I am under the impression from various readings that your hospital's profile is in the minority now. Toronto is also absolutely a BBRY stronghold. My sister's clinic in Oregon is likely more representative: doctors formerly almost completely BB, now almost exclusively iOS and Android. The change was very rapid and heavily influenced by availability of specialized apps.
    Been saying that for months now.
    A business phone without business productivity apps is not a business phone anymore.

Email writing just isn't enough, in a modern smartphone context.
    If you need emails, old Nokia flip phones are enough.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-12-15 06:38 PM
    Lol alba101 if I ever leave blackberry (which I never would) I would go to the samsung s6. That phone is a beauty!!!

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to leave Blackberry. You just have to play around on the side. Two totally different phones. Two different missions.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 06:47 PM
    I might see it the wrong way, but the Passport isn't exactly popular, it's not the newest phone anymore...

So you have 2 possibilities (well, more obv, but of these 2 archetypes):

1) You'll find a die hard, who absolutely wants a Passport, but doesn't want to buy it for the retail price.
    In that case, you can demand more.

2) You'll find someone who is intrigued/interested, but not exactly a fan.
    That person shouldn't even think about buying the Passport for a lot more than 50% of its initial value, since the phone is old, and in return doesn't have any meaningful resale value for him/her, after buying it from you.
    I agree with your premise but I'm all about minimizing my losses if not flipping for a profit, in that respect I'll stand firm at $500 and someone will buy a Passport and they'll save $150 buying a mint condition phone.

I don't agree with your theory of the BBP being worth 50% of it's retail value to a person who's considering it, simply because smartphones don't depreciate that quickly. Now if your trading it in to a Corporate Retailer they'll tell you that, so that they can flip it to a 3rd party and make a profit off you, but on the open market your likely to get top dollar for it.

I'm sure it'll sell for $500 because if it doesn't I won't sell it.....
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-12-15 08:20 PM
    🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    ☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

RedBlackBeast�
    04-12-15 11:02 PM
    I also was wondering what's BB's resale value is right now, or how much are you guys seeing it in your local markets, especially Canada.
    Shop Blackberry is still asking $600+tax (so about $650) in the US.

The reason why I was curious about the value is, how to determine what would be a good deal if I see one sold on ebay/cl/etc..
    I think good value is the one that's worth buying. What was the Passport's lowest price on ShopBlackberry? $499?
    04-12-15 11:29 PM
    In Toronto the average price for a used "mint" condition Passport is $500.00 to $550.00 depending if it's the white model. On Kijiji.

Loving my Passport!
    04-12-15 11:42 PM
    I don't think anyone will buy it at the $500 price point
    It should be less than $400.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 11:56 PM
    04-13-15 12:20 AM
    I haven't seen a single ATT model on sale anywhere so far and I think ATT's 660 price is way too much.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    04-13-15 01:39 AM
    499 brand new (including the coupon), so I guess 250 to 300 used should be fair.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-13-15 02:18 AM
    I wouldn't do more then $500 USD "Buy it Now". However I'd check the option for "Best offer". Leave it up for 2 weeks and see what you get.

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    04-13-15 02:45 AM
    I agree with your premise but I'm all about minimizing my losses if not flipping for a profit, in that respect I'll stand firm at $500 and someone will buy a Passport and they'll save $150 buying a mint condition phone.

I don't agree with your theory of the BBP being worth 50% of it's retail value to a person who's considering it, simply because smartphones don't depreciate that quickly. Now if your trading it in to a Corporate Retailer they'll tell you that, so that they can flip it to a 3rd party and make a profit off you, but on the open market your likely to get top dollar for it.

I'm sure it'll sell for $500 because if it doesn't I won't sell it.....
    If a smartphone isn't popular, the resale value plummets pretty fast into an endless pit of nothingness.
    Just ask Z10/Z30 users

It's also a problem of the market offering so many choices. At 400$, I can get brand new high-end phones out of China for example.
    Or something like a OnePlus.

I wish you good luck with selling it!
    It's a great device and with more business apps, I would have kept the Passport myself.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-13-15 04:01 AM
    Sold the BBP today for $475, a lucky guy from Anaheim took it off my hands.
    Proves the Passport still holds high value, patience is a virtue, the White Colorway
    definitely helped in my favor. Cheers!
    04-16-15 07:11 PM
    I haven't really had a problem in the past selling my used BlackBerry's, but I mostly do trading with them. I do know that it seems iPhones and Samsung definitely hold onto their resale value longer.
    04-17-15 02:43 PM
    Sold my black Passport for $475 (6 months old mint condition) , and bought the red one for $599.

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.500 on Telus
    04-22-15 08:13 PM
65 123