So next status update with Ubuntu. I have gotten it to backup and sync with Evolution. My contacts and schedule transferred. I need to do some testing for when changes happen and how it goes back and forth. I did have an error on part of the process so I think changes in Evolution may not get to the BB. Not a big deal for me yet.

Side note on MGMaps. Don't ever ask a BB app to delete the maps (MGMapsCashe) directory. It took almost 24 hours to delete it. I had to make sure I brought my power cable to keep the battery alive. Also, if you connect the BB to a computer the BB apps loose access to the MicroSD card. I would not connect it for fear of destroying the file system on the card when access gets jerked from the BB app.

Any tips on getting apps that are only available on-line? There are a few things I would like that I can get the .jar file but cannot get the .cod and .alx. Still looking for a solution to this. Is it possible to get it from another BB user if they have it installed on their's?
    01-08-10 11:14 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD