BBM screen share seems pretty cool. It doesn't seem to be too hot of a topic of conversation but who else thinks its just a glimpse of what BB10 can do.

Has anyone else used it? Can any other phone do it? Watching the BB10 release it seems cool, but not sure how well it perform. Obviously its hard to tell watching video feeds of two different live events showing two things happening in two different parts of the world.

I'm not sure but I'd assume this is our first real life view of QNX's capabilities (the confetti-demonstration looked amazing, hope they release it at some point just to mess around with it). Does anyone know if this is taking advantage of QNX's unique patented differentiating abilities?
    baolam86 likes this.
    04-04-13 11:41 PM
    I don't think any current OS'es out there have ability like screen share natively on the the OS messaging platform itself right now ( don't know about third party app). The feature is pretty neat and i use it often to help trouble shooting / sharing stuff on the go with some of my friends and GF's BB10. It's is like team viewer/ remote log in type of thing. This feature is actually pretty sick but i don't know why BBRY hasn't focus on its strongly instead of HUB and Peek. It is very helpful for business / casual purposes
    04-04-13 11:52 PM
    I don't think any current OS'es out there have ability like screen share natively on the the OS messaging platform itself right now ( don't know about third party app). The feature is pretty neat and i use it often to help trouble shooting / sharing stuff on the go with some of my friends and GF's BB10. It's is like team viewer/ remote log in type of thing. This feature is actually pretty sick but i don't know why BBRY hasn't focus on its strongly instead of HUB and Peek. It is very helpful for business / casual purposes
    Might be too early to focus on it. With more BB10 devices released and BB10 coming to PB I could seem them pushing it more. Good to get feedback on how its working. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    04-04-13 11:59 PM
    Currently only one person can share at a time. I would like to see BBRY make the feature be able to share screens between two or more people simultaneously . Btw, don't you have a device already?
    04-05-13 12:06 AM
    Currently only one person can share at a time. I would like to see BBRY make the feature be able to share screens between two or more people simultaneously . Btw, don't you have a device already?
    I wish. Money constraints. I'm saving though. Just need a few more paychecks to come in.
    04-05-13 01:29 AM
    I believe the entire BB10/QNX operating system is a glimpse of the future, but only a few people think that way right now.

BlackBerry's new software and devices almost reminds me of when Android was relatively unknown and not marketed very much: because T-Mobile was the first & only U.S. carrier to sell the Google G1 in the fall of 2008. Although BlackBerry is already a household name, it will still take time to create awareness for BB10 and rebuild the brand.

It took the marketing muscle of Verizon to really get the word out about Android a year later, when Big Red helped resurrect Motorola & partnered with Google to put Android in the minds of consumers in the United States with the "DROID" brand.

I just don't know if any wireless carrier will put that same amount of money and effort to promote BlackBerry at this time or in the near future. Times are very different now in the crowded space of smartphone manufacturers and operating systems.

However, with 3 major carriers already selling BB10 in the United States, BlackBerry definitely has a rolling head-start as a 1st-Gen OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 04:19 AM
    totally agree mjizzle.

Things take time to build. Apple/droid were only breaking their own sales records at first.

BB10 will spread and grow. It won't happen over night but when it does it will seem like it did.
    04-06-13 12:16 AM
    Used it a bunch of times since I got a couple people to buy the Z10. Works fantastic. I think this feature has loads of potential. Eagerly waiting to see where BlackBerry takes this.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 04:51 PM
    I've used it a number of times as well. It's extremely useful with a new user, since you can quickly walk them through a few key pages in the Settings to show them what to enable/disable, and how to set up appropriate passwords etc. Way easier to show someone than try to walk them through it in email or -- worse -- verbally.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-06-13 05:11 PM
    I use it loads on my comp where Skype offers summat similar, but desktop only.
    No one else offers a mobile version that I'm aware of, but as no one I know has a Z10 I haven't been able to test it out yet.
    04-06-13 05:14 PM
    I've used it when I was trying a friend's app. I was able to show him exactly how I was using his app, any problems I saw, etc. Awesome!
    04-06-13 05:59 PM
    It's a failure until they let video replay work.

I record something and can't share it with friends and family such as the kids in the part.

Completely useless other than the wow factor

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:48 PM
    It's a failure until they let video replay work.

I record something and can't share it with friends and family such as the kids in the part.

Completely useless other than the wow factor

Posted via CB10
    Use dropbox. That way your family can see it on their computer rather than a small screen...

Sent from my game boy color
    04-07-13 10:22 PM
    No.

The point is. Brry should let video streaming if it's possible software and hardware wise.

It's very fast and easy to do this vs. telling someone in another non English speaking country to go to a website.

Ppl really need to stop having a "what can the consumer do without" mentality.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:02 AM
    Crackberry should post a video and guide about this feature, and ideas for what this feature can be use for. I can only think about troubleshooting purpose only
    04-08-13 07:07 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It's an amazing feature!!! People are just starting to realize the potential uses.....

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:21 AM
    No.

The point is. Brry should let video streaming if it's possible software and hardware wise.

It's very fast and easy to do this vs. telling someone in another non English speaking country to go to a website.

Posted via CB10
    A video within a video. I'm sure that would lose its quality. There is a reason why they didn't do it. There's reasons for everything. I'm just not that privi to say why...

Sent from my game boy color
    04-08-13 11:49 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10

Its never enough for some people.

Who else has this?

If you are using any other product that doesn't have screen share native do you have the "what can the consumer do without" mentality.

Seems other people are finding BBM screen share quite usefull.
    04-09-13 12:46 AM