BB on prepaid (pageplus)?
I tried to switch my 9650 over from verizon to pageplus (a prepaid reseller that uses verizon's network). The voice/text/data work fine but I cannot receive email. When I contacted their tech support they didn't know why and could only say "well, it's a blackberry and they're complicated" . . I'm guessing they mean because of bis?
So, does anyone have any ideas or experience with this? I have tried to reconfigure the email and resend service books but only get "cannot connect with server" . . maybe someone who really understands how this all works can tell me what's up?
- 11-30-12, 01:20 PM #3
Page Plus does not offer BIS. You would have to load custom service books and use the Logic Mail app. Basically you can call and text out of the box. With service books and replacement apps, you can email (not push but pull). And BIS connected BB apps like Facebook or Twitter will not work. I did this for two months and ended up hating the limited functionality. I bought a 9780 and went over to T-Mobile Pre-Pay which offers a $10 BIS add on for $30 or greater pre-pay plans.
As much as I want to love BB for the keyboard its dopey little things like this that bug me and make me leary of going all in, I know its not their fault but it always seems like things are more complicated with BB, even when I was on verizon it was always "register your device, upload the service books, pull your battery, etc" and with an android phone it seems like all I do is click the mail icon and there it is . . of course its only complicated to those who don't know what they're doing (like me). Thanks again!
- By Spuds93 in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 6Last Post: 11-30-10, 08:25 PM
- By spretty in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-03-09, 09:30 AM
- By Hiram in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 4Last Post: 09-04-07, 01:07 AM
- By powersol in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 4Last Post: 08-30-07, 11:30 AM
- By KnappyRootz in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-23-07, 10:17 AM