff or close clients. They would still make $900, 000 in profit.

I think BlackBerry is just fine the way they are. Being the company people are reminded of when things "don't" go wrong is priceless. "We got hacked! Oh no! What are we going to do… oh wait, do we still have our BES running? Give everyone a BlackBerry now! Clean install, no user apps! Disable all permissions! Wow! We could have done this in the first place and still had fully-featured mobile computing? What were we thinking choosing anything but BlackBerry?!"
    06-25-15 09:54 AM
    My employer has a world winning hacker in service to test our network, so maybe I can send him an internal mail I don't think it's wise.
    06-25-15 09:55 AM
    Look how well that worked for Sony when they challenged the hacker world to hack the ps3. It did not go very well and well the top phone hacker in the world couldn't hack BB10 at the last Black Hat, so I dont think many others will try
    06-25-15 10:23 AM
    It doesn't matter how secure your system is, everything can be hacked. If a man can make it, a man can also break it. This would be suicide. What they do need to do is better advertising and more apps. Lots of people are wanting Andriod device in the company I work for because they need apps to do their every day job. Like Citrix client.... that run on work side.
    Last edited by james-007; 06-25-15 at 12:56 PM.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-25-15 10:36 AM
    I don't see how this would benefit them or drive sales. Plus, I hate bate click headlines.
    06-25-15 11:56 AM
    You see I've been racking my tiny brain the last couple of days trying to figure out some sort of plan BB could use to help itself out,
    wow, you really have nothing else going on? Here is a link to help you out:

BlackBerry - Jobs at BlackBerry - Start a Career With BlackBerry - Canada
    06-25-15 12:18 PM
    Rather than issue a 'challenge' and to imply that that their security is bullet-proof (which is not) then ending up eating crows, they could issue security bounties for people to point out chinks in their security armor to show how serious they are about security. The problem is, again, given BlackBerry's marketshare and brand, would the security researchers bother? I am taking Coursera's "Introduction to Marketing" and as I follow the lectures I kept relating back to BlackBerry. The course talked about brand A LOT, the importance of it, and pointed how out strong brands like Google's, Apple's are. BlackBerry's brand is the complete opposite, so damaged and tarnished in every aspect, save for security.
    06-25-15 01:52 PM
    Op everything is hackable. It depends how much time you want to devote into hacking the system. BlackBerry knows they are not resilient to hacking as well which is why they come up with the best security to slow down hackers. Their security is design to slow down hackers and annoy them to the point where it's not worth the time and effort to do so. Given the resource, time and effort BlackBerry system can be hacked into.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 02:16 PM
    Psh, I already know a "hack" to save BARs directly on the device without any third party software involved. Where's my million?

NO company has perfect security.
    06-25-15 02:53 PM
    What a terrible idea. You know nothing of security hacking. Only downside for BlackBerry.

Adding to ignore list for egregious click bait.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:00 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is secure but not anywhere close to as secure as BlackBerry 7 and older versions.
    06-25-15 03:04 PM
    OK,I got your attention, and that is all BB needs to sell a couple more phones,hopefully Millions! You see I've been racking my tiny brain the last couple of days trying to figure out some sort of plan BB could use to help itself out,we all know they won't spend on marketing,right?So if they challenge the world to hack them with a Million bucks reward going to the genius who does, it could bring people to realize that BB is the real deal.Instead of just claiming they are, the best in security,why not walk the talk and put your money where your mouth is.Only problem is ,What if? well I think we all know what that is, but wtf looks like they won't be in the hardware biz much longer anyways.The challenge runs for 3 months,Sometimes desperate people do desperate things and it pays off big time. I'm pretty sure there are tons of companies right now trying to take down BB with a hack and this has been going on forever,right? So why would a challenge help the hackers succeed? It wouldn't but would get BB huge Free Marketing!
    Why you doing this all the time??

Seems like you can only say that all the time. Lame!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:06 PM
98 123 ...