Fairly new to CrackBerry.. Just wanted to hear your "love" story for any of your BB phones...So please share.

First, a history of my phones (ummmm....this is a long read... )

My first BB was a white 9000 - a hand-me-down from my sister.. At the time, I was using a little Sony Ericsson. When I first used the BB, I complained (mostly about what it didn't do that my Sony was able to do). But a month or so into using it, I fell in-love. I mean, I LOVED that phone! Then the whole "server"-issue started.

Since it seemed "everyone" at my office had an iPhone- I jumped ship and purchased a 4S. After a while of using the 4S, I started thinking...REALLY thinking, about the security. I realized I knew nothing, heard nothing, read nothing about the security of my iPhone.
    Isn't it funny how none of the other smartphone makers NEVER EVER really talk about the "security" of their phones. Just a thought...

Eventually the "security" issue started bugging me enough that I began to seriously consider purchasing a Q10. Truth is, I NEVER - EVER - liked my iPhone. Even up until the day I switched back to BB, I cursed the day I purchased it. Oh, I LOVED the camera on it....and having enough space for all my music...but besides that...what else remained that I couldn't do without? Not much.

Then last year someone from my office ditched their BB and purchased an iPhone 5S. Knowing I was a previous BB user, he wanted to know how I liked my iPhone. I told him I hated it. Yes, HATED it. He asked why. Oh, where do I start...there are soooo many things I hate about it. But, I kept it simple (a hard-core Apple person was nearby) - and simply said, "I guess I'm not an all touch screen person. I can't stand typing on the touch-screen key pad and it seems I'm always back-spacing and re-typing. I feel like I'm wasting time re-doing things".

He then asked the Apple fan what he liked about his 5S. "... I really like the apps. They have have great apps." I didn't say anything, but thought about it a while. It seems whenever I have asked people why they like their phone, they hardly, if ever, talk about "how great the phone is". Instead, they refer to the ease of usability or the great "apps" or the camera, or the large screen. Ease of usability? Just how hard can it be to dial a number, text someone or surf the web? Apps? Without the apps, is the phone in your hand pretty much a basic phone despite the price tag? Camera? Isn't that pretty much standard now? WTH???

Funny, the "re-typing" issue was already being noticed by the new iPhone user. I thought to myself: I hate to tell you Mr. Former BB user (soon to be Mr. Returning Back to BB user), but no, you WON'T get use to the inefficiency. I figure I'll let him discover that torturous tidbit all on his own...But, thanks to him, the conversation made me ask myself: Why am I sticking with a phone that I hate and don't trust? The same weekend, I purchased the Q10.

Unfortunately, after two weeks, I couldn't - more accurately - "wouldn't" - adjust to the Q10 (as I wanted my 9000 experience). So I took it back and had them order me a Bold 9930.

Aaaahhhh.. Nirvana!

My "fingers" remembered.
    My heart leaped.
    And yes, I found myself just picking up the phone just to touch it. (ok, the CB newbie got issues). But I was ....well...just giddy! I was back in-love again. Yeah, I wished the screen was bigger...but danggonit, I was back in-love...Finally!

After a few months of using the 9930, I realized that there was absolutely nothing "wrong" with the Q10 that I returned. At the time, it was just too big of a switch emotionally for me from my beloved 9000. So, I decided to give the Q10 another go (but kept the 9930).

My Q10 experience the second time around was very different. I was more accepting of it. I had treated it like a stepchild when in truth, it was just as much a part of the "family" as the 9930. Going from the 9000 to the 9930 was a very natural transition. And going from the 9930 to the Q10 was also do-able. The emotional shock was in trying to go from the the 9000 to the Q10 (there must be a "phone psychology" business in here somewhere).

This new feeling of "loving" my phone again got me to thinking...when was the last time I heard anyone say they LOVED their phone? Remember my sister who gave me the white 9000? She was a long time BB user. She has since gone to Samsung. She raved all about Samsung at first only to jump ship two years later to a Nexxus. And now that I'm back with BB, her amnesia is dissipating as well. She's been at the wireless store several times, "playing" with the Z30. She said as soon as her current contract is up, she's going to get her a Z30. That's another interesting fact too. Why don't people miss their "old" phone brand when they go to a new one? Can you say...no love?

That's where BB users are different.

Once you use a BB and go to different brand, you'll soon find yourself "missing" your BB. It's like BB phones get into the very fiber of your being.

Now that I'm back...I'll never go back! And with the Q20 (Classic BlackBerry) coming out this Fall, I know I'll be hooked for life! Geesh...did I say, Fall??? We're not even through Summer yet (sigh)

Apologies for the length...I just had to express the experience to a forum that ...well..."would understand".
    Last edited by bborgimicks; 04-23-14 at 01:55 AM.
    04-23-14 12:58 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and welcome back to BlackBerry! What a great story. I still am to yet play with an iPhone, as I find them pricey for what they are. I know there are qualities, but yeah I can't give a unbiased review on one. I have had a note 3 and now a htc one m7 as I wanted to try out sense 5 and all that jazz.

Have my 9320, 9900, z10, and now a Q10. Still can't bring myself to get a z30 while waiting for a Q20 to come out.
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-23-14 01:06 AM
    Apple strategy for the memory is crazy if you tell me. Oh you want more memory on your phone? Too bad we don't support micro-sd. Gotta spend a little more to have more memory.

While on other phones, you can pay like around $20 for a micro-sd to expand your memory.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:24 AM
    good point!
    04-23-14 01:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and welcome back to BlackBerry! What a great story. I still am to yet play with an iPhone, as I find them pricey for what they are. I know there are qualities, but yeah I can't give a unbiased review on one. I have had a note 3 and now a htc one m7 as I wanted to try out sense 5 and all that jazz.

Have my 9320, 9900, z10, and now a Q10. Still can't bring myself to get a z30 while waiting for a Q20 to come out.
    I know. Waiting for the Q20 (Classic BB) is soooo very hard to do right now. Gotta BB!
    04-23-14 01:50 AM
    Sometimes I have hate and love relationship with my z10 but overall I would have hard time switching to c petition.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-23-14 01:54 AM
    Welcome back mate, and great read!
    Enjoy your BB
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-23-14 07:48 PM
    Simple BlackBerry has made my life easier, organized, and very productive whilst mobile.added to the aforementioned it has added to my peace of mind in terms of security.

Posted via CB10
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-23-14 10:12 PM
    Love it. Welcome back. I have a running list in my Remember app of all the things I love about BB10. When someone asks, I just give them the list to read.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-23-14 10:16 PM